The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
To extent, I got carried away. And because I know that I will never have a family (personal reasons) so I can do what I want to really without consideration for a future wife. If I know that I am going to settle down in the future with wife and kids I would never have been like that. Anyway, nice talking football misc, I don't feel comfortable posting here any longer. Those who I like here know who they are.

Mr Ford, I think you're a cracking poster, and I enjoy discussions and your contributions. I think you have a lot to offer the TSR Football threads and you shouldn't leave.

Only you can define your sexuality, it's not for anybody else to do that. And the reality is, you've had more women than all of us on here put together. If I needed advice on (how to get) women, you'd be the guy I'd go to.

Sometimes people on here are quite aggressive and are looking to turn to personal insults very quickly, I've had that based on my controversial football opinions (and sometimes political opinions). It's best not to rise to it. The man who turns to personal digs is already losing the debate.
Original post by Zürich
yer this is spot on tbh.

Like strolling through Hackney Marshes, dont need to see two lads at it in the bushes. Premier Inn prices these days are cheap FFS

This sounds like the start to another classic Zurich anecdote.

Carry on son...
Original post by Zürich
Any dissertation completed with the assistance of this thread aint worth the paper its written on tbh

data is data, even from people like you :colone:

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
How else do you expect him to get people to do it? Not like the data is inherently important to the grade anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not gonna lie, i do expect more introverts as a result of advertising primarily on TSR, however personality isn't the primary focus anyway so i don't expect it will matter all that much.

Original post by Isometrix
I'm finding some of these q's challenging. I do like a challenge though.

which ones - do you mean the maths ones or the prediction ones?

or are you struggling with simply demographics? :wink:

Original post by sr90
Someone I know did a Psychology dissertation last year, and they had a mare trying to find participants. Posting flyers/ads all over campus, spamming dozens of uni Facebook groups, nagging all her friends to tell all their friends etc. Don't see how using TSR is any different tbh.

Original post by Zürich
Said it in jest :tongue:

When I did my dissertation all the data I needed could be downloaded with the click of a button so sounds a nightmare having to collect it that way.

Would probably just offer £5 a person, pay by cheque and then let them bounce or something after.

guys it's a total ballache.
however it's nothing in comparison to having to book people in to appointments in the psychology research areas and see people one at a time.

i'll get the numbers in the end - all i have to do is nag people and wait for a response :cool:
Please don't talk about bans in here...
I.e. All kinds of public displays of affection/whore-ishness/flamboyancy. I do find it very nauseous in general tbh.

I find the whole gay pride/pink thing a bit cringe really.

Precisely.

The slut pride and some feminist marches are even worse though.
Original post by Eboracum
Mr Ford, I think you're a cracking poster, and I enjoy discussions and your contributions. I think you have a lot to offer the TSR Football threads and you shouldn't leave.

Only you can define your sexuality, it's not for anybody else to do that. And the reality is, you've had more women than all of us on here put together. If I needed advice on (how to get) women, you'd be the guy I'd go to.

Sometimes people on here are quite aggressive and are looking to turn to personal insults very quickly, I've had that based on my controversial football opinions (and sometimes political opinions). It's best not to rise to it. The man who turns to personal digs is already losing the debate.

Thank you, yes and I agree. I find the core of the regulars fine tbh, we have been here for years by now. In my previous guises I was Mr Vain and the mods have decided to just let me off because tbh I have grown up from trying to disrupt the forum. The current mod team here is a lot better than the old one, tbh the old mods just tried to penalise everything. Whereas now it is a lot more self-governing and tighter knit (well, for an internet forum) than it used to be.
(edited 9 years ago)
This sounds like the start to another classic Zurich anecdote.

Carry on son...

Oh yeah seen it a few times, moreso on Hampstead heath. Used to booze there in the parks when we were underage and mug off the old fellas you'd see casually walking about obviously looking for rough trade. This was in the days before grindr or any of that so they'd literally just have to make eye contact and sort of nod towards the place were it all went down. ****ing madness.

Also was in a gay bar with some mates a few years back and some fella tried to casually follow me into the cubicle like it was all implicitly agreed.

He was all :

Whereas I was like:

shiaaaaaat, at least buy me a drink first mate, not that easy am I?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8707
Lúcio
LFC sucks

Done it for you :smile:
Original post by samba
Done it for you :smile:

nice edit you got there -_-

thanks man, cherish the rep <3
Original post by jam277
Precisely.

The slut pride and some feminist marches are even worse though.

Yes Jam. Just to say I staunchly agree with everything you are saying. I find some sorts of people almost do it deliberately to rub it in your face. There's nothing I hate more than people ramming their cultures down your throats.

I'd be absolutely disgusted if I had a daughter and she participated in slut walk. It's an appalling decline of decent values in society. And don't get me started on the Feminazi's on university campuses. Real feminism I support, but what the word has become associated with, is utter nonsense.

I don't want to give my full views as I'm worried about a ban in an era of political correctness gone mad, but Melanie Phillips, I'm not even a social conservative and I staunchly agree with you.

Thank you, yes and I agree. I find the core of the regulars fine tbh, we have been here for years by now. In my previous guises I was Mr Vain and the mods have decided to just let me off because tbh I have grown up from trying to disrupt the forum. The current mod team here is a lot better than the old one, tbh the old mods just tried to penalise everything. Whereas now it is a lot more self-governing and tighter knit (well, for an internet forum) than it used to be.

Yeah man. I didn't know the old moderators, but in SR90, Lyrical and River, we couldn't ask for a better mod team, lovely folk.
i kinda want zurich to take it just to see his results.

i'm sure he'd find a way to put one of his stories in an answer box somewhere...
Original post by Zürich
Oh yeah seen it a few times, moreso on Hampstead heath. Used to booze there in the parks when we were underage and mug off the old fellas you'd see casually walking about obviously looking for rough trade. This was in the days before grindr or any of that so they'd literally just have to make eye contact and sort of nod towards the place were it all went down. ****ing madness.

Also was in a gay bar with some mates a few years back and some fella tried to casually follow me into the cubicle like it was all implicitly agreed.

shiaaaaaat, at least buy me a drink first mate, not that easy am I?

Nah he saw you go in and he slid a note underneath.

You laughed at it but then realised you needed money to pay for the week's rent:

Reply 8712
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52094261&postcount=8652

I just found that a bit forward. And Isometrix's "come out" comment before. It suggests I am absolute bi when in reality my interest in men is fleeting.

Sorry, it was a genuine question with a strange lack of question mark rather than an attempt to make you uncomfortable.
Nah he saw you go in and he slid a note underneath.

You laughed at it but then realised you needed money to pay for the week's rent:

I'd probably ask for the cash up front then just do a runner. What's he going to do? Ring up the old bill and say some fella who he paid for gay sex in a public area did stiffed him but not in the way he wanted? Would be laughing mate. Like those American tourists in Amsterdam who pay up front for drugs on the street and then get told to **** off immediately after. Perfect crime that.

I was watching some Russell Brand documentary the other day from 2001 where he tossed off some fella in a pub toilet just for a laugh. He was on heroin at the time though tbf, his life decisions werent all there really
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone watching the snooker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
I'd probably ask for the cash up front then just do a runner. What's he going to do? Ring up the old bill and say some fella who he paid for gay sex in a public area did stiffed him but not in the way he wanted? Would be laughing mate. Like those American tourists in Amsterdam who pay up front for drugs on the street and then get told to **** off immediately after. Perfect crime that.

I was watching some Russell Brand documentary the other day from 2001 where he tossed off some fella in a pub toilet just for a laugh. He was on heroin at the time though tbf, his life decisions werent all there really

Like that Norwegian guy getting mugged off with baking soda thinking it was coke :lol:

Brand is a jackass. Used to like him as an actor, but never really rated him otherwise, including the crap he posts on his youtube channel.
In my previous guises I was Mr Vain
I had some suspicions of this. With that knowledge and tonights revelations, I have to ask...your previous with Zurich, was that actually a joke or serious/semi serious?
Like that Norwegian guy getting mugged off with baking soda thinking it was coke :lol:

Brand is a jackass. Used to like him as an actor, but never really rated him otherwise, including the crap he posts on his youtube channel.

Oh yeah that was crazy man. Woke up half the hostel with promises of a cocaine binge as well.

Not the sharpest tool in the drawer though, had a bloc that would make scarface sit up and take notice that was bought for 10 euros or something :laugh:
Original post by Fizzel
I had some suspicions of this. With that knowledge and tonights revelations, I have to ask...your previous with Zurich, was that actually a joke or serious/semi serious?

It was a joke, 100%. I was trolling him because I found his views offensive.
Ronnies won it. Credit to Trump though stunning comeback, but what a man Sullivan is. Charisma levels x1000.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest