The Student Room Group

The Flash - Discussion Thread

Hello Everyone,
I'm hooked to this show! On every Tuesday at 8 on Sky1, 6 episodes aired in the UK so far, 2 weeks ahead in the USA. First Season will consist of 23 episodes. Everyone welcome to share their thought on this series:smile:

Here are the trailers:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i0irfjqJghc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nhPrKMaVe9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Main Characters:

Barry Allen/Flash played by Grant Gustin

Dr Caitilin Snow played by Danielle Panabaker

Joe West played by Jesse L. Martin

Iris West played by Candice Patton

Dr Harrison Wells played by Tom Cavanagh

Cisco Ramon played by Carlos Valdes

Eddie Thawne played by Rick Cosnett

Season 1
Episode 1 : Pilot
Episode 2 : Fastest Man Alive
Episode 3 : Things You Can't Outrun
Episode 4 : Going Rouge
Episode 5 : Plastique
Episode 6 : The Flash Is Born
Episode 7 : Power Outage
Episode 8 : Flash vs. Arrow
Episode 9 : The Man in the Yellow Suit
Episode 10: Revenge of the Rogues
Episode 11: The Sound and the Fury
Episode 12: Crazy for You
Episode 13: The Nuclear Man
Episode 14: Fallout
Episode 15: Out of Time
Episode 16: Rogue Time
Episode 17: Tricksters
Episode 18: All Star Team Up
Episode 19: Who Is Harrison Wells?
Episode 20: The Trap
Episode 21: Grodd Lives
Episode 22: Rogue Air
Episode 23: Fast Enough
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Love The Flash & Arrow. The crossover was great fun! :biggrin: Won't post any spoilers as not sure if this thread is UK or US pace.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Love The Flash & Arrow. The crossover was great fun! :biggrin: Won't post any spoilers as not sure if this thread is UK or US pace.

It's a UK thread:smile:
I have watched Arrow religiously from the beginning but I do not enjoy The Flash. It is decent enough to watch when there is no alternative but I miss the darkness of Arrow when I watch it. The two main selling points to me of Arrow are the story on the Island and the darkness of the show. I really hope they do not intertwine the shows too much meaning you have to watch The Flash to keep up to date with Arrow. Arrow, for me, is the best superhero related television show to date. It has set the bar for these type of shows.
Original post by Pseudocode
I have watched Arrow religiously from the beginning but I do not enjoy The Flash. It is decent enough to watch when there is no alternative but I miss the darkness of Arrow when I watch it. The two main selling points to me of Arrow are the story on the Island and the darkness of the show. I really hope they do not intertwine the shows too much meaning you have to watch The Flash to keep up to date with Arrow. Arrow, for me, is the best superhero related television show to date. It has set the bar for these type of shows.

I think they will keep it like they've done so far with the shows existing as separate entities but occasional character crossovers that don't really affect any overarching storylines. The shows have different audience demographics in America (Arrow's viewers are on average older than The Flash's) so they won't want to isolate any viewers/cause confusion. I love Arrow for all the reasons you've said but love The Flash for being just a good, lighthearted, fun superhero show which we've never really seen done well before.
I think they will keep it like they've done so far with the shows existing as separate entities but occasional character crossovers that don't really affect any overarching storylines. The shows have different audience demographics in America (Arrow's viewers are on average older than The Flash's) so they won't want to isolate any viewers/cause confusion. I love Arrow for all the reasons you've said but love The Flash for being just a good, lighthearted, fun superhero show which we've never really seen done well before.

I think I'll give The Flash another go then to be honest. Maybe I just should try and watch it from another angle and try not compare it too much to Arrow.
Enjoyed today's episode. Dr Wells is full of mystery...
Reply 7
I love this show though I like Arrow more. 9 episodes and the identity of Reverse Flash is still a mystery
Original post by muf_mur
I love this show though I like Arrow more. 9 episodes and the identity of Reverse Flash is still a mystery

I think The Flash's first episodes have been stronger than Arrow's first episodes were; Arrow took a little while to find its groove in my opinion. That said, I prefer Arrow at the moment but hopefully The Flash will get to be as good as Arrow as time goes on. Arrow really picked up when Felicity joined the cast for me.
Reply 9
I think The Flash's first episodes have been stronger than Arrow's first episodes were; Arrow took a little while to find its groove in my opinion. That said, I prefer Arrow at the moment but hopefully The Flash will get to be as good as Arrow as time goes on. Arrow really picked up when Felicity joined the cast for me.

Yeah Felicity really made a difference.Way better than Laurel.
is this show good? what channel is it on? i have sky tv...
Original post by scrawlx101
is this show good? what channel is it on? i have sky tv...

Well, I find the show interesting, you can always watch an episode and decide for yourself and it's on sky1
They could have at least made Barry a blonde. Mediocre show but I'll still watch the upcoming episodes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inspiration109
Well, I find the show interesting, you can always watch an episode and decide for yourself and it's on sky1

is sky1 free?
is sky1 free?

Yup, 217 or 106 for HD
The crossover was epic!
And I'm guessing Ronnie's not dead?
Excited for next week
Original post by inspiration109
Yup, 217 or 106 for HD

wheres gotham and arrow aswell? need to series link all of them :smile:
wheres gotham and arrow aswell? need to series link all of them :smile:

Gotham is on channel 5 & Arrow is on Sky1 with its spinoff The Flash. :smile:
Best quote from flash: "my mother was killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. But then an accident made me the impossible"... epic
(edited 9 years ago)
So, Ronnie's alive, Dr Wells is the bad guy and there was someone like The Flash the day Barry's mum died, but where is he now?
So many mysteries, will have to wait till next year to find out!
Next episode will be aired on Jan 20th in USA, wonder if it'll be the same in the UK?

Anyways, wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest