The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
Anyone resitting Maths here?

Do you mean a module or the whole A level?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Do you mean a module or the whole A level?

The whole A level.I am doing CIE Maths;pretty forced to resit the entire thing.
P.S Got a B at AS levels!
The whole A level.I am doing CIE Maths;pretty forced to resit the entire thing.
P.S Got a B at AS levels!

Why do you have to resit if you got a B at AS? Is it not so good A2's? and If so why not just resit that instead?
P.S. I'm doing AQA :wink:
Why do you have to resit if you got a B at AS? Is it not so good A2's? and If so why not just resit that instead?
P.S. I'm doing AQA :wink:

In the Cie board,you can't resit a component!Well,I am pushing myself to get that A*!
In the Cie board,you can't resit a component!Well,I am pushing myself to get that A*!

That's the mindset! Try and push for full marks, so you'll always have a feel for improvement unless you get everything right!
That's the mindset! Try and push for full marks, so you'll always have a feel for improvement unless you get everything right!

Well from what I've read you can get an A* if you get a B at AS levels(you need to meet two conditions),
However,I don't have much faith that I'll be able to do that!What if I get full at A2 and get an A overall.Will be disappointed!
Well from what I've read you can get an A* if you get a B at AS levels(you need to meet two conditions),
However,I don't have much faith that I'll be able to do that!What if I get full at A2 and get an A overall.Will be disappointed!

Not sure if it's different for your exam board but, if you get 90% average between C3 and C4 at A2 and 80% overall between your whole A level syllabus, you're awarded the A* grade.
So a B at AS and 90% at A2 would meet both conditions as the average between the two is 80% and you have 90% in your A2's.
:yep:
All I'm saying is that GiF can be looked at another way :lol:
Other than that seems like a good buy

:sexface::perv:

A Change of Seasons is such an amazing song :music:
Original post by Bude8
:sexface::perv:

A Change of Seasons is such an amazing song :music:

Have you listened to Lindsey Stirling before?
Have you listened to Lindsey Stirling before?

You've mentioned her before - I've listened to one of her songs quite regularly in the past, but nowadays I'm listening to Dream Theatre, John Petrucci and Crossfaith mainly :lol:
Not sure if it's different for your exam board but, if you get 90% average between C3 and C4 at A2 and 80% overall between your whole A level syllabus, you're awarded the A* grade.
So a B at AS and 90% at A2 would meet both conditions as the average between the two is 80% and you have 90% in your A2's.
:yep:

I am not sure whether this applies to CIE!This is the thing that scares me!
Original post by Bude8
You've mentioned her before - I've listened to one of her songs quite regularly in the past, but nowadays I'm listening to Dream Theatre, John Petrucci and Crossfaith mainly :lol:

That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later.

You'll have to ask someone in the maths thread who has done CIE, I can't seem to find relevant information on the net.
Original post by Bude8

That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later. I've been playing around with Cash Cash, and I've replayed Robert Mendoza's Cover of John Legend like a hundred times already:lol:

You'll have to ask someone in the maths thread who has done CIE, I can't seem to find relevant information on the net.

Can you send me the link to the maths thread?
That's the problem with CIE!You can't seem to find much information relevant to the board!
That's an interesting mix you have there, I might listen to these a bit later. I've been playing around with Cash Cash, and I've replayed Robert Mendoza's Cover of John Legend like a hundred times already:lol:

I feel like I should inform you about what genres they are :lol:
Crossfaith is metal with synthesizers
John Petrucci's solo album Suspended Animation (Glasgow Kiss is my favourite and one I'm learning to play) is just really nice guitar tracks, nice variety though; there are some more emotional songs as well as lively ones
Dream Theater has a huge variety - pop, metal, rock, jazz... I've only listened to like 4 of their songs but I really like them :smile:

I've actually realised how many sounds I used to miss... After starting to learn the guitar and focusing on actually 'listening' to music and all the sounds, you hear a lot more things :holmes:
Original post by Obiejess
Are any of you lot doing/have done the EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me :frown: biggest regret ever but hey it filled out most of my personal statement so
Original post by Bude8
I feel like I should inform you about what genres they are :lol:
Crossfaith is metal with synthesizers
John Petrucci's solo album Suspended Animation (Glasgow Kiss is my favourite and one I'm learning to play) is just really nice guitar tracks, nice variety though; there are some more emotional songs as well as lively ones
Dream Theater has a huge variety - pop, metal, rock, jazz... I've only listened to like 4 of their songs but I really like them :smile:

I've actually realised how many sounds I used to miss... After starting to learn the guitar and focusing on actually 'listening' to music and all the sounds, you hear a lot more things :holmes:

I've been testing out EDM recently, theres this one song off SoundCloud app (I can't remember it) it's pretty good! I'm hunting for this song haha.
That's definitely a variety, I havn't really listen to jazz or metal before, and for guitars, "Hey There Delilah" is what springs to mind:lol:

I feel like that last sentence of yours is some sort of quote from a famous person:tongue:
I've been testing out EDM recently, theres this one song off SoundCloud app (I can't remember it) it's pretty good! I'm hunting for this song haha.
That's definitely a variety, I havn't really listen to jazz or metal before, and for guitars, "Hey There Delilah" is what springs to mind:lol:

I feel like that last sentence of yours is some sort of quote from a famous person:tongue:

I don't know if it is, but have a listen to Glasgow Kiss. Then listen to the backing track. Then listen to Glasgow Kiss again :smile: you can find them all on YouTube :lol:

Maybe the 1st minute only of each, and you'll see what I mean :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
I don't know if it is, but have a listen to Glasgow Kiss. Then listen to the backing track. Then listen to Glasgow Kiss again :smile: you can find them all on YouTube :lol:

Maybe the 1st minute only of each, and you'll see what I mean :smile:

I'll be sure to check it out!

Yay!
:bl:

Have you listen to Electric Daisy Violin or Elements?
(edited 9 years ago)
can't wait for the christmas break..... even though I'll be revising for february mocks!
whats everybody asked santa for? :h:

Latest