The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miladrises
Did any of you guys do mocks? If so how did you do

Yep, C3, Bio unit 4, Physics unit 4 and chem unit 5 (minus acids because we haven't learned them yet).

Somehow got an A* in physics, which I don't have a predicted A* in, As in chem and bio (1 mark off in chem, dammit) and a D in C3 (lol, I know).

So, alright I guess. Could've been better, but it can always be better eh

How about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
FP2-3(4 maybe?), S1-2, M2-3, you?

Ahh ok, they're not too bad then! I'm takin a gap year so just resitting FP2, D2 and possibly M2, ie the ones I messed up most last time! Intending to work through FP3-4 and maybe some more mechanics as well if I can, won't take the exams though. What have/are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow can't believe this thread is still alive and kicking, I remember when we were the year 10 thread wow. Is Shadab still around?
Original post by Dinasaurus
Wow can't believe this thread is still alive and kicking, I remember when we were the year 10 thread wow. Is Shadab still around?

he is, but he goes by a different name now :mmm: :colonhash:
Original post by tara8000
he is, but he goes by a different name now :mmm: :colonhash:

L'Evil Fish, omg is Dalek still around? With his Gavifloric Equations?
Original post by jamesstewart
Yep, C3, Bio unit 4, Physics unit 4 and chem unit 5 (minus acids because we haven't learned them yet).

Somehow got an A* in physics, which I don't have a predicted A* in, As in chem and bio (1 mark off in chem, dammit) and a D in C3 (lol, I know).

So, alright I guess. Could've been better, but it can always be better eh

How about you?

You did well.

I got
Chemistry-92%
Biology-92%
Religous studies - A ( my teacher only give grade not mark)

So yh, what are you applying for university and where?
It's crazy how everyone here has done so well, I feel I've let down the TSR brand with my AS grades. But I'm trying to work my socks off to bring them up.
You did well.

I got
Chemistry-92%
Biology-92%
Religous studies - A ( my teacher only give grade not mark)

So yh, what are you applying for university and where?

Chemistry at Bristol, Warwick, Oxford, Durham and York. Got Oxford interview next week and offers from Bristol, Warwick and York. Durham taking their time as per usual though, haha...

You?
Ive applied dentistry at bristol, cardiff , plymouth and manchester.

I have been rejected by all the uni's accept manchester.

Im thinking of using my 5th choice to apply chemistry at leeds or queen mary

What did you achieve at AS?
Ive applied dentistry at bristol, cardiff , plymouth and manchester.

I have been rejected by all the uni's accept manchester.

Im thinking of using my 5th choice to apply chemistry at leeds or queen mary

What did you achieve at AS?

Chin up, you'll find somewhere. Using your 5th choice for one of those sounds like a good idea, if you think you'll go to them should they accept you.

I got AAAA at AS, with pretty average UMS. Bio was my best subject and Chem my worst, haha. That gave me predicted A*A*AA
L'Evil Fish, omg is Dalek still around? With his Gavifloric Equations?

yah, but he doesn't comment all that often (dalek)
It's crazy how everyone here has done so well, I feel I've let down the TSR brand with my AS grades. But I'm trying to work my socks off to bring them up.

omg don't feel like that! there is no way that you would have 'let down the brand' !!
relax, you're doing fine :smile:

Niceeeee!
Listened to JP's Damage Control? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkSF32kK9w
Get's me pumped up!:headbang:
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Niceeeee!
Listened to JP's Damage Control? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkSF32kK9w
Get's me pumped up!:headbang:

Of course! I listen to the entire Suspended Animation album! Glad you're liking JP though :lol:
Animate-Inanimate is really nice as well, and some of the more emotional songs like Lost Without You.

If you ever have nothing to listen to, listen to A Change of Seasons :lol: it'll take 23 minutes but so worth :smile:
Off to the train station soon, cba so much. I'd rather be in school:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Off to the train station soon, cba so much. I'd rather be in school:lol:.

But it's a day off school? :dontknow: :lol:

Have you decided on firming Bath then? Are you going to visit it soon?
Original post by Bude8
But it's a day off school? :dontknow: :lol:

Have you decided on firming Bath then? Are you going to visit it soon?

2 days off:tongue:

Pretty much decided on going to Bath unless I really hate it when I visit. I will go eventually:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Some in school, some I did myself. I'll see about that but forget S3 and S4:lol:

Make sure you watch Clannad: After Story (basically S2)

Original post by Bude8
Yup, S2 is a must watch! Though I actually cried at the end of S1 too - but S2 was on a completely different level

:lol: Will do! :biggrin:
Original post by Bude8
I heard decision is incredibly anal :lol:

My friends do D1 and they pretty much described it as such.
I've decided for now that my life goal is to be able to play every song on John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album.
Original post by 고구마
What do you plan to do at uni?
oh yeah and Bath is a lovely place... be sure to visit Fudge Kitchen where they do the most ORGASMIC fudge... unless you don't like fudge :wink:

I should probably be a bit ashamed to admit this, but I have no idea what fudge exactly is.
Original post by Bude8
I should probably be a bit ashamed to admit this, but I have no idea what fudge exactly is.

Fudge is like... Well fudge. I'd compare it to toffee but it's quite different. It's just a sweet, like it has form but it's quite hard? It's hard to explain lol

Latest