The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by liass
Yeah I guess :frown: still kinda unfair though, how a malfunction on their system means I have to now wait 3 months. Would have expected better from such a "good" university

Anyway I need to stop whining and focus on Cambridge. Nothing I can do about Imperial now

Yeah mate, life is unfair, just gotta do the best with the cards you're dealt and try to enjoy the ride :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by liass
Really annoyed, Imperial just emailed me saying they want to reschedule my interview from 16th of December to February/March. They sent me a link and... surprise it was faulty
So I emailed them and they said five hours ago they would send me another link...and they haven't

Really would have expected better from such a "good" university. Not only has interview been moved a few months, but they wont even let me find out when. Really annoyed :mad:

i booked mine at 16th as well... but i haven't heard anything from them.. shall i assume that the interview is on the date i picked??
Original post by karesade
I can't believe that Imperial decided to ignore me for the second time:frown:
Before you ask, I haven't received the rejection yet.
I thought that I'll get at least an interview :frown:

you wilL!
Original post by liass
Yeah I guess :frown: still kinda unfair though, how a malfunction on their system means I have to now wait 3 months. Would have expected better from such a "good" university

Anyway I need to stop whining and focus on Cambridge. Nothing I can do about Imperial now

Which college did you apply to
Sorry I'm new to TSR - I have some questions:
1) Has Imperial called in more students for interviews after the first round on the 2nd of December?
2) Has Imperial started giving out rejections yet?

I'm still waiting, have no idea if I'll get invited for interview... :/
Reply 324
Original post by DCMed96
i booked mine at 16th as well... but i haven't heard anything from them.. shall i assume that the interview is on the date i picked??

Yeah yours is probably on the date you picked. Apparently someone chose my date and time a few seconds before I did which is why I didn't get it :mad:

Original post by DCMed96
you wilL!

Which college did you apply to

Christ College
Original post by liass
Yeah thats what they said, but its still annoying because I made plans on the same day to be in London and told the teachers and everything :frown:

Just chose February the 24th :frown: not ideal but its better than no interview!

what time have you chosen because i just chose 16-00
Reply 326
Original post by itsallokay
what time have you chosen because i just chose 16-00

Well this is awkward... I have also just chosen 16-00 :/
Wonder what theyre going to do with that
when
Original post by liass
Well this is awkward... I have also just chosen 16-00 :/
Wonder what theyre going to do with that

what time did you choose
Reply 328
Original post by itsallokay
when
what time did you choose

Tuesday the 24th of February at 16:00
Reply 329
Original post by tmahmud
Sorry I'm new to TSR - I have some questions:
1) Has Imperial called in more students for interviews after the first round on the 2nd of December?
2) Has Imperial started giving out rejections yet?

I'm still waiting, have no idea if I'll get invited for interview... :/

Majority of applicants have received interviews. They will send out rejections in January. They may invite a few more candidates in Dec (not guaranteed)
Reply 330
Original post by poppy4
Majority of applicants have received interviews. They will send out rejections in January. They may invite a few more candidates in Dec (not guaranteed)

The majority of applicants have not received interviews. Folks, this guy is chatting out of his bum hole
How many applicants have received an interview offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
This is what Imperial college admissions team told me when i rang them
Original post by poppy4
This is what Imperial college admissions team told me when i rang them

Go and troll somewhere else. Imperial have given approx 250 interview slots...they interview approx 700+ .....so majority of interview invitations to still go out.
Reply 334
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Go and troll somewhere else. Imperial have given approx 250 interview slots...they interview approx 700+ .....so majority of interview invitations to still go out.

Lol, no no, I'm pretty sure 250 interviews from 2000+ applicants is the majority of applicants getting an interview.... Er?
This sounds slightly more promising! *fingers crossed*
If you've gotten the interview what is the probability of you being given a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charjb
Lol, no no, I'm pretty sure 250 interviews from 2000+ applicants is the majority of applicants getting an interview.... Er?

This sounds slightly more promising! *fingers crossed*
Original post by SherlockHolmes2
If you've gotten the interview what is the probability of you being given a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They give out approx 650 interviews (or more) and give out around 450 offers which is about a 69-70% chance of a place after interview
Original post by liass
Really annoyed, Imperial just emailed me saying they want to reschedule my interview from 16th of December to February/March. They sent me a link and... surprise it was faulty
So I emailed them and they said five hours ago they would send me another link...and they haven't

Really would have expected better from such a "good" university. Not only has interview been moved a few months, but they wont even let me find out when. Really annoyed :mad:

That's exactly what happened to me. My interview was on 16th December and I got told to book again so now my interview is in February. So annoying. I can feel your pain.

Don't worry, hopefully it doesn't mean that the later you get interviewed the harder it is to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending