The Student Room Group

How many lectures/seminars etc. per week

How many hours of letures/seminars/tutorials etc do you have per week?

I have 8 hours, 2x2 mon, 2x2 thurs. Whch isn't that many.

What subjects have the most and what have the least?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
280 views and no posts but I still keep the faith
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JamesManc
280 views and no posts but I still keep the faith

Hahaha, oh bless. I'll reply: I have 6 hours of lectures a week and a 1-2 hour lab/workshop (depending on the week) and that's Psychology (with a Biology module thrown in too)
Reply 3
I have 10 hours of lectures and 2 hours of tutorials every week

Every second week I have 6 hours of tutorials

I study international business and I'm in second year

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 lectures = 7 hours. (Non compulsory)
4 tutorials = 4 hours. (Compulsory)

13 hours in total.

Studying Economics and Finance.
4 lectures of 4 hours a week.

16 hours in total theoretically. They pretty much only last 3 hours on average so 12 hours practically.

Edit: Studying Graphic Design. 4 modules a semester, i.e. one lecture per module per week.
12 hours of lectures
6 hours of problem classes/drop ins (switches each week)
= 18 contact hours each week.

Second year mathematics studying 6 equally weighted modules this semester.
About 25 at the start of the year but about 5/6 right now because most of our modules have finished for the semester. First year Aerospace engineering.
I'm jealous of you guys, I have like 35 h in A-levels. Can't wait to go to uni.
Psychology

1st year - 12 hours
2nd year - 8 hours
3rd year - 7 hours
This term I have 4 hours of lectures and 8 hours of labs for computer networking :smile:
First year law.

About 6 hours of lectures in one week and 5 in the other as we have a two week timetable. Plus 2 2 hours sessions each week that's more discussion/ group work based or when we need to go to the mock court room.
Original post by Viridiana
I'm jealous of you guys, I have like 35 h in A-levels. Can't wait to go to uni.

You shouldn't be! ... At uni you are in a lot less (depending on the course) but have to make up the extra studying doing further reading etc.

I'd rather be in 35 hours a week and get given the answers :cool:
At the moment we have between 17 and 20 hours with coursework and field trips but hey home for Christmas Friday.
Reply 14
Original post by JamesManc
How many hours of letures/seminars/tutorials etc do you have per week?

I have 8 hours, 2x2 mon, 2x2 thurs. Whch isn't that many.

What subjects have the most and what have the least?

I'm doing sociology and there's not that many lectures! I was surprised to start with but I guess there's lots of reading to be done on the side.
Every week
3 lectures a week (3 hours total)
1 tutorial (1 hour 30 mins)

Every other week
One seminar (2 hours)
Original post by MaseratiJay
You shouldn't be! ... At uni you are in a lot less (depending on the course) but have to make up the extra studying doing further reading etc.

I'd rather be in 35 hours a week and get given the answers :cool:

Yeah I know it works like this but personally I prefer studying at home at my own pace etc. I dislike listening to teachers (those that just read from the screen etc) because I prefer to read the coursebook at home... I attend the classes because I have to but I usually just do stuff on my phone and pay attention when they're telling trivia or anecdotes.
(And I'm best/2nd best in class in one of the best schools in the city in most subjects so it's not like I'm acting like this because I'm lazy, I just don't absorb knowledge well in this kind of environment. I like 1 to 1 classes or reading :smile: )
On average, for the first semester, it was about 11 or 12 hours worth of lectures/tutorials/pracs.

Next semester **** gets real...One 32 hour week among other weeks from hell.... BSc Biomedical Science btw.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have 15 hours of lectures a week, with about 10 hours *variable) of labs.
I'm studying second year Chemistry BSc
my course is pretty intense - im on campus 9-5 most days, either in lectures, or making use of the workshops for projects... apparently third year almost kills you... not looking forward to that next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending