Original post by smashzeJ
Got hsbc num inv, wish i had luck w the bbs tho

nice one :smile: dw bro, hows apps going so far
Original post by welcometoib
nice one :smile: dw bro, hows apps going so far

****ty. Rejections comin in big time
Reply 2382
Original post by Anonynous
Requirement: You need to fluently know a nordic language.

You're not looking at the sw. You're looking at an off-cycle.
Original post by Jyckee
You're not looking at the sw. You're looking at an off-cycle.

Spring Internship:Job Number:

140937)

Description
Like our clients, the people who work for Lazard enjoy a genuinely different experience. Our entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical environment is such that individuality and original thinking are highly prized. You will find that our environment cultivates and rewards intellectual rigor, decisiveness and conviction.

Lazard has had an office in Stockholm since 1998. The office is responsible for Lazard's activities in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. It is well integrated with the Lazard organisation and works closely with the other Lazard offices.
Lazard’s Stockholm office invites students graduating 2016, at the latest, to apply for the spring, summer and autumn internships of 2015.

Qualifications
We are looking for highly motivated people with intelligence and imagination who display the following qualities:

Excellent spoken and written communication skills

Fluency in a Nordic language

High academic achievement

Energy and enthusiasm

A disciplined approach and analytical thought process

Commercial acumen, intellectual agility and innovative thinking

Ability to get on within a team

Please submit your application, including CV, cover letter, university grades and internship availability (spring, summer and/or autumn) no later than 30 November 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the positions, please contact Roozbeh Charli ([email protected]).

It looks like it's for 2nd years regardless.

140937)

Description
Like our clients, the people who work for Lazard enjoy a genuinely different experience. Our entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical environment is such that individuality and original thinking are highly prized. You will find that our environment cultivates and rewards intellectual rigor, decisiveness and conviction.

Lazard has had an office in Stockholm since 1998. The office is responsible for Lazard's activities in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. It is well integrated with the Lazard organisation and works closely with the other Lazard offices.
Lazard’s Stockholm office invites students graduating 2016, at the latest, to apply for the spring, summer and autumn internships of 2015.

Qualifications
We are looking for highly motivated people with intelligence and imagination who display the following qualities:

Energy and enthusiasm

Please submit your application, including CV, cover letter, university grades and internship availability (spring, summer and/or autumn) no later than 30 November 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the positions, please contact Roozbeh Charli ([email protected]).

that's defo not what ive been looking at, search again under careers, London internship programmes, then scroll down to spring insight.

140937)

Description

Qualifications

Energy and enthusiasm

Spring internship=! Spring week

They call there spring week a spring insight because it's only a three day programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's defo not what ive been looking at, search again under careers, London internship programmes, then scroll down to spring insight.

Fml, I've found it now.
Has anyone received an email from HSBC asking to confirm your availability? I was rather surprised.
Original post by Manuelle
Has anyone received an email from HSBC asking to confirm your availability? I was rather surprised.

I did :K:

I'm somewhat confused. I haven't recieved a test invite.
Original post by Manuelle

done the test already? did it yday, haven't received any email, didn't think I fudged the test that bad
anyone with competency-based phone interviews soon, do you wanna do a cheeky mock interview with me? like 10 mins, and i'd mock interview you afterwards. none of my housemates are in finance to any practice is mucho useful. PM me if interested (also only if you're in UK cos otherwise phone call is too expensive). peace out
**** life. Anyone else who had an MS interview, was it literally just take me through your cv, then one comp q? That's all I had! ****s sake
**** life. Anyone else who had an MS interview, was it literally just take me through your cv, then one comp q? That's all I had! ****s sake

You were that good :smile:
I'm going to address this question as blatant as possible.

To what extent would you base a decision on taking on an offer* based on probability of conversion (into summer internship/grad role) rather than the prestige of the institution. Understandably, culture, division, scope for progression would be taken into consideration but for simplification purposes the deciding factors are probable likelihood of conversion and brand name, assuming both carry equal weighting.

The institutions and stats for conversions are as follows:

1) Goldman Sachs (20% chance of conversion) - Great Brand Name (generally deemed most reputable on the street*)
2) Bank of America Merrill Lynch (45% chance of conversion) - Bulge Bracket*
3) HSBC (70% chance of conversion) - Not apart of the big IB names
4) Barclays (60% chance of conversion) - Some say the least favoured in terms of the Bulge Brackets
5) Citi (60% chance of conversion) - Similar to Barclays, carries a little more clout

Rank in order of how you would decide.

*Offer = relating to Spring Week (pipeline schemes for banking institutions)
*Street - Another term for wall street (or in this case just the big banks)
*Bulge Bracket - Top performing Investment Banks (revenue generation)
HSBC rejection lol

To what extent would you base a decision on taking on an offer* based on probability of conversion (into summer internship/grad role) rather than the prestige of the institution. Understandably, culture, division, scope for progression would be taken into consideration but for simplification purposes the deciding factors are probable likelihood of conversion and brand name, assuming both carry equal weighting.

1) Goldman Sachs (20% chance of conversion) - Great Brand Name (generally deemed most reputable on the street*)
4) Barclays (60% chance of conversion) - Some say the least favoured in terms of the Bulge Brackets
5) Citi (60% chance of conversion) - Similar to Barclays, carries a little more clout

Depends how far you back yourself, surely?
Also are these stats true?
Off those I'd go

GS (was told that I'd deffo convert when I was given my offer, so no brainer)
Citi
BAML
Barc
HSBC

But I'd put DB above Citi if it were included

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Depends how far you back yourself, surely?
Also are these stats true?
Off those I'd go

GS (was told that I'd deffo convert when I was given my offer, so no brainer)
Citi
BAML
Barc
HSBC

But I'd put DB above Citi if it were included

Posted from TSR Mobile

DB have near 100% conversion.. they're practiclly a no brainer.

The conversions change yearly, they're just average from what I've managed to dig out. Really depends on economic cycle and the banks budget for the year relative to the quality of the filtered candidates, I'd imagine.
Reply 2397
Do BAML call with No Caller ID?

BAML
GS
Citi
Barclays
HSBC

That 20% is pretty a pretty low conversion rate, however having that on your CV I'm sure you will be in a better position than the majority for Summer 2016 applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
Do BAML call with No Caller ID?

Yes sir. Congrats, that's an offer :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending