The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazza ma razza
Currently doing ch 6 (i have done ch1,2,3 already) after i finish chapter 6 of C4 i will then go and finish of ch 4 and 5 of FP2 else i will hammer out S3 and S4. And yourself, whats your current standing?

I've done ch 1, 2 and 3 for FP2. It was to my understanding you needed chapters 4 & 5 to do six. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Someone hoping will create one by Jan-February time when everyone generally begins learning Core 4.

My class has already finished it. I find integration and vectors a bit difficult. Are you doing s2 by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Is anyone doing D1? A lot of people in my school last year got a C, any tips? I would like an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abel Demoz
I've done ch 1, 2 and 3 for FP2. It was to my understanding you needed chapters 4 & 5 to do six. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope - just to be able to differentiate trig stuff to do ch6, you need intergration to do ch 4 and 5 apparently:smile:
All aboard the C3 train...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
Nope - just to be able to differentiate trig stuff to do ch6, you need intergration to do ch 4 and 5 apparently:smile:

Excellent! I was dreading 4&5 but I'll just delay it a bit further. I'll get started on 6 tomorrow, you've made my day :smile:. What is ch 6 about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
Is anyone doing D1? A lot of people in my school last year got a C, any tips? I would like an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Apply the algorithms precisely.
2. Make sure that your teacher marks your homework and practice papers and is stroppy about how you answer questions. It's the only module where I've thought that I have to mark all of my students' work.
Original post by Itsmonique
My class has already finished it. I find integration and vectors a bit difficult. Are you doing s2 by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your class is going really quick. Are you doing Further maths by any chance?

The general norm I would assume is:

C3: Sep-Dec
C4: Jan-Early April.
Applied module: Nov-March.

I'm studying M1 for my applied module since I study Physics. Wbu? What subjects do you study? :smile:
Is FP1 more difficult than C4 or the other way around? :redface:
Is FP1 more difficult than C4 or the other way around? :redface:

C4 is much more difficult than FP1.

I'm studying M1 for my applied module since I study Physics. Wbu? What subjects do you study? :smile:

Yes, I know. I have two teachers and they both teach at a quick pace. So it can be quite stressful trying to catch up with the work. We literally finished C4 in 2 months, which is why I find it more difficult than C3. With c3 we actually took our time, whereas they completely rushed through c4. I'm definetly

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm not doing further maths. My subjects are maths, chemistry and psychology. I'm doing s2 because my teacher finds it easy, she loves statistics, and the people in my class who did further maths said that d1 is easy, but it's boring which is why people tend to make silly mistakes and end up doing badly in d1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmonique
No, I'm not doing further maths. My subjects are maths, chemistry and psychology. I'm doing s2 because my teacher finds it easy, she loves statistics, and the people in my class who did further maths said that d1 is easy, but it's boring which is why people tend to make silly mistakes and end up doing badly in d1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, two months learning C4 seems rather rushed and it would have been better off to use a longer time parameter to understand the topics fully. However, if you understand everything than that's perfect; It just means more time for past papers.

What's your easiest/difficult subject out of the 3?
I heard a lot that S2 is a really easy module out of the 3 abstract maths modules.
D1 seems rather dull but M1 seems to be the most engaging and fun module to teach for teachers but I'm biased.

The sad yet motivating realisation by the time you get to C4 is that it is the hardest module A level maths can possibly be. These two years in A levels have flown by ever so quick. :tongue:
Anybody realised this?

There is 4 months left of teaching and then it's back to exam period to close this A level chapter :gasp::shock:
Anybody realised this?

There is 4 months left of teaching and then it's back to exam period to close this A level chapter :gasp::shock:

Exam is in June so you might still get taught in May to make it 5 months! Exciting though

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've finished c3. Im still hating trig even tho I got 95% in my mock :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, two months learning C4 seems rather rushed and it would have been better off to use a longer time parameter to understand the topics fully. However, if you understand everything than that's perfect; It just means more time for past papers.

What's your easiest/difficult subject out of the 3?
I heard a lot that S2 is a really easy module out of the 3 abstract maths modules.
D1 seems rather dull but M1 seems to be the most engaging and fun module to teach for teachers but I'm biased.

The sad yet motivating realisation by the time you get to C4 is that it is the hardest module A level maths can possibly be. These two years in A levels have flown by ever so quick. :tongue:

Lol we learnt it in 4 weeks haha. We did m2 last year in 3 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Hi guys, I'm self teaching myself A2 maths (I've done my a levels and only did AS maths, so decided to pick it up again in my year out)

It's taken me a month to finish C3, am I going at the right pace?

When do you guys start C4 or the applied module?

How long will it take you?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
Exam is in June so you might still get taught in May to make it 5 months! Exciting though

Posted from TSR Mobile

May is during the period of AS exams so I doubt it. Most the C4/M1 material would have been covered before the late April study leave to ensure enough time for a mock as well.
So in reality we have Approx 4 months left :frown: :O
Original post by zuzu096
Hi guys, I'm self teaching myself A2 maths (I've done my a levels and only did AS maths, so decided to pick it up again in my year out)

It's taken me a month to finish C3, am I going at the right pace?

When do you guys start C4 or the applied module?

How long will it take you?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college has just finished teaching us C3 now. We have a C3 mock exam planned after the xmas holiday, so your going at the right pace. I would suggest to start doing past papers over the Christmas holidays so your fully aware of the identities etc by the time you start C4 material.

We started M1 in Nov and would finish it by latest March alongside while we learn C4.

C3: Sep-Dec.
C4: Jan-April.

Latest

Trending

Trending