The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hi folks,

Had my first invite from any Uni yesterday. Going to Warwick on the afternoon of March 19th.

My UKCAT was 717.5 (VR 680) and I'm an English & Creative Writing graduate with a 2.1.
Original post by santi_92
Well done man! You deserve this.

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. My interview email arrived around lunch time.

For those interested, my stats are:
1st Biomedical Science
MSc pending
720 ukcat 650 VR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask what your A level grades were?
My stats are similar to yours

My VR score was 630, BBB at A levels, 1st in Biomed and MSc pending.

Warwick said we cant ask for feedback which is a shame, i really want to know why I missed out on an interview!
Original post by Cravez
Can I ask what your A level grades were?
My stats are similar to yours

My VR score was 630, BBB at A levels, 1st in Biomed and MSc pending.

Warwick said we cant ask for feedback which is a shame, i really want to know why I missed out on an interview!

I've sent you a private message :smile:
Reply 363
Where did you guys find out Warwick are doing MMI this year? The interview email doesn't seem to have anything on it!
Original post by ilem
Where did you guys find out Warwick are doing MMI this year? The interview email doesn't seem to have anything on it!

On the email the link you click on to book the interview, there's another section called important info or something and it's there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Original post by Going_To_California
On the email the link you click on to book the interview, there's another section called important info or something and it's there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh found it, thanks :smile:

10min stations are quite unusual for MMI, they're usually shorter.
Reply 366
Heya guys,

Can anyone who has done the work experience form let me know how many spaces they have to enter information? I have got in touch with my major work and volunteering placements to ask for references but I also have a number of smaller placements which I think are important but that also carry fewer hours but may be more relevant.

I'm also emailing to find out when they collect references (as I don't want to lose my current job before getting a firm offer for medicine and we have redundancies going on) and I'll let you all know when I have a response.

Edit: Please ignore the above, having re-read the guidance there is space for 5 experiences and if these total 70 hours then you don't need to add any more but can use them as examples for interview. If you need to add more then you can email them across. Feeling very relieved that the work experience form indicates that they consider person centred work experience as well as NHS (non patient care) centred work experience to be relevant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by M150
Heya guys,

Can anyone who has done the work experience form let me know how many spaces they have to enter information? I have got in touch with my major work and volunteering placements to ask for references but I also have a number of smaller placements which I think are important but that also carry fewer hours but may be more relevant.

I'm also emailing to find out when they collect references (as I don't want to lose my current job before getting a firm offer for medicine and we have redundancies going on) and I'll let you all know when I have a response.

Edit: Please ignore the above, having re-read the guidance there is space for 5 experiences and if these total 70 hours then you don't need to add any more but can use them as examples for interview. If you need to add more then you can email them across. Feeling very relieved that the work experience form indicates that they consider person centred work experience as well as NHS (non patient care) centred work experience to be relevant.

Same here! And thanks for sending the email. I'm in a similar position and have not told anyone at the office about my plans... The stress never seems to end!
Reply 368
hey is anyone else using first aid (Red Cross/St Johns etc) as part of their work experience? If so what are you including in your hours? Are you only including duties or are you including weekly centre meetings and training too?
Reply 369
Original post by nug
hey is anyone else using first aid (Red Cross/St Johns etc) as part of their work experience? If so what are you including in your hours? Are you only including duties or are you including weekly centre meetings and training too?

Not sure if this helps, but I'm planning to include the training I did for my hospice volunteering. In many ways it was more valuable than some of the hospice work itself.

Anyone else planning to include training as part of their 70 hours?
Reply 370
Original post by liberteam
Same here! And thanks for sending the email. I'm in a similar position and have not told anyone at the office about my plans... The stress never seems to end!

I reckon it probably a relatively common problem for older applicants. Especially as work is cutting 20% of jobs and I may have to apply for my own role in any case.
Reply 371
Original post by nug

Heya,

I'm planning to put mine down. I've been with St John for nearly a year and I'm still waiting for my bloody manual handling! Will also be putting down the time I spend helping out with the Badgers.

PS - My interview is at 2.15pm on Friday 20 March Nug, am I right in thinking I will see you there?
Reply 372
Original post by M150
Heya,

I'm planning to put mine down. I've been with St John for nearly a year and I'm still waiting for my bloody manual handling! Will also be putting down the time I spend helping out with the Badgers.

PS - My interview is at 2.15pm on Friday 20 March Nug, am I right in thinking I will see you there?

I think I will include all the center meetings and training as it’s all useful stuff and without we couldn’t do our roles. I have enough hours without it but I think more can only help!

And yup I’m booked for the 20th at 2:15 so will see you there :biggrin:

Does anyone know how many of us will be at each slot? I’m thinking if there are 6 stations - would that mean only 6 candidates?
Hello,

I will include my training hours as social care worker for young adults with mental illness. As you all said, it was all very useful.

I have also see that the form mentions things such as scout leader. Do you reckon that being a ski instructor would count? I was in charge of children (incl. their safety) and did some first aid training...
Original post by JNHE
Not sure if this helps, but I'm planning to include the training I did for my hospice volunteering. In many ways it was more valuable than some of the hospice work itself.

Anyone else planning to include training as part of their 70 hours?

oh jeez I had to do like 20 hours training for my position in the nhs..you dont think its cheeky to include that do you?
Reply 375
Original post by ceciafb
oh jeez I had to do like 20 hours training for my position in the nhs..you dont think its cheeky to include that do you?

No, I think it's valid.
Somewhat worried about not being able to get in touch with the surgeon where I did hospital work exp but I've got well over 70 hours exp from the hospice. Does it matter if I only out the hospice down?
Original post by ilem
Ahh found it, thanks :smile:

10min stations are quite unusual for MMI, they're usually shorter.

Oh wow - MMIs are a major change for WMS, although not overdue. Do you know any more information? They're 10 minutes each, do they say how many stations or what they will cover? Do they still tell you to book out half a day for the interview?

There won't be any first-year or second-year med students on campus at this point; it's the first week of Easter break (I suspect this is entirely intentional on behalf of WMS).
Reply 378
Original post by ranelagh75
Oh wow - MMIs are a major change for WMS, although not overdue. Do you know any more information? They're 10 minutes each, do they say how many stations or what they will cover? Do they still tell you to book out half a day for the interview?

There won't be any first-year or second-year med students on campus at this point; it's the first week of Easter break (I suspect this is entirely intentional on behalf of WMS).

There are 6 stations in total, meaning we'll be interviewed for an hour straight. Sincerely hoping they'll have many ethical scenarios else I might run out of things to talk about :tongue:
got rejected :frown:

shame they pull out this VR stunt after applying :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending