The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Well this explains everything.

Original post by sr90
Well this explains everything.

Oldest joke in the world atm. 1/10, you can do better lemon.
Original post by So Instinct
Oldest joke in the world atm. 1/10, you can do better lemon.

Bit harsh on Rodgers there, he's only 41.
Original post by sr90

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

That's the lemon I know.
Original post by sr90

That was actually quite funny. Credit where it's due.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's the lemon I know.

Brah no need to be bitter. Just win Europa and knock Arsenal out of CL when they come 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Brah no need to be bitter. Just win Europa and knock Arsenal out of CL when they come 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They wouldnt knock Arsenal out of CL. If Liverpool win Europa then we'll have 5 English teams in the CL next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bitter?

Think you're confused Stephanie.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bitter?

Think you're confused Stephanie.

Tbh Europa is viable. Your squad is big enough to handle both competitions and there's enough quality. Also make top 6 and then even a double could be achievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh Europa is viable. Your squad is big enough to handle both competitions and there's enough quality. Also make top 6 and then even a double could be achievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure how the conversation came to this, but k.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not sure how the conversation came to this, but k.

I wanted to keep it relevant. I don't like the bullying nature of this forum. I am unfairly scapegoated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to keep it relevant. I don't like the bullying nature of this forum. I am unfairly scapegoated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Ncl".
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
https://twitter.com/Erin_ONeill_Xo/status/541302646972633088

Borini ain't injured according to his GF.

He's done well for himself
So we have to beat Basel to progress.. we may be at home but they're doing well in their domestic league and we have to score which is proving difficult lately. You know they will just try to hit us on the counter too.
Reply 6355
Original post by Zerforax
So we have to beat Basel to progress.. we may be at home but they're doing well in their domestic league and we have to score which is proving difficult lately. You know they will just try to hit us on the counter too.

Is Rodgers likely to rest people for our game, or does nobody know what he's up to any more?
Original post by Zerforax

Being honest, your very unlikely to go very far if you qualify.

Surely Liverpool fans would be happy to focus on the league and getting top 4 next season, due to the financial implications, not to mention issues with attracting top players etc, if you were to miss out.

If you had the choice of one or the other, even an unlikely CL semi final finish vs top 4 would be a no brainer? No? That said obviously you could get both or nether, it's just well known the CL can hamper league results.
Original post by samba
Is Rodgers likely to rest people for our game, or does nobody know what he's up to any more?

I very much doubt he will rest. We have to win to progress and it's in our hands at home. Basel are a decent side but considering the amount of money spent on the squad, we should have a chance of beating them.

No doubt CL knock-out round was the target when we achieved CL football. It's Tuesday to Sunday so no real reason to rest players. We'll then rest in the League Cup before we face Arsenal the following week.
Original post by hayles101
Being honest, your very unlikely to go very far if you qualify.

Surely Liverpool fans would be happy to focus on the league and getting top 4 next season, due to the financial implications, not to mention issues with attracting top players etc, if you were to miss out.

If you had the choice of one or the other, even an unlikely CL semi final finish vs top 4 would be a no brainer? No? That said obviously you could get both or nether, it's just well known the CL can hamper league results.

If we lose, we're likely to end up in the Europa League and we're more likely to progress further there which would hinder our top 4 attempt.

I think we'd make more money by competing in the R16 than if we play 2-3 extra rounds of the EL.

I'm happy to get through the group, play the R16 and get knocked out and then focus on finshing top 4..
Ideally it would be nice to beat Man Utd and Arsenal but the main thing is not to lose. If we draw then we haven't lost ground in the chase.

I'm still banking on Sturridge to get us over the line..

Quick Reply

Latest