The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by President M.E.
You were that good :smile:

not at all, rambled for way too long, shame as the guy was really nice as well, answered my qs really well. Nvm, wait for next firm to give an interview I suppose, hear back in a weeks time. Hows apps going bro
Original post by Anonynous
DB have near 100% conversion.. they're practiclly a no brainer.

The conversions change yearly, they're just average from what I've managed to dig out. Really depends on economic cycle and the banks budget for the year relative to the quality of the filtered candidates, I'd imagine.

That really isn't true about DB. From experience it's very division specific.

Also remember that just having any summer offer can be used as leverage. Especially if you have more than one.
So, I guess it's not just about conversion so that you get an offer with *that* bank but so you have an offer for that bank and can expediate the process with others, next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
DB have near 100% conversion.. they're practiclly a no brainer.

The conversions change yearly, they're just average from what I've managed to dig out. Really depends on economic cycle and the banks budget for the year relative to the quality of the filtered candidates, I'd imagine.

your gs conversation rate is really wrong, the rest sound accurate
how come barclays and hsbc have such high conversion rates? does everyone on their spring week get fast-tracked to an AC?
Original post by Aenigma
That really isn't true about DB. From experience it's very division specific.

Also remember that just having any summer offer can be used as leverage. Especially if you have more than one.
So, I guess it's not just about conversion so that you get an offer with *that* bank but so you have an offer for that bank and can expediate the process with others, next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

does it matter what bank you have an offer from to use as leverage? eg say you have an exploding summer offer from jpm, ofc you can use that, but if you contact gs ms and jpm and say you have an exploding summer offer from idk, rbs, would it still be fine?
Original post by tcoburn
how come barclays and hsbc have such high conversion rates? does everyone on their spring week get fast-tracked to an AC?

correct sir, check pm please
Original post by welcometoib
not at all, rambled for way too long, shame as the guy was really nice as well, answered my qs really well. Nvm, wait for next firm to give an interview I suppose, hear back in a weeks time. Hows apps going bro

I'm sure you'll get more chances, I've got a CS interview tomorrow, rejection from HSBC, under review everywhere else what about you?
your gs conversation rate is really wrong, the rest sound accurate

Factor in the likely possibility of getting a SW offer there in the first place and bob's your uncle.
Original post by tcoburn

They're big banks. Employ a lot of people. A lot of the 'better' candidates go off to the American power hungry banks so they aim to retain their SW recruits, especially if they show promise.
Original post by President M.E.
I'm sure you'll get more chances, I've got a CS interview tomorrow, rejection from HSBC, under review everywhere else what about you?

CS int but HSBC rej, that's a first.. I must say.
Factor in the likely possibility of getting a SW offer there in the first place and bob's your uncle.

spoke to two third years at gs event last month, one did ibd sw and one did securities in same year, ibd was 17/40, securities was just past 50%. GIR idk about, only was asking about those two

bruv what you tryna say about hsbc ? you want sum? ill give it ya :tongue: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 2412
BAML offer :smile:

PS - BAMLs conversion rate varies from 40-80% according to HR.

Yeah pretty weird :s-smilie::confused:
spoke to two third years at gs event last month, one did ibd sw and one did securities in same year, ibd was 17/40, securities was just past 50%. GIR idk about, only was asking about those two

Fairly solid numbers. If that's the case, it should improve this cycle. Not booking on a GS offer nonetheless, I must say.
Original post by tcoburn

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315

Congratulations my man.
Original post by CD315

Nice one pal :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2418
Original post by will2348

Congratulations my man.

Thanks a lot.
does it matter what bank you have an offer from to use as leverage? eg say you have an exploding summer offer from jpm, ofc you can use that, but if you contact gs ms and jpm and say you have an exploding summer offer from idk, rbs, would it still be fine?

Hmmm. Depends

I guess rbs wouldn't cut it
But a friend called with a DB offer and GS told him they couldn't schedule anything whereas MS did for me.

I'd say the BBs/known banks are in group and of you've got an offer from one of the group the others listen

GS, JP, MS, BAML (quickly improving, really up there, at the moment)
Then
DB, Citi, CS,

Barcs, UBS (could perhaps hold sway with the above group depending on the rest of the candidates portfolio)

When talking about IBD many of the Elite boutiques will hold a lot of sway, too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending