The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone with a UKCAT of 700 been rejected? Maybe that is the cutoff?
Really sorry to anyone who has gotten a rejection thus far, I hope you get an offer for medicine from your other unis :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Has anyone with a UKCAT of 700 been rejected? Maybe that is the cutoff?
Really sorry to anyone who has gotten a rejection thus far, I hope you get an offer for medicine from your other unis :smile:

I'm still waiting with 692.5! Expecting a rejection though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by axc247

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your VR though? If it's high you might be saved by that.
Reply 204
Original post by MJK91
What's your VR though? If it's high you might be saved by that.

Nope, VR was my worst at 610 :frown: I've seen someone get rejected with 697 overall so I'm pretty sure my rejection must be on its way :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Original post by axc247
Nope, VR was my worst at 610 :frown: I've seen someone get rejected with 697 overall so I'm pretty sure my rejection must be on its way :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got a Masters? Post-grad quals are meant to be playing a part too.
Reply 206
Original post by JNHE

No, I'm in my final undergraduate year. The only thing that could save me is my predicted grades as I am predicted a high first, but I highly doubt they care about that! The wait is driving me mad... Wish they just sent them all at once!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems to have gone quiet for a few hours too. Maybe we'll see another batch this afternoon... who knows.
Original post by JNHE

I had a Masters and it didn't help me :-( although my UKCAT was baaaad (675 overall average, 680 VR), I'm sure I had read that it was possible to get in with less than 700 if you have a Masters, it doesn't seem to be that much below 700 though
Original post by axc247

Posted from TSR Mobile

No don't say that!! You never know, it is just so far no one who has a UKCAT of 700 has been rejected yet, but they could be doing those later...
Original post by MickyVee
I had a Masters and it didn't help me :-( although my UKCAT was baaaad (675 overall average, 680 VR), I'm sure I had read that it was possible to get in with less than 700 if you have a Masters, it doesn't seem to be that much below 700 though

680 in VR is amazing btw.
Reply 211
Original post by MJK91
Seems to have gone quiet for a few hours too. Maybe we'll see another batch this afternoon... who knows.

Sounds like it may have been just one batch that went out at 11.30ish.

Eek.
Reply 212
so do we reckon that today is the 2nd day of rejections since it was all quiet on Thursday and Friday? or do we think they rejected all the non TSRers on those days? :K:
Last year it was 4 days of rejections before invites were sent out...
Original post by nug
so do we reckon that today is the 2nd day of rejections since it was all quiet on Thursday and Friday? or do we think they rejected all the non TSRers on those days? :K:
Last year it was 4 days of rejections before invites were sent out...

Seems unlikely that they'd start rejecting then take a two day break. There are over 1000 applicants and not even 50 are on TSR in all likelihood. Then again, anything is possible with an admissions team that announces changes to selection criteria after the deadline... :biggrin:
Reply 214
Original post by MJK91
Seems unlikely that they'd start rejecting then take a two day break. There are over 1000 applicants and not even 50 are on TSR in all likelihood. Then again, anything is possible with an admissions team that announces changes to selection criteria after the deadline... :biggrin:

well fingers crossed for some good news from Warwick tomorrow
Reply 215
I've been watching this thread for a while, but received my rejection today. I called up to check my MSc had been taken into consideration, since the website doesn't make it clear how (if at all) it is used if you have 2:1 at BSc. The woman on the phone was rather helpful, but said they weren't disclosing how applications were scored this year and suggested that perhaps a 1st was scored higher than a 2:1 - so who knows how they're scoring applications!! It seems a little bit like they're making it up as they go along! Warwick really have been confusing this year (I applied last year too) and most definitely need to be more transparent with their application process! Good luck to everyone still waiting :smile:
Original post by nug
well fingers crossed for some good news from Warwick tomorrow

Looks like someone with 722.5 has been rejected (on the grad thread). Wuttttt. Either they flunked VR but did incredibly elsewhere or I'm ****ed with 600 VR and 702.5 average...
Someone with 722 got rejected, so my theory has been proven wrong :frown:
I think what it is, is 700+ overall average, with a VR that is greater than average?
Original post by Rhead92
I've been watching this thread for a while, but received my rejection today. I called up to check my MSc had been taken into consideration, since the website doesn't make it clear how (if at all) it is used if you have 2:1 at BSc. The woman on the phone was rather helpful, but said they weren't disclosing how applications were scored this year and suggested that perhaps a 1st was scored higher than a 2:1 - so who knows how they're scoring applications!! It seems a little bit like they're making it up as they go along! Warwick really have been confusing this year (I applied last year too) and most definitely need to be more transparent with their application process! Good luck to everyone still waiting :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's also a ray of sunshine for me in an otherwise dreary world of medical applications! I do have a first so I'm hoping that has some impact, although no MSc.

Good luck with the rest of your applications :smile:

I think what it is, is 700+ overall average, with a VR that is greater than average?

That, and giving consideration to degree classification? Neither of which were advertised prior to applications.

Therefore my new theory is they don't give a ****, and monitor here for ****s and giggles and adjust their criteria accordingly?
(edited 9 years ago)

I agree! But how much higher does Warwick want a candidate to have in VR compared to the average 580? I'm so scared! Not sure a VR of 630 is going to make it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending