The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by curious-student
Yes! Well done on the offer, by the way! I went through the ILancaster app. If they haven't already then they will send you a password for this (your username is the email you used for ucas.) Alternatively, if you don't have access to this app, I'm pretty sure that you can call them or just email. :smile:

The iLancaster app is great - I definitely recommend it, especially if/when you become a Lancaster Uni student.

It's got a tailored bus timetable section, your acaedmic and exam timetable.
Gym opening times, food locations and opening times.

It even has the current windmill speeds.

It's a great app and also very helpful when you're lost as it has a GPS tracking map which tells you your exact location and how to get to your next lecture.

Also just FYI - lectures always finish 10 minutes early incase you have to go to another one straight away!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Large, double room on the ground floor of a student house in Lancaster which is available to rent. 5 second year students already in the house. Rent is £95 per week with bills, wifi, internet booster, washing machine and tumble drier available. The house is a 5 minute walk from the University of Cumbria, a minute walk from a local corner shop. Williamson Park and the Butterfly House are also in close walking distance along with a 5-10 minute walk to town and lots of bus stops nearby. Plenty of parking available. Lease is until 7th July 2015 and the room is available ASAP.
Message me for any more information
I got an offer for AAB for biomedical sciences! And the course starts October 2015 and i was just wondering because most courses start on September will freshers week be later for courses starting in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imaanicus
I got an offer for AAB for biomedical sciences! And the course starts October 2015 and i was just wondering because most courses start on September will freshers week be later for courses starting in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think all courses at lancs start in oct (mime does and i am doing lit) so i imagine freshers will be the last week of sept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That makes sense thank you!☺
That makes sense thank you!☺

No problem :smile: do you think you'll firm lancaster? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah definitely i read somewhere that 91% of its research for, i think sciences, is of international level and ive heard nothing but great things about lancaster. I cant wait to go!
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
No problem :smile: do you think you'll firm lancaster? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about you?
Reply 88
I've got an unconditional offer for Biomedical Sciences!!! :smile:
Original post by Cally003
I've got an unconditional offer for Biomedical Sciences!!! :smile:

Congratulations thats amazing! Are you going to take it or go somewhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freshers week starts on the 28th of September next year, so you'll be moving in on the 26th/27th depending on your college :smile: Then lectures will start on the 5th of October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freshers week usually starts late September for one week and ends early October :smile:
Reply 92
Anyone know which colleges are best at lancaster? :-)
Reply 93
Bit late but I got the standard offer of AAB with the offer to bump it up to unconditional if I put them as firm for English literature!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Had an offer of AAB to study History at Lancaster, but it will be made unconditional if I firm them! :smile: Is anybody else doing History here?
Original post by benorb
Bit late but I got the standard offer of AAB with the offer to bump it up to unconditional if I put them as firm for English literature!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here ! But for the unconditional, i have to interview first. Do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh well done!:smile: I don't think so, the letter just states that I need to put them as my firm for it to change to unconditional. Did it tell you on the letter that you have to interview?
Reply 97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have to go up to Lancaster for one of the days and book an interview if I want to get the unconditional but I don't think I will
Original post by abby654
Ahh well done!:smile: I don't think so, the letter just states that I need to put them as my firm for it to change to unconditional. Did it tell you on the letter that you have to interview?

Aww thanks and to you too! Yeah i think its different for different departments i think english likes to interview first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benorb
Yeah I have to go up to Lancaster for one of the days and book an interview if I want to get the unconditional but I don't think I will

Ah ok :smile: i've booked for feb.. just because lancaster is one of my top 2 unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply