The Student Room Group

Can you get an A* in a level maths if you get a C in one module?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pearl_rose
Hey guys,

is it possible to get an A* if you leave one of your six modules at a C (1 mark away from a B)?

Obviously this is providing you do really well in the other 5 exams

Would appreciate any response

you do the maths
Original post by Professor Purple
'Only' ._.
What did you get in standard maths?

A* :colondollar:
Just scraped it though thanks to the beauty of June 2013 C3.

I mean only in the sense that the majority of people that do further get either an A or A*, so I'm in the minority!
Original post by rayquaza17
A* :colondollar:
Just scraped it though thanks to the beauty of June 2013 C3.

I mean only in the sense that the majority of people that do further get either an A or A*, so I'm in the minority!

You forgot the 'only'! :rolleyes:

I never took maths at A2, might try it one day though to try it out
You forgot the 'only'! :rolleyes:

I never took maths at A2, might try it one day though to try it out

Haha I didn't mean to cause offence by saying only! I worked really hard for that B - my uni offer was BBB and I thought I was going to get a D or C in further and was going to miss my offer! All worked out in the end though. :smile:

Pretty much blasphemy to come into the maths forum on TSR and not do A2 maths! (another joke!)
Haha I didn't mean to cause offence by saying only! I worked really hard for that B - my uni offer was BBB and I thought I was going to get a D or C in further and was going to miss my offer! All worked out in the end though. :smile:

Pretty much blasphemy to come into the maths forum on TSR and not do A2 maths! (another joke!)

But you got an A* in maths so theyd probably have took you on anyway. What course do you do?

Loool, shame on me indeed. I'll refrain from posting in the future :getmecoat:
But you got an A* in maths so theyd probably have took you on anyway. What course do you do?

Loool, shame on me indeed. I'll refrain from posting in the future :getmecoat:

I study maths!
Reply 46
They've made A* in maths too easy. They should've made it like other subjects where you need 270 out of your 3 best A2 modules. Just C3/4 is too easy.
Original post by chn.challenger
What I didn't mention is the fact that finishing C3 and C4 in the first term, most of the students can already get an A. We spend the next six months taking it easy and slowly digest everything, and preparing to perfect the exam over this time. Of course during this time, a lot of other interesting things, applications of these basic ideas can be explored...Shouldn't be this easy, that is simply my point.

Woah you must go to/teach at a good school. At mine most people were getting Ds and below at this stage :s-smilie:
I study maths!

Where do you lecture study?
Where do you lecture study?

Newcastle :smile:
Newcastle :smile:

Oh aye youre geordie eh. Whats it like?
Oh aye youre geordie eh. Whats it like?

yeah I am haha.
I love it!
got an A* by like 4 ums....shiette
Reply 53
Random but do you have to know integral of e^x^2 and trig power integrals such as sinx^2 (not sinx all squared- that one is easy)
Reply 54
Original post by Rkai01
Random but do you have to know integral of e^x^2 and trig power integrals such as sinx^2 (not sinx all squared- that one is easy)

If you mean ex2e^{x^2} and sin(x2)sin(x^2) then you can't evaluate those integrals anyway in terms of elementary functions!
Reply 55
Original post by davros
If you mean ex2e^{x^2} and sin(x2)sin(x^2) then you can't evaluate those integrals anyway in terms of elementary functions!

oh cool so I guess its only in FP2/3 then.
btw which site fo you write thos functions as I cant on a standard keyboard?
Cheers
Original post by Rkai01

btw which site fo you write thos functions as I cant on a standard keyboard?
Cheers

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/LaTex
Reply 57
Original post by ubisoft
They've made A* in maths too easy. They should've made it like other subjects where you need 270 out of your 3 best A2 modules. Just C3/4 is too easy.

totally agreed!

Quick Reply

Latest