The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Why would anyone ever want their main rivals to do well? I doubt many Liverpool fans were cheering for United to win last season. I always back Chelsea, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal in Europe, couldn't care less about City and Liverpool

What is your reasoning for those teams in particular? :smile:
hahahhaha thanks ref, helping the coupon.

And **** off commentator. You can't deliberately try to hit someone in the face
:rofl:

Ric Flair thumb to the eye, dirtiest player in the game!
:lol:
WTF
what a JOKE... goes down about 2 seconds after.
Reply 6606
what the **** are these commentators saying
Fantastic :biggrin:.

Sterling would be stacking shelves at tesco if it wasn't for his pace.
Townsend talking like a muppet again. Clearly a red card. He should be having a go at Markovic for doing something needless and stupid not the ref.
Poor decision but funny for United fans LOOL
The one player making a difference, sent off for that?

I'm so done with this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Remember against Madrid it was absolutely electric before kick-off. Was sat in the Kop with my mate and he said to me ''you're in for a cracker tonight''. By 20 mins you could hear a pin drop:rofl:

They can get up for it when they want but they are the most self absorbed group of fans in England.

Anfield should be deafening at the moment. Villa Park would be.

lol at the red card as well.
Rofl that was never a red card, annoyingly it just gives Liverpool fans/Rodgers an excuse to blame the referee now. Even though Basel have dominated them for most of the game.
I'm annoyed... really want Markovic to do well, and the red card was harsh.

BUT he looks back 3 times to see where the player is before flinging a hand out.

Hopefully the fans don't get on his back too much.
Reply 6614
You can't throw your arm at someone's face lol
Wasn't even a yellow. Don't think there was even any contact at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMagicRat
Townsend talking like a muppet again. Clearly a red card. He should be having a go at Markovic for doing something needless and stupid not the ref.

A red for that right? So fellaini should be getting a red card every single game then, seeing though he uses his elbows all the time and does far worse damage but gets off with it every single time?
Lol, why was Markovic even doing that? What an idiot.
Did any of you actually watch the replay? He looked back to see where he was, then purposely threw his arm out directly at his face. Doesn't matter if it touched him or not. If a player went to RKO another player but missed does that mean he gets away with it?
Obvious complaints about the red card, a little harsh, but justified for me.

Markovic has taken a swing at Safari, he can't claim to be shielding the ball (he's already free), he can't claim that it was a tit for tat contest and whether he actually made contact is IRRELEVANT. If you run about swinging your arms at peoples faces then you can expect to get sent off.

Quick Reply

Latest