The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

LSE has sent me this.

I write with reference to your application to the School for entry in October 2015.
We require your predicted grades for each of the subjects you are taking in your AS level grades examinations.
Can I kindly request that you ensure that your referee provides us with this information no later than 23/Dec/2014.

Just got this. What does it mean? Have they not received my predicted grades? I am applying for economics
Original post by StudyNow
LSE has sent me this.

I write with reference to your application to the School for entry in October 2015.
We require your predicted grades for each of the subjects you are taking in your AS level grades examinations.
Can I kindly request that you ensure that your referee provides us with this information no later than 23/Dec/2014.

Just got this. What does it mean? Have they not received my predicted grades? I am applying for economics

That's strange, why would they ask for predicted AS grades, you should have already achieved AS grades, unless you are resitting, in which if you are you need to get your referee to state what you are predicted in that resit maybe? I'm not sure tbh but that's my interpretation.
Original post by abccba120
That's strange, why would they ask for predicted AS grades, you should have already achieved AS grades, unless you are resitting, in which if you are you need to get your referee to state what you are predicted in that resit maybe? I'm not sure tbh but that's my interpretation.

Thank you. I can't figure out either. That's too strange. Maybe because I was not predicted A* in economics, and they want to know whether that's changed now?
Original post by StudyNow
Thank you. I can't figure out either. That's too strange. Maybe because I was not predicted A* in economics, and they want to know whether that's changed now?

I don't think they question predicted grades, that is if you are referring to A2 predictions. As I am predicted an A in economics even though I know I can get an A* as I got 93% UMS at AS, which is why I'm glad they send out questionnaires asking for UMS :biggrin: Either way I'd suggest asking your head of year/ sixth form to see if he/she can make sense of it.
anybody heard from lse yet? getting restless
Original post by abccba120
I don't think they question predicted grades, that is if you are referring to A2 predictions. As I am predicted an A in economics even though I know I can get an A* as I got 93% UMS at AS, which is why I'm glad they send out questionnaires asking for UMS :biggrin: Either way I'd suggest asking your head of year/ sixth form to see if he/she can make sense of it.

Thank you for your advice. I'd rather they send me the questionnaires! I am really worried about it now. I will definitely ask my six form adviser.
Original post by sr234
I've got my economics interview on Thursday (at Kings) good luck for yours tommorow!!:smile:

Thank you!
Good luck x100 to you
Had my interview at Homerton today, I think it went pretty well, now just have the long wait
Anyone going to UCL tomorrow? What are you expecting? There shouldn't be an interview right?
Original post by kiesh123
Anyone going to UCL tomorrow? What are you expecting? There shouldn't be an interview right?

Me!!! It should just be an overview of our course structure and a campus tour. Don't worry too much.

Yep, I'll be the kid in the huaraches hahahaha
Original post by jchap9776
Yep, I'll be the kid in the huaraches hahahaha

Are you wearing casual stuff? Don't wanna be the odd one out
Original post by Username13

Yeah, I'm wearing jeans and stuff - tbf from what I found out at my cambridge interview, you stand out more if you aren't wearing a suit!
Original post by Username13

I was thinking smart casual but I doubt they will be fussed :smile:
As long as there isn't an interview i'm looking forward to it as I've done no prep :biggrin:
I was thinking smart casual but I doubt they will be fussed :smile:
As long as there isn't an interview i'm looking forward to it as I've done no prep :biggrin:

there won't be an interview, trust. they wont have the time to interview everyone. reckon it will be good cos most people going will have applied to Oxbridge and lse - so they will really try to sell it to us all
Received an offer from Nottingham 'AAA' overseas btw.

Kind of funny how they said it would be 'reassessed' if my status changes.
hh
Just got an offer from Bath ! :biggrin: I think I'm going to use my last choice for UCL now :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an offer from Bristol for straight Econ. A*AA. Very happy. Only waiting on Warwick now
Just got an offer from Bristol!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending