The Student Room Group

Predicted grades below entry requirements

Scroll to see replies

Ok I'll go for it but now I'm beginning to think about the fact that a foundation year is also added to the cost of going to a top uni and I don't know if its worth it plus this means the course is probably going to be harder as well :confused:
I'm predicted ACD at A level is it worth even applying? I got ACDE at AS but my college still predicted me the same :frown: is it worth it?
Original post by sophiehowxrd
I'm predicted ACD at A level is it worth even applying? I got ACDE at AS but my college still predicted me the same :frown: is it worth it?

Depends where your are applying, but if you think you can get better grades see if you could resit some of your as exams?
Yeah I'm resitting 4 exams?!
Yeah I'm resitting 4 exams?!

If youre resitting then they should give you higher predicted grades
my college is **** lol

I got BDDE which is worse than ACDE. Theres still loads of courses you can apply for, I'd recommend that you apply to a few courses that require BBB/BBC and btw make sure you hurry up! The deadline is not that far away
Original post by Michael_Scofield
I got BDDE which is worse than ACDE. Theres still loads of courses you can apply for, I'd recommend that you apply to a few courses that require BBB/BBC and btw make sure you hurry up! The deadline is not that far away

Hey, thanks for the reassurance!

Ive already sent my ucas form to my college but it hasn't been sent off yet.
I applied for:

Southampton: Psychology/Criminology - BBB
Brighton: Applied Psychology - BBB/300 points
Nottingham Trent: Psychology/Criminology - 260 points
Bournemouth: Psychology - 300 points
Plymouth: Psychology - 300 points

obviously it hasn't been sent from college yet so i haven't received any offers or rejections but i was worried my application would have been pointless!

Where did you apply and for what?
Hey, thanks for the reassurance!

Ive already sent my ucas form to my college but it hasn't been sent off yet.
I applied for:

Southampton: Psychology/Criminology - BBB
Brighton: Applied Psychology - BBB/300 points
Nottingham Trent: Psychology/Criminology - 260 points
Bournemouth: Psychology - 300 points
Plymouth: Psychology - 300 points

obviously it hasn't been sent from college yet so i haven't received any offers or rejections but i was worried my application would have been pointless!

Where did you apply and for what?

My reference hasn't been done yet :frown:

I applied for:
Loughborough: E&E Eng with foundation yr - BBB
Nottingham: Electronic Eng with foundation yr - BBC
Coventry:colone:lectronic Eng - BBC
Derby: E&E Eng - 260 UCAS points
De Montfort: 260 UCAS points

Remember even if you think your application is pointless you can get better grades than predicted then get into a really good uni through adjustment, just work very hard! Good luck with your application
My reference hasn't been done yet :frown:

I applied for:
Loughborough: E&E Eng with foundation yr - BBB
Nottingham: Electronic Eng with foundation yr - BBC
Coventry:colone:lectronic Eng - BBC
Derby: E&E Eng - 260 UCAS points
De Montfort: 260 UCAS points

Remember even if you think your application is pointless you can get better grades than predicted then get into a really good uni through adjustment, just work very hard! Good luck with your application

Thats true! Thanks a lot its so nice to talk to someone in the same boat as me haha. Good luck! x
Reply 30
Original post by BoboG
I applied to a few that were asking one grade higher than my predicted but i emailed to universities to get their advise and the all advised to apply.
One said we normally don't consider but as i have good voluntary work experience in that field and have a good PS i could apply.

One other said we always consider applicant with one grade less so dont worry and of course apply.

So be hopeful and apply to a few over your grade requirement as anything can happen.

what did you say in the email??
Reply 31
Original post by BobertXVI
Whatever you do, email them first. You can find out if you have a chance, and it makes you look good in the process You may be surprised; in fact, I sent an email out expecting some variation of 'lolno', and got an informal offer, so it's worth doing!

what did you say in the email?
Reply 32
Original post by daniellj
what did you say in the email??

I just said i am considering your uni for the following course and really want to come their but need confirmation if it is worth me applying with the following predicted grades. Also told them i have got work experience in the following areas i think that swayed their descion as they replied back saying if i have work experience in that field and strong PS then i could apply otherwise we would not consider you So i did
what did you say in the email?

Said I wanted to go to their uni, told them my grades, why they were so bad and what I was doing to improve them. I also asked if there was anything else I could do to support my application.
Reply 34
Original post by BobertXVI
Said I wanted to go to their uni, told them my grades, why they were so bad and what I was doing to improve them. I also asked if there was anything else I could do to support my application.

Thanks I've asked them and they said they would allow some slip so should be fine
Reply 35
Original post by BoboG
I just said i am considering your uni for the following course and really want to come their but need confirmation if it is worth me applying with the following predicted grades. Also told them i have got work experience in the following areas i think that swayed their descion as they replied back saying if i have work experience in that field and strong PS then i could apply otherwise we would not consider you So i did

Thanks i ll try my luck
Thanks i ll try my luck

I'm predicted ACD and i've got 4/5 of my offers which are all BBB/300/320 points, i think you'll be okay haha
Hi, I am at the stage of choosing which universities to apply to and I am worried I might waste choices by applying for courses that require higher predicted grades.

My predicted grades are BCC and I want to apply for Electrical & Electronic Engineering with a foundation year at Loughborough (BBB), Birmingham(BBB), Aston(BBB) and Nottingham(BBC). Is it worth applying to these universities instead of applying to universities that have lower requirements without the need to study foundation years?

If anyone has applied to these universities could you please let me know if you got accepted and what your predicted grades are?

Not going to lie, I did horrible last year getting DEUU. My predicted is BBC and I applied to Brunel which asks for BBB. I got an other within a week. So there is still hope. I am still waiting for Loughborough to reply but that course requires ABB. Hopefully I get an offer. But yeah you have a chance of receiving an offer. I feel my personal statement helped because it was really strong, so make sure your statement is good because universities do no t just look at the grade, but what the applicant can bring to the uni. Good luck
Original post by Sharday
Hi, i have recently sent my UCAS off and also had grades predicted grades lower than what is needed for the course I want to do. I am predicted BBC, so I applied for 2 universities that require those grades (manchester metropolitan & birmingham city) as well as 3 with entry requirements above my predicted grade ( Keele - ABC/BBB, Aston - ABB, Brunel - AAB) I have got 4 conditional offers for manchester metropolitan, birmingham city, keele & brunel and despite not being accepeted for marketing at Aston, they have offered me other courses similar to what I am studying now at A level that they will consider me for. If I were you I would apply for atleast one that you know you will get into and then apply for some that you want to go, even if they are above your entry requirements because you never know what they'd say. I hope this has helped, good luck!

I am predicted BBC and applied to a course at loughborugh that asks for AAB. After reading this, it has given me hope. Thank you
i'm at sussex now guys, got in through clearing so there's hope for all of you!

Quick Reply