The Student Room Group

2015 Compensation for Banking - MEGA THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Freda49
Well Barclays has already upped from 43k to 50k, so it'll be pretty interesting if the rest of the banks follow. Saying that, this is just for interns. As of a few weeks ago, the full timers hadn't heard anything. But I agree, if there's enough of a critical mass, they'll all be forced to follow.

That's interesting, but historically Barclays has always paid the best in London for BASE + SIGNING.

The problem with Barclays is that the Tier 1 banks know they're way better than Barclays.
Firm: US Elite boutique
Summer/Full-Time: FT
Division: IBD
Sign-on: GBP5k
Base: GBP45k + 10k in RSU
Bonus range: in line with US offices
Reply 22
Original post by surfmonkey
Firm: US Elite boutique
Base: GBP45k + 10k in RSU
Bonus range: in line with US offices

Nice

Can you offer any more insight into what RSU is and what this consists of
Reply 23
Firm: Citigroup
Summer/Full-Time: Summer
Division: Sales and Trading
Sign-on:
Base: GBP45k ( I imagine pay will be more in the US)
Bonus range:
Original post by tamintl
Nice

Can you offer any more insight into what RSU is and what this consists of

restricted stock units
Reply 25
Original post by Oschene23
Summer figures for 2015 for IBD: (pro rata) that I know of:

JPM £42k
Nomura £45k
UBS £50k

Posted from TSR Mobile

UBS figure seems high, they're paying their quant trader grads on (one of their) top teams 45k + signing + bonus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popo123
UBS figure seems high, they're paying their quant trader grads on (one of their) top teams 45k + signing + bonus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's a confirmed figure. Maybe its because trader bonuses can be far higher than the IBD guys?
Original post by tamintl
I noticed that most banks upped their analyst pay in the US to $85,000 Base. It's really annoying how London hasn't done the same, period.

All it takes is one tier 1 bank to up it and all the others will follow. That's what happened in the US - BAML upped to 85 and everyone else followed like sheep. Hopefully it happens in the UK.

BAML has also confirmed that 1st years get £50k in UK. So I guess its just a matter of time before the others also confirm.
Reply 28
Original post by tamintl
Hi all,

I think it would be very useful to have a thread that outlines the compensation packages this year. Obviously, hearing from people who have seen contracts would be best. To keep it structured, it would be best to use the following:

Firm:
Summer/Full-Time:
Division:
Sign-on:
Base:
Bonus range:

I'll kick it off...

Firm: RBS
Summer/Full-Time: Full Time
Division: Debt Capital Markets
Sign-on: £0
Base: £46,500
Bonus range: £0-£5000

All the best!

ayyy, good thing I didnt take my RBS offer then
Reply 29
Original post by MAINE.
ayyy, good thing I didnt take my RBS offer then

Yeah likewise. RBS is a shambles

Original post by CountInFives
BAML has also confirmed that 1st years get £50k in UK. So I guess its just a matter of time before the others also confirm.

Ahh it's a bit annoying that I'm starting this year as the change won't come into affect before I start
Reply 30
Original post by tamintl
That's interesting, but historically Barclays has always paid the best in London for BASE + SIGNING.

The problem with Barclays is that the Tier 1 banks know they're way better than Barclays.

I think Barclays move goes in the right direction. the last 12 month have been a nightmare for the bank. huge cuts in the Investment Banking and WM divisions, plenty of senior management gone. I also heard from a classmate who interned there last summer that culture and "atmosphere" did not seem great over there (but that is just an isolated opinion of course).
They need to offer something more to attract new talent, someone is even starting to question the BB status of Barclays.

Original post by CountInFives

Credit Suisse grads starting summer 2015 will get 45k+6k sign-on. no idea of yearly bonus. it would be interesting to know what CS 2015 summer intern will get.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Liamp487
Firm: J.P. Morgan
Summer/Full-Time: Summer
Division: Finance, based in Bournemouth (London salaries may be higher)
Sign-on: £1000 relocation allowance
Base: £26,000 pro rata
Bonus range: N/A for internship

I just wonder, which uni did you go to?

and, was the base paid within 4-5 months?
Original post by Hody421
I just wonder, which uni did you go to?

and, was the base paid within 4-5 months?

I go the University of Southampton.

The internship is for the coming summer (2015) so I have not been paid yet haha
Reply 33
Do Summer interns get a bonus? if so how much and do they vary a lot from bank to bank?
Original post by adsj
Do Summer interns get a bonus? if so how much and do they vary a lot from bank to bank?

No - interns usually are not entitled to bonuses but you might get a relocation allowance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adsj

Yeah no bonus but around 1k of relocation allowance is the norm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get an additional 15% on my pro-rated salary, which I can take as cash or 'benefits' - whatever that is. Basically a bonus...RBS Markets summer internship, by the way.
Reply 37
Firm: MM Boutique
Base: GBP58k
Bonus range: no guidance but expect about 30-50% of base
Reply 38
Original post by tamintl
Hi all,

I think it would be very useful to have a thread that outlines the compensation packages this year. Obviously, hearing from people who have seen contracts would be best. To keep it structured, it would be best to use the following:

Firm:
Summer/Full-Time:
Division:
Sign-on:
Base:
Bonus range:

I'll kick it off...

Firm: RBS
Summer/Full-Time: Full Time
Division: Debt Capital Markets
Sign-on: £0
Base: £46,500
Bonus range: £0-£5000

All the best!

Mate that seems different to what friends have received in RBS for Capital Markets Graduate - More like £45k base + 15% benefits fundings, which can be taken as cash and brings you base to around c.£52k + £6k sign-on
Nowadays, companies, corporations and even individuals in India need not have to run to banks for carrying each and every transaction and fund transfers. These days, it is turning out to be hard to find customers using checks for making payments. This is made possible because of the advancement in the field of information technology

andhra bank ifsc code Hyderabad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending