The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tanckx
Anyone heard from Slaughter and May for the summer vacation scheme? I applied over a month ago now and still nothing... :/ do they not apply on a rolling basis?

I've not applied yet, but the website says that they endeavour to reply within 2 weeks & that it can take longer during busy periods.
Reply 481
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I've not applied yet, but the website says that they endeavour to reply within 2 weeks & that it can take longer during busy periods.

Ok thanks, shall I send an email asking where my application stands or is that kind of impolite? It's been such a while now...
Original post by Tanckx
Ok thanks, shall I send an email asking where my application stands or is that kind of impolite? It's been such a while now...

I'd maybe give it another week and then email :smile:
Does anyone know when HSF get back to you over the SJT? Do they let you know if you haven't reached the benchmark? If it helps, I completed the test on Saturday, but still haven't heard anything from them. :/
Original post by J-SP
About the expiry date, it is so the recruitment teams can manage the pipeline of applications. You'd be surprised how many people register but never complete an application (usually somewhere between 20-30%).

You can always get your application reinstated if it does time out. It's more how the system is built rather than the graduate recruitment team putting a deadline on you completing the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't panic about it expiring - mine expired because I started it ages ago (just to fill in the basic info like name, address etc) and I phoned them and they reinstated it with no problem at all! :smile:

I've not completed any at all yet, also hoping that it's okay doing it in the holidays (started this weekend for me). Term time was way too busy.

Thanks both of you - I had been going to just re-register with a different email address but I'll probably phone them instead. :smile:

Also glad to hear A&O have sorted their form, CW!
Just got an AC at Macfarlanes - does anyone have any information on what it will be like or what kind of questions they ask at interview?
Original post by yytan154
Just got an AC at Macfarlanes - does anyone have any information on what it will be like or what kind of questions they ask at interview?

When did you apply? I'm hoping to hear back from them soon, I applied on the 1st December...

Also to the person who did the HSF SJT on saturday, chill out dude I don't think they do responses on sat or sun :P I sat mine on friday and heard back about an hour ago saying to do the next 2 tests, you'll probably hear tomorrow evening ish :smile:
Original post by TykeDragon
When did you apply? I'm hoping to hear back from them soon, I applied on the 1st December...

i applied on the 7th of November :smile:

ahh good job getting there nice and early then :smile: do you have any legal work exp? i feel i have decent academics, decent work exp and decent app but huge weakness of no legal work experience :s-smilie: hoping it won't hurt me too much...

Applied on the 7th too.. They however asked me for my contract mark which was missing (2nd year module for me) so guess I might be delayed..
Original post by TykeDragon

Also to the person who did the HSF SJT on saturday, chill out dude I don't think they do responses on sat or sun :P I sat mine on friday and heard back about an hour ago saying to do the next 2 tests, you'll probably hear tomorrow evening ish :smile:

Yeah, thanks for the 'advice' to chill out.
Original post by coke_addict2010
Yeah, thanks for the 'advice' to chill out.

read ahead and you'll see i was joking, told you when i did the test in comparison to you and gave you an estimation when you will hear back :smile: i'm sorry if you took offence but i was putting you at ease! you will most likely hear tomorrow. day after at the latest. how did you find the test?
(edited 9 years ago)

Do you know where that is stated on the website? I thought the 2 weeks reply for for post-interview outcomes :confused:
Original post by Horse273
Do you know where that is stated on the website? I thought the 2 weeks reply for for post-interview outcomes :confused:

It's in the final paragraph on this page: http://www.slaughterandmay.com/careers/trainee-solicitors/application-process/when-to-apply.aspx

It's definitely talking about receiving your application :smile:
Reply 494
Just out of curiosity, which are the firms that employ rolling basis?

AFAIK its
Freshfields
Linklaters
Hogan Lovells
Ashurst
S&M
HSF

Please help me add on to this list so I can prioritise D:
Original post by 262fch

AFAIK its
Freshfields
Linklaters
Hogan Lovells
Ashurst
S&M
HSF

A&O and Shearman & Sterling
Original post by 262fch

AFAIK its
Freshfields
Linklaters
Hogan Lovells
Ashurst
S&M
HSF

Simmons & Simmons
It's in the final paragraph on this page: http://www.slaughterandmay.com/careers/trainee-solicitors/application-process/when-to-apply.aspx

It's definitely talking about receiving your application :smile:

Oh right thanks :smile: It just seems odd as I've been 'under review' for a few weeks now, plus I don't know of anyone who's had a reply for their summer scheme application.
Original post by Horse273
Oh right thanks :smile: It just seems odd as I've been 'under review' for a few weeks now, plus I don't know of anyone who's had a reply for their summer scheme application.

Perhaps they wait until they've had a large number of applications until they start going through - I imagine a lot of people (me included!) have waited until the holidays to start applying.
Perhaps they wait until they've had a large number of applications until they start going through - I imagine a lot of people (me included!) have waited until the holidays to start applying.

That would make sense - I've only done two apps so I'm in the 'leave most apps till Christmas' camp too :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending