The Student Room Group

Dentistry - Newcastle University 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jbullen
Congratulations! I'm still waiting! When is your interview?

Hi

Does anyone have any tips/ advice on interviews please? Or types of questions/ scenarios that may be asked?

Thanks

Bec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Interview from Newcastle finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by jay110
Interview from Newcastle finally! Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you get in your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by gaga123

I got 635!
Reply 85
Original post by gaga123

650 average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Ahh okay,I only got 608 so I'm not expecting an interview
Reply 87
Original post by gaga123
Ahh okay,I only got 608 so I'm not expecting an interview

Stay hopeful! My interview is Jan 23rd and their Admissions policy talks of interviews between Jan-March so you could appear in a later batch of interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by jay110
Stay hopeful! My interview is Jan 23rd and their Admissions policy talks of interviews between Jan-March so you could appear in a later batch of interviews.Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks! Fingers crossed i guess
Interviews given out today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Hey how much preparation have people done for the Newcastle interviews???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Has anyone heard recently? Im still waiting
Original post by gaga123
Has anyone heard recently? Im still waiting

I've not heard yet either!! :s-smilie:
good luck to everyone with interviews coming up, I don't know when they started but if anyone's already had one I hope it went well!!
Reply 94
Who else has an interview on the 19th of January? :smile:

Also, are people who are prepping for an interview writing answers to every possible question? Are you learning things my heart?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't learn them overly, might sound too rehearsed! I'm sure they just want to see how you cope, rather than come up with all the perfect answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by misskathrynm
I wouldn't learn them overly, might sound too rehearsed! I'm sure they just want to see how you cope, rather than come up with all the perfect answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought! So will you like make notes for potential questions or What? I'm just stuck on how to prep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
That's what I thought! So will you like make notes for potential questions or What? I'm just stuck on how to prep

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should still prepare answers for questions, but not to learn by heart just to get ideas down so that you're not completely stumped by any questions cause that's the last thing you want to happen :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by deborah32
I think you should still prepare answers for questions, but not to learn by heart just to get ideas down so that you're not completely stumped by any questions cause that's the last thing you want to happen :smile:

Yess that would be absolutely disastrous! May I ask what resources you're using for getting potential questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Yess that would be absolutely disastrous! May I ask what resources you're using for getting potential questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i attended and interview course day, and they said the generic questions will be the why dentistry? why our university? what have you done to investigate dentistry? and i dont know if i saw this on a thread on here but someone said they like to know what preparation you're doing your motivation your learning skills, team work, personal qualities, interpersonal skills and empathy, integrity and professionalism so they may ask things on that i suppose and observe behaviour and stuff,oh and they could ask what's your worst quality in your opinion

Quick Reply