The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fideo
Your top 6 hopes?

Finishing above relegation and winning the EL would be so hilarious xD
The press will be ****ing over Gerrard for the rest of the week now, even though he was terrible all game bar the goal. Good news for opposition fans across the country.

Original post by Dirtybit
Thank God thats done. Andy Townsend was starting to Piss me off big time.

I deliberately went out of my way to find a steam that didn't have Townsend & Tyldesley. Can't stand either of them.
Original post by Wilfred Little
The reason they lost the league. Not even for the slip. His performance after that was the most selfish thing I've ever seen and he's been no different tonight.

For the CFC match, yep. Remember thinking the same thing.

Not so much in this match. He just hasn't been able to do much (excl. the free-kick) to impact the game. Don't think he even took that many shots. But the prob is that he does it when they absolutely need a calm head to force something positive.

Balotelli
Sterling - Lallana - Markovic
Can-Henderson

Is what they need to work with this season and reap the benefits next season.
Original post by sevchenko
The whole of last season was absolutely pointless.

Worth it for Levy's face at the end of our 5-0 win at White Hart Lane for me.
Better yet, Liverpool still have to play on Thursday nights :smile:
F*cking crap, why can't we play like the last 10 minutes all the time? We lose to United and Rodgers is out
Original post by Yawn-er
For the CFC match, yep. Remember thinking the same thing.

Not so much in this match. He just hasn't been able to do much (excl. the free-kick) to impact the game. Don't think he even took that many shots. But the prob is that he does it when they absolutely need a calm head to force something positive.

Exactly. Always tries the Hollywood pass or the sexy goal. All the time.
Joe Allen is the worst footballer in the history of LFC, he does not attack, he does not defend, he does not press, he does not do anything.
Original post by Mackay
Could very well be the last time you see the majority of these players in the CL. They aren't good enough aside from Sterling, Coutinho, Moreno and Henderson - and we certainly won't be in it next year.

It's tough - how many of these players will still be here in the medium term?

Original post by sevchenko
The whole of last season was absolutely pointless.

That is rich coming from an Arsenal fan. You finish 4th each year and then get knocked out in the first knock-out round. What is the point of that?
Robbie's right - we were better with 10 men.
Original post by luke829
F*cking crap, why can't we play like the last 10 minutes all the time? We lose to United and Rodgers is out

This, we don't seem to realise that the game is played for 90 minutes and not for 20 minutes....
Reply 6731
srs question: is Skrtel currently our best fit striker? At least he knows how to get on the end of a cross.
Oh, also, Gerrard is on the money post-match. We didn't deserve to go through. No complaints.
Seriously though, don't win the Europa
So at what point do we start point at Rodgers for his transfers?

I think only Coutinho and Sturridge have been a success? And even then Rodgers doesn't seem to trust Coutinho a lot of the time.
Original post by Zerforax

I think only Coutinho and Sturridge have been a success? And even then Rodgers doesn't seem to trust Coutinho a lot of the time.

Rodgers biggest **** up was not replacing Suarez and not signing a backup for Sturridge. He instead signs two immobile strikers and exiles our only mobile one.
Original post by Zerforax

Them two are the only genuine successes - you could probably make a case for Allen, but I won't be fighting his corner.
Original post by samir12
Rodgers biggest **** up was not replacing Suarez and not signing a backup for Sturridge. He instead signs two immobile strikers and exiles our only mobile one.

Massively agree. We saw last season that Sturridge was at risk of injuries so more than anything we just needed a top striker. There weren't many players available but still seems like we went hunting in the bargain bucket.

We should hire Rafa and get him to bring Higuian with him :colondollar:
This bloody team I swear, did the same against Sunderland, only show urgency in the last 10 minutes, ridiculous really. Didn't look like scoring before the Gerrard goal. Just a poor showing tbh, I don;t see why didn't have any striker on the bench, even if it's a youth player of some sort, we do the same thing every game. The definition of insanity is what I think of when watching Liverpool over these last few months, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Not going to happen. The incessant passing out the back, sticking players in that don't deserve it, taking players out who deserve to be in. Absolute cluster****.

On another note there is so much crap posted in this thread from opposition fans, I can;t even tell if it's an attempt at being a WUM, maybe sarcasm/who knows. The quality of posting on this forum has gone to ****, summed up by the fact that a mod of the section chats more crap than anyone else. You can only handle this place in small doses nowadays.
Original post by Mackay
Them two are the only genuine successes - you could probably make a case for Allen, but I won't be fighting his corner.

I can't decide about Allen. He looks tidy on the ball and I do wonder if Gerrard being around makes it tough for him (he isn't the right player for Allen) but he hasn't really imposed himself on the squad.

Quick Reply

Latest