The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snoop_frog
jamaican guy watching anime ffs

Point??
Have you seen Boondocks? If no,,, google it and then thank me.
Not exactly anime but meh... It's close.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Steins:gate is amazing, it's based of the Visual novel. I will tell you now, the japanese voice acting is what I consider one of the best of all time, and although I haven't watched the dub, I super highly recommend the sub. The voice actor is absolutely amazing in japanese.

It's an anime on a whole new level to sword art online lol. Much more tension with less action. I think it's one of those animes where you may actually have to think rather than just sit brain dead and just watch.

Couldnt agree more, steins;gate is fantastic and in a whole other world. Anyone who hasn't seen it should watch it right now, it's that good. Also I think the dub done a rather impressive job and sounded great overall.
Currently rewatching Durarara!!, as a refresher before next season's sequel. :biggrin:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Currently rewatching Durarara!!, as a refresher before next season's sequel. :biggrin:

So an AJ and nixonxjellybeans marathon it is then? :lol:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
So an AJ and nixonxjellybeans marathon it is then? :lol:

Indeed! :biggrin: I think I'm actually enjoying it more second-time around, possibly because the week's gap between episodes first time around made it harder to keep track of everything that was going on. Hope you like it/are already enjoying it as much. :smile:

I'm hoping to finish the first of my TSR Secret Santa series (Sukitte Ii na Yo) tomorrow, then it'll be on to Kaze no Stigma. :biggrin:
Indeed! :biggrin: I think I'm actually enjoying it more second-time around, possibly because the week's gap between episodes first time around made it harder to keep track of everything that was going on. Hope you like it/are already enjoying it as much. :smile:

I'm hoping to finish the first of my TSR Secret Santa series (Sukitte Ii na Yo) tomorrow, then it'll be on to Kaze no Stigma. :biggrin:

You are super active on this forum lol. But how'd you rewatch a series? I only ever rewatched guilty crown because I really enjoyed it for some reason lol, but yeah how'd you not get bored of remembering it all happen again?
Watching Mirai Nikki. Yuno is scary as ****:lol:.
You are super active on this forum lol. But how'd you rewatch a series? I only ever rewatched guilty crown because I really enjoyed it for some reason lol, but yeah how'd you not get bored of remembering it all happen again?

Someone has to be. :p:

I'm mostly rewatching series from my own Top 50 list, so it helps that they're all shows I really like. :yes: But I haven't watched some of them in 5-8 years, and even if I remember most of the main plot points, there are other small things that I might have forgotten about. Or even overlooked entirely - I'm currently rewatching Durarara!!, and there was a small, easily missed reference to Kino no Tabi in the 5th episode. Chances are I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't also rewatched Kino no Tabi a couple of weeks ago. :zomg:

It also helps to remind myself every now and then what it feels like to watch a truly great anime series, just to make sure I don't overrate anything that's currently airing. :p:
Original post by Red Fox
Watching Mirai Nikki. Yuno is scary as ****:lol:.

Yuki... Yuki... Yuki........

Someone has to be. :p:

I'm mostly rewatching series from my own Top 50 list, so it helps that they're all shows I really like. :yes: But I haven't watched some of them in 5-8 years, and even if I remember most of the main plot points, there are other small things that I might have forgotten about. Or even overlooked entirely - I'm currently rewatching Durarara!!, and there was a small, easily missed reference to Kino no Tabi in the 5th episode. Chances are I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't also rewatched Kino no Tabi a couple of weeks ago. :zomg:

It also helps to remind myself every now and then what it feels like to watch a truly great anime series, just to make sure I don't overrate anything that's currently airing. :p:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the response.wow you watched sooooo many anime. Have you ever thought about writing a manga or anime (story)? Whats your number 1 anim3?
Thanks for the response.wow you watched sooooo many anime. Have you ever thought about writing a manga or anime (story)? Whats your number 1 anim3?

I've not given writing a story much thought, sadly I don't have a creative bone in my body. :no: I'm more of a critic.

I struggle to name a single anime series as my all time favourite, hence why I keep a Top 50 to make things easier. :redface: If I had to give an answer now, it'd be Steins;Gate (which is also due a rewatch), but depending on my mood I might name a completely different series if asked another day. :tongue:
I've not given writing a story much thought, sadly I don't have a creative bone in my body. :no: I'm more of a critic.

I struggle to name a single anime series as my all time favourite, hence why I keep a Top 50 to make things easier. :redface: If I had to give an answer now, it'd be Steins;Gate (which is also due a rewatch), but depending on my mood I might name a completely different series if asked another day. :tongue:

Oh okay I was starting to make a visual novel. And read the the visual novel for steinsgate :P anime does rock too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watched No game No life was really good hope it gets a second season!
I posted lists of my favourite opening and ending themes of the year on my blog, as a warmup before my favourite series list, which I'll probably post nearer the end of the month when all the series due to end this season are over.

Speaking of which, final episode of Hitsugi no Chaika - Avenging Battle tomorrow. :zomg: Hopefully it won't be too rushed or disappointing, as the rest of the sequel has been fantastic!
Reply 8273
I really liked this Asuna focused mini arc in sao. :h:
Original post by vin
I really liked this Asuna focused mini arc in sao. :h:

She deserves it after being non existent in the GGO arc:tongue:
:proud:

Only 1,000 more manga titles to go, and I'll have caught up with my anime stats! :biggrin:

Only 1,000 more manga titles to go, and I'll have caught up with my anime stats! :biggrin:

Wow, I've read 2:lol:

I just can't get into manga. I keep visiting this cool shop i've found but just can't bring myself to spend money on manga. Wish they stocked some dvds! The only downside of these type of shops.
Anyone seen the Shingeki no Kyojin Levi OVA yet?
Speaking of Shigeki no Kyojin, has anyone seen Shingeki no Moe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest