The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by sashanicoletemp
It could be because people might get eliminated from selection once the work experience forms are returned if they don't have 70 hours.. the forms are due in on Jan 4th, so that might explain it. Good luck, I hope you find out sooner!

Thanks, that could explain it.. Do you know what sort of evidence you have to provide to prove you've done the experience? I may as well prepare that stuff in case I do miraculously get an invite to interview haha
Reply 341
Interview on 19th of March at 2.15 :smile:
Reply 342
Hey, I still have had no news from Warwick GEM at all :frown: My VR is 530 though so not expecting much...!
Reply 343
Original post by sashanicoletemp
It could be because people might get eliminated from selection once the work experience forms are returned if they don't have 70 hours.. the forms are due in on Jan 4th, so that might explain it. Good luck, I hope you find out sooner!

Thanks, that definitely sounds like the most likely explanation! Though it doesn't fill me with hope for getting an interview, Warwick made their 70 hour thing fairly clear so I doubt many people applied there who don't meet that requirement..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Did any overseas (non-EU) students get interviews or receive the "decision in mid January" email?
Interview on March 20th at 1pm :biggrin:

Btw my VR was 670, my second lowest, that's not an amazing score :/
I'm sure if you have good overall stats (academic, good statement, good reference) that might outweigh a borderline VR like mine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasmay
Thanks, that could explain it.. Do you know what sort of evidence you have to provide to prove you've done the experience? I may as well prepare that stuff in case I do miraculously get an invite to interview haha

They mostly seem to ask for a referee that can confirm the experience you have done/the hours rather than specific documents.
I might bring in a few contracts/pay checks just in case but they don't specify apart from asking for a referee.
Reply 347
Original post by ll1986
Did any overseas (non-EU) students get interviews or receive the "decision in mid January" email?

I did! I received the "decision in mid-January" email this morning. Not sure what that means :/
Reply 348
Original post by cenna
I did! I received the "decision in mid-January" email this morning. Not sure what that means :/

Hey I received that email too.. So that's why I was wondering if all overseas students got put in that "later decision" group
Reply 349
Original post by ll1986
Hey I received that email too.. So that's why I was wondering if all overseas students got put in that "later decision" group

Why would Warwick do that though?
Reply 350
Original post by cenna
Why would Warwick do that though?

Maybe to see how many interviews will be accepted by home/EU students, and then see how many overseas candidates they can interview...
Reply 351
Original post by ll1986
Maybe to see how many interviews will be accepted by home/EU students, and then see how many overseas candidates they can interview...

I thought we were evaluated in the same pool as home/EU students.. Does that mean the "decision in mid-January" email is a good sign then? haha
I decided to book a slot on St Patrick's Day. :smile:
Have to see if I can stay in a hotel overnight as I booked a morning slot!
I can't believe I got an invite (with my terrible A-levels)!

e. Having now actually read the rest of the posts from today I REALLY don't understand how I got an interview, I remember my VR score being awful (somewhere around 610) and the overall score being nothing special (712.5/2850).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MJK91
WARWICK INTERVIEW!!!!!! :biggrin:

Sorry...

Well done man! You deserve this.

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. My interview email arrived around lunch time.

For those interested, my stats are:
1st Biomedical Science
MSc pending
720 ukcat 650 VR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey is anyone from London going to Warwick the day before the interview? Or in the morning for an afternoon interview? I'm probably going to drive up there...
Original post by santi_92
Hey is anyone from London going to Warwick the day before the interview? Or in the morning for an afternoon interview? I'm probably going to drive up there...

I think I will go up the day before (so on 15th for 16th). When are you driving?
Original post by aGEMapplicant
I think I will go up the day before (so on 15th for 16th). When are you driving?

I haven't actually booked mine yet. I was busy all day yesterday so I've only just been able to get to my PC

Edit: I won't be up on those dates, I've got an exam on the 16th
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by santi_92

I've booked my interview for the 16th so I will be driving up that way on the 15th (although staying with a friend in Solihull on the 15th). Happy to take passengers from London! I'm in Southfields near Wimbledon.
Original post by JenniB22
I've booked my interview for the 16th so I will be driving up that way on the 15th (although staying with a friend in Solihull on the 15th). Happy to take passengers from London! I'm in Southfields near Wimbledon.

Unfortunately for me, I was busy all day yesterday. Pretty much the only thing left for me today was 8:30 on the 20th :frown: Still very grateful to have an interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending