The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benq
Congratulations! I also hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature, but it is only a B in Philosophy A-level (got 2 As already). What did you apply for at UCL? Also, is Bristol really better than Warwick, or is it just a personal preference?

Excellent - congratulations to you as well :smile:

For UCL, I've applied for English Q300. Originally, I was going to apply for English everywhere, but I've fallen in love with Philosophy, so all my applications other than UCL are now English/Philosophy. I don't think Bristol is any better than Warwick to be honest with you - it's all a matter of preference. I'd say in terms of prestige they're equal. The only reasons I slightly favour Bristol is because it's a fairly big city and I'm from a big city myself (Sheffield) and I'd be a bit worried about being stuck in a Campus uni for 3 years with only Coventry to go to. Bristol also slightly edged it for me in terms of the atmosphere/feel it gave me.

That said, I still think Warwick is absolutely amazing and the on-site facilities are second-to-none. I also like the fact that the English/Philosophy is a properly integrated course unlike Bristol.

Where else have you applied?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Ive applied for Q300 at all of my choices, I had my Cambridge interview today and didn't think it went brilliantly, especially the comparative essay. Im now getting more nervous about Warwick and UCL because I have heard nothing from them and Warwick is my first choice
Reply 322
Original post by The Nightingale
Excellent - congratulations to you as well :smile:

For UCL, I've applied for English Q300. Originally, I was going to apply for English everywhere, but I've fallen in love with Philosophy, so all my applications other than UCL are now English/Philosophy. I don't think Bristol is any better than Warwick to be honest with you - it's all a matter of preference. I'd say in terms of prestige they're equal. The only reasons I slightly favour Bristol is because it's a fairly big city and I'm from a big city myself (Sheffield) and I'd be a bit worried about being stuck in a Campus uni for 3 years with only Coventry to go to. Bristol also slightly edged it for me in terms of the atmosphere/feel it gave me.

That said, I still think Warwick is absolutely amazing and the on-site facilities are second-to-none. I also like the fact that the English/Philosophy is a properly integrated course unlike Bristol.

Where else have you applied?

Yes, the course at Warwick is indeed excellently integrated. Furthermore, there are many continental philosophy modules at Warwick, which unlike analytic ones combine well with literature in general.

Apart from Warwick, I have applied to LSE, KCL, and UCL for pure philosophy, and KCL for liberal arts. So far I have heard only from Warwick, but then again my application was sent off last week. Will you give up philosophy if UCL takes you? :smile:
Got an offer for BSc in Maths but I've realised I would prefer doing MMaths would it be possible to change it if I get into Warwick?
Reply 324
Original post by apple cakes
Got an offer for BSc in Maths but I've realised I would prefer doing MMaths would it be possible to change it if I get into Warwick?

Yes, it is very easy from what I've heard :smile:
Original post by Becky29
Got an offer for Biochemistry :smile: so happy!

what were your predicted grades?
got an offer for MORSE !! - A*AA and have to take STEP :frown:
Got an offer after exactly 2 weeks.
Original post by than4711

That must be annoying.
Did they specify which paper you should take also what do they want you to get in Step?
I have an offer for Economics L100 A*AA 😊
That must be annoying.
Did they specify which paper you should take also what do they want you to get in Step?

:rolleyes: i misread their offer letter. i should be either A*AA ( A* in maths ) or AAA ( with 2 in STEP)
Their typical offer is A*AA ( With 1 in Step ) , so that means i got a bit lower offer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:rolleyes: i misread their offer letter. i should be either A*AA ( A* in maths ) or AAA ( with 2 in STEP)
Their typical offer is A*AA ( With 1 in Step ) , so that means i got a bit lower offer :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nice you're lucky, my offer is A*AA 1 in step or A*A*A 2 in step. Do you still plan on doing step?
Nice you're lucky, my offer is A*AA 1 in step or A*A*A 2 in step. Do you still plan on doing step?

I havent heard back from all of my choices, but my college doesnt teach STEP and they doesnt know how to sign up either. Do you think we can do it without being taught?
:confused::confused:
Are you going to WArwick next year too?
I havent heard back from all of my choices, but my college doesnt teach STEP and they doesnt know how to sign up either. Do you think we can do it without being taught?
:confused::confused:
Are you going to WArwick next year too?

Our school don't teach it aswell sadly so I'll have to do it on my own, it should be possible to do it on your own but will be quite difficult as there will be no guidance. Talk to your schools exam officer to find out if they can enter your for step if not tell him/her you need to take it and if they can help you to be entered, if not there is always external exams centres where you can do it but you'll obviously have to pay. If I don't get an offer from UCL Warwick will be my firm so there is a chance I may go to Warwick :smile:
Our school don't teach it aswell sadly so I'll have to do it on my own, it should be possible to do it on your own but will be quite difficult as there will be no guidance. Talk to your schools exam officer to find out if they can enter your for step if not tell him/her you need to take it and if they can help you to be entered, if not there is always external exams centres where you can do it but you'll obviously have to pay. If I don't get an offer from UCL Warwick will be my firm so there is a chance I may go to Warwick :smile:

:eek: I''m waiting for UCL too, and it will be my firm if i got into their Economics L100

I have an offer for MORSE too! Will it be your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nush1597
I have an offer for MORSE too! Will it be your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mad::mad: i''m an international student and i''ve just received their letter, states that my tuition for morse will be 20,180 pounds/year :mad::mad::mad: , i remember last year was 13000-14000smt. :mad:
now i cannot firm warwick anymore :frown:
:mad::mad: i''m an international student and i''ve just received their letter, states that my tuition for morse will be 20,180 pounds/year :mad::mad::mad: , i remember last year was 13000-14000smt. :mad:

Wow that's ridiculous :/ what country are you from may I ask?

Damn that really sucks £20000 is way to much how are people meant to afford that bloody crazy
Original post by rachlily
Wow that's ridiculous :/ what country are you from may I ask?

I'm from Vietnam :biggrin: are you an international student too ?
Paying 7000pounds/year for international to study in a 6th form state school like me was really expensive, my parents have to save a lot of money. Looking at that 20000 pounds tuition fees of my warwick offer is killing me:frown:
A*A*A offer for Maths!! A*AA if I get a 1 in STEP :biggrin:

THRILLED! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending