The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Is it still worth applying to Barclays? Anyone had much activity with them? I actually really like the sound of the SW, but haven't got round to applying yet.

Original post by Manuelle

Has anyone heard back from RBS after successfully completing their tests?

I know a few people with offers. I haven't heard anything since completing their tests - would happily take it though.
Original post by Manuelle
I've received an invite to numerical. It's SHL apparently.

Has anyone heard back from RBS after successfully completing their tests?

They told me there'd be a delay in processing my app to telephone assessment, but haven't heard anything since :/
Original post by CD315
Is it still worth applying to Barclays? Anyone had much activity with them? I actually really like the sound of the SW, but haven't got round to applying yet.

I know a few people with offers. I haven't heard anything since completing their tests - would happily take it though.

What appeals about barclays? It's quite awful
That said, they process applications for ages (a friend applied in January and got it), take loads of people and convert a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by craycray
They told me there'd be a delay in processing my app to telephone assessment, but haven't heard anything since :/

was that after passing numerical? How long after the numerical.did you get that email
Anyone hear back from icap ac the one on 28th nov?
Reply 2445
Original post by Aenigma
What appeals about barclays? It's quite awful
That said, they process applications for ages (a friend applied in January and got it), take loads of people and convert a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few people told me they thought it was good, particularly for getting an insight into trading desks. Also the potential to convert to a first year internship if you're extremely lucky.
Original post by CD315
A few people told me they thought it was good, particularly for getting an insight into trading desks. Also the potential to convert to a first year internship if you're extremely lucky.

It's classroom like for 4.5 days
The other half is spent shadowing 2 desks for about 2hrs and a presentation
You won't convert to the first year internship; they're are criteria which you don't meet.
If you know absolutely noting, barclays is quite good because it's general but a lot less intense than MS. If you know a bit and have a divisional preference it's relatively boring
That said, it is paid (£250), which is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2447
I got an interview for CS next week.. anyone has had it? its with IBD & Securities 1 hour long...
Reply 2448
Original post by Aenigma
It's classroom like for 4.5 days
The other half is spent shadowing 2 desks for about 2hrs and a presentation
You won't convert to the first year internship; they're are criteria which you don't meet.
If you know absolutely noting, barclays is quite good because it's general but a lot less intense than MS. If you know a bit and have a divisional preference it's relatively boring
That said, it is paid (£250), which is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which SWs did you do?

Can't be that bad for £250, on top of accommodation etc I'm assuming. You're giving me the feeling it's relatively easy to get a place..

I just need to send Goldman and Barclays off, not going to bother with the rest.
Original post by CD315
Which SWs did you do?

Can't be that bad for £250, on top of accommodation etc I'm assuming. You're giving me the feeling it's relatively easy to get a place..

I just need to send Goldman and Barclays off, not going to bother with the rest.

Where are the places you've applied?
Is it too late to bother sending off rbs and blackrock now?
Original post by Drossell
Is it too late to bother sending off rbs and blackrock now?

Try anyway
HSBC finally decided I was worthy enough for tests :K:
Reply 2453
Original post by Anonynous
Where are the places you've applied?

Citi, RBS, Nomura, CS, then the offer from BAML. Done all tests for the first two, haven't heard a thing from the second two.
Original post by CD315
Citi, RBS, Nomura, CS, then the offer from BAML. Done all tests for the first two, haven't heard a thing from the second two.

CitiQuest clashes with BAML, heads up.
Reply 2455
Original post by Anonynous
CitiQuest clashes with BAML, heads up.

I've heard - would get BAML moved to Summer if I got Citi. Not sure what's going on with Nomura and CS though, literally nothing since I applied.
Received an E-mail from HSBC asking me to complete the application. Does anyone know the dates? Since I already hold two offers and I would like to squeeze in another one.
Original post by CD315
Which SWs did you do?

£250 and accom is you need and lunch
Can't say for sure, but pretty much zero techs. I know good people that got rej'd though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers from where?
Original post by EconAndBusiness
Received an E-mail from HSBC asking me to complete the application. Does anyone know the dates? Since I already hold two offers and I would like to squeeze in another one.

Good job mate! What are your offers?

Latest

Trending

Trending