The Student Room Group

BPTC application - Pending GDL result!

Hello,

I am just in the process of doing my application through BARSAS for the BPTC 2015.

I am half way through a GDL and have completed contract, tort and public. I will complete my GDL in June 2015 receive my results in July 2015.

I am currently on a commendation.

Do I need to submit an academic stage form along with my application? Thanks in advance!!:smile:
Reply 1
Hi there, another question,

Under the Bar Standards Board website --> Qualifying as a Barrister --> BPTC --> How to apply for the BPTC https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/qualifying-as-a-barrister/bar-professional-training-course/how-to-apply-for-the-bptc/, and under 'submitting your chosen provider', it says:

"You should note that all applications submitted in the first round will be considered at the same time after the closing date. It is important that if you wish to be considered for the second round as well, you ensure you make ALL choices relevant to you in the first round. Only the first three choices on your application form count towards the first round; the rest to the second. You cannot add any choices following submission and you cannot make more than one application per year."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means that only the first three is considered in the first round, and the last three in the second round if needed.

My question is would it make sense to apply to the same BPTC providers for the last three choices? Would they consider you again or is it more worthy to apply to 6 different providers/locations?

Cheers
:smile:

Reply 2
Original post by grrrwait
Hi there, another question,

Under the Bar Standards Board website --> Qualifying as a Barrister --> BPTC --> How to apply for the BPTC https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/qualifying-as-a-barrister/bar-professional-training-course/how-to-apply-for-the-bptc/, and under 'submitting your chosen provider', it says:

"You should note that all applications submitted in the first round will be considered at the same time after the closing date. It is important that if you wish to be considered for the second round as well, you ensure you make ALL choices relevant to you in the first round. Only the first three choices on your application form count towards the first round; the rest to the second. You cannot add any choices following submission and you cannot make more than one application per year."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this means that only the first three is considered in the first round, and the last three in the second round if needed.

My question is would it make sense to apply to the same BPTC providers for the last three choices? Would they consider you again or is it more worthy to apply to 6 different providers/locations?

Cheers
:smile:

Just found out the answer to my own question. All 6 choices need to be different.
Original post by LWoods19
Hello,

I am just in the process of doing my application through BARSAS for the BPTC 2015.

I am half way through a GDL and have completed contract, tort and public. I will complete my GDL in June 2015 receive my results in July 2015.

I am currently on a commendation.

Do I need to submit an academic stage form along with my application? Thanks in advance!!:smile:

Wow ! I know someone who done btpc at their final year of uni to save a year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending