The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geek_22
Ny1 for adult nursing at sheffield hallam

Had my interview two weeks ago and got an offer :-)
Awww congrats
What branch u apply for
And how did it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geek_22
Awww congrats
What branch u apply for
And how did it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adult nursing and it went well thank you :-)
Original post by blondy2012
Had my interview two weeks ago and got an offer :-)

What kind of questions did they ask you??how long did you have to wait until you knew you had an offer?
Original post by AliceB98
What kind of questions did they ask you??how long did you have to wait until you knew you had an offer?

You had to watch a video and answer questions from it really :smile:. Just under a week; 6 days x
Were all the questions based on the video or do u hv the general nursing questions like why nursing, skills and qualities in the one to one interview
Original post by geek_22
Were all the questions based on the video or do u hv the general nursing questions like why nursing, skills and qualities in the one to one interview

Both really for the video and general nursing ones :smile:
Original post by tbrehaut
I have an interview on the 16th too! nervous already. Which branch are you aplying for?

Adult :smile: Got my interview at 10.30am. Yourself?
Original post by comcmahon
Hi all,

I am going to be applying for Adult Nursing at York, Bradford, Leeds Met, Chester and either Oxford Brookes or Anglia Ruskin.

Very excited to be applying and really hope I get in on my first try! Does anyone know when the interviews will be starting?

I have booked onto some open days so I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the universities and each course.

When is everyone aiming to have their UCAS applications in for?

I wish everyone luck with their applications!

Have you heard anything back from Bradford Uni ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blondy2012
You had to watch a video and answer questions from it really :smile:. Just under a week; 6 days x

What was the video on? Thanks
Original post by AliceB98
What was the video on? Thanks

It changes each time :smile:
Got a rejection from cumbria uni today bit gutted but four choices left to hear from. Knowing the edge hill will keep me waiting for ages i m hoping that the other 3 will only take a few weeks now
I'm waiting on edge hill too had interview and received letter to say would not find out till may 👎child branch, also waiting to hear from chester regarding potential interview. Has anyone heard from them with date for interview or rejection? I applied in October x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone- I have applied for adult nursing and I am looking at current issues in nursing (recent) and I am a bit stuck and can't seem to find much- can anyone give me any ideas please? :confused:
Reply 674
They shouldn't be full but some universities have 2 intakes a year. Eg. Sept and march.
Reply 675
Original post by Dbiology6
Hi everyone- I have applied for adult nursing and I am looking at current issues in nursing (recent) and I am a bit stuck and can't seem to find much- can anyone give me any ideas please? :confused:

Read about the francis report and the 6cs of nursing. It's a hot topic right now.
Original post by Rednov8
Read about the francis report and the 6cs of nursing. It's a hot topic right now.

ah okay thank you! would you say the francis report is recent enough? as i have been asked to read something recent to talk about i think for my english test... and yes i have looked at 6Cs and made sure I know what they mean and examples ect. :smile:
Reply 677
Original post by Dbiology6

The nursing times website is really good for current nursing issues! It is subscription based, but I paid £8 for 3 months so it's not too expensive and well worth it :smile: I've just had an offer for dual nursing (adult and child) at Southampton- for my offer a couple of weeks ago, I did loads of reading on the 6 C's of nursing and some applications of them (http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/6c-a5-leaflet.pdf)- i.e. by using the document that southampton asked us to read about supporting adult carers- it's based on the 6 C's. (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/329867/Carers_Pathway.pdf)
Also maybe make sure you're gemmed up on what the Liverpool care pathway is (end of life care), about the rights and responsibilities of everyone involved in care (the NHS constitution- https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/170656/NHS_Constitution.pdf), and definitely do lots of reading on the Francis report (Mid-Staffordshire failings) as it's really easy to make links to this in interview.

Sorry this sounds like a lot, hope it helps! You'll be amazing in your interview :smile:
Original post by geek_22
Ny1 for adult nursing at sheffield hallam

Still waiting for interview invite or rejection from them.
Hey, has anyone applied for Adult Nursing at any of: BCU, De Monfort, Coventry or Derby?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending