The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Bugger, Man City away again! We've been dying for a good cup draw for years then we get the same match twice. We'll have our wheels taken off again.
Afc wimbledon play liverpool at home what is going on this is awesome!!!!
Ah Millwall away.......not a great draw, should be fun on the way down to the Den ha ha :biggrin:
Original post by IMBCFC
Ah Millwall away.......not a great draw, should be fun on the way down to the Den ha ha :biggrin:

Good luck! What are your predictions for Saturday's game against the mighty Spireites? How many City fans should we expect?
Original post by joddcfc
Good luck! What are your predictions for Saturday's game against the mighty Spireites? How many City fans should we expect?

Well I will be giving it a miss :frown:. I would say around 1500-2000 should turn up. Right well we have been coming around well in the league but I would 1-0 to Chesterfield.

Hope Chesterfield have employed different stewards for the away end last time they were too harsh. Did you hear about that incident ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Well I will be giving it a miss :frown:. I would say around 1500-2000 should turn up. Right well we have been coming around well in the league but I would 1-0 to Chesterfield.

Hope Chesterfield have employed different stewards for the away end last time they were too harsh. Did you hear about that incident ?

Yeah - an isolated incident I guess. You get the odd idiotic steward at most grounds, although I guess that it was more than one that was heavy handed, and perhaps a few Bantams didn't help. Anyway, I'm going 2-1 Chesterfield - I'm hoping today's FA Cup debacle hasn't weakened team morale.
Out of all the cups 2 weeks before Christmas, congrats Pressley.
Original post by Midlander
Out of all the cups 2 weeks before Christmas, congrats Pressley.

Bristol City away was always going to be a defeat to be fair. Heard you should have had a penalty, though.
Original post by Mackay
Bristol City away was always going to be a defeat to be fair. Heard you should have had a penalty, though.

By all accounts Bristol were ****e and we were in control before gifting 2 goals away. So many soft goals conceded this season and last night no exception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm a massive Barnet supporter too. I refuse to buy Fifa until they get back into the Football League, though it's looking likely this season, as it's more fun playing as a League 2 team.
Original post by PetrosAC
I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm a massive Barnet supporter too. I refuse to buy Fifa until they get back into the Football League, though it's looking likely this season, as it's more fun playing as a League 2 team.

There's another Barnet fan around here somewhere

Are you from Barnet or Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you from Barnet or Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from North London, and my dad lives in Barnet, but I don't actually live in Barnet. I'm closer to Tottenham in terms of distance.
I'm from North London, and my dad lives in Barnet, but I don't actually live in Barnet. I'm closer to Tottenham in terms of distance.

So how did the Liverpool connection come about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how did the Liverpool connection come about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Dad's uncle was a Liverpool fan (for whatever reason) and he convinced my Dad as a kid to switch from West Ham to Liverpool (this was in the 70's, so it wasn't too hard to convince my Dad) and then I was brought up as a Liverpool fan all my life.
My Dad's uncle was a Liverpool fan (for whatever reason) and he convinced my Dad as a kid to switch from West Ham to Liverpool (this was in the 70's, so it wasn't too hard to convince my Dad) and then I was brought up as a Liverpool fan all my life.

Glory hunting passed down from generation to generation, a very special thing.
Glory hunting passed down from generation to generation, a very special thing.

Hardly glory hunting mate. I've been a Liverpool fan all my life. I sat and cried during the 2005 Champions League Final (mind you, I was 8). We've hardly been glorious in my life time, so how I'm a glory hunter, I do not know.
Hardly glory hunting mate. I've been a Liverpool fan all my life. I sat and cried during the 2005 Champions League Final (mind you, I was 8). We've hardly been glorious in my life time, so how I'm a glory hunter, I do not know.

Glory hunter or not, you can't say Liverpool have hardly been glorious in your lifetime. When was the last time they weren't in a decent position in the premiership?

Try 15 years of decline in the lower leagues :lol:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Glory hunter or not, you can't say Liverpool have hardly been glorious in your lifetime. When was the last time they weren't in a decent position in the premiership?

Try 15 years of decline in the lower leagues :lol:

Okay, fair enough. But in my lifetime, Liverpool have been a shadow of what we were. If I were a glory hunter, I'd be a Chelsea fan, or Manchester City.
People can support whoever the **** they want. Welcome to the thread as a Barnet supporter, even though you're the lesser Bees. I don't care that you also support Liverpool as this is the football league thread but I don't resent you for doing so.

I'm glad to see Barnet top of the Conference, I've always had a soft spot for them due to my Grandad being from around there and a few good Brentford youth games at Underhill.

Quick Reply

Latest