The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'd like a nice question about where the nose is located or something
Original post by TotalerReinfall
I'd like a nice question about where the nose is located or something

Then it might be followed up by questions like why it's located there and how is the sensory information carried to and interpreted by the brain...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
Original post by karesade
Has anyone applied to Girton?
I'm feeling a bit lonely :frown:

I did!
Reply 523
Original post by DCMed96
Because Cambridge is a better uni?? :smile:
Cambridge is always the better than the 'other' school. It is an unshakable truth.

But oxford and cambridge are so similar? What nuances differentiate/ make cambridge better than oxford for medicine?
Original post by polikm
I did!

Wohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Finally!
I just paid 240 pounds to get from Heathrow to Girton, and my mom is killing me!
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Finally!
I just paid 240 pounds to get from Heathrow to Girton, and my mom is killing me!

Erm, why? No buses/trains?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SLMS
Hi, sorry to bother you but what extra curricula's did you do? i.e. -did you shadow a doctor etc?
Also, how are you finding the current work load as a med student and why did you choose cambridge and not oxford?

Cambridge is more scientific, and they have an MB/PhD option, which Oxford does not - that's what attracted me most, I'm into research
Original post by RainbowVeins
Then it might be followed up by questions like why it's located there and how is the sensory information carried to and interpreted by the brain...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably say it's a beneficial trait to have a nose on the front of your face because you could smell dangerous things before you walk into them
:frown:
Lets just say... That was awful and I very very highly doubt I will get a place on that performance!!
Original post by KimbyJayne
Lets just say... That was awful and I very very highly doubt I will get a place on that performance!!

The worse it went, the more they pushed you, the more they like you...
So the saying goes anyway, if you felt like your interview was a breeze you're (supposedly) less likely to get a place.

So... DONT WORRY:smile:!
Original post by GuitaringMedic
The worse it went, the more they pushed you, the more they like you...
So the saying goes anyway, if you felt like your interview was a breeze you're (supposedly) less likely to get a place.

So... DONT WORRY:smile:!

Thanks :smile: But all the questions they asked me were biology and I only started my AS this year so haven't done much... And I knew none of the answers :/ My fingers are crossed!!
Thanks :smile: But all the questions they asked me were biology and I only started my AS this year so haven't done much... And I knew none of the answers :/ My fingers are crossed!!

They'll know that and take it into consideration I'm sure! Also, they're far more interested in how you think, not what you know! So don't stress over it.:tongue:
Any downing med applicants who already have had their interview?

what do you mean you just start your AS this year? are you applying for deferred entry or are you international applicant? and which college are you applying?
Original post by DCMed96
what do you mean you just start your AS this year? are you applying for deferred entry or are you international applicant? and which college are you applying?

I did my ALevels and left school in summer 2013. I did maths, f maths, chem and physics... I applied for medicine last year with no luck so to boost my application I decided to do as bio this year so I've only just started it!! Lets just say that I have researched which unis I could apply for very very carefully!!
And I'm applying to Christ's :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by savan_shah96
YEEEESSS!!! JUST GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM TRINITY!!! AAAAH SOO HYPED :eek:

How?!
Don't you think that this is a bit too early!
(edited 9 years ago)
Just had the first of my medicine interviews - I felt they didn't push me enough idk??
How?!
Don't you think that this is a bit too early!

It's a troll.

Original post by aprocrastinator
Just had the first of my medicine interviews - I felt they didn't push me enough idk??

Same here. Just have to wait and see how it turns out in January :smile:
Reply 539
Original post by aprocrastinator

What do you mean? As in the questions they asked you weren't very hard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending