The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Speaking of Shigeki no Kyojin, has anyone seen Shingeki no Moe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just the name sounds like its going to bizarre lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't even heard of any of them :/
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Just the name sounds like its going to bizarre lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's a still from it:

Spoiler

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I posted lists of my favourite opening and ending themes of the year on my blog, as a warmup before my favourite series list, which I'll probably post nearer the end of the month when all the series due to end this season are over.

The With Craft Works ED is glorious; I didn't watch the show but for some reason listened to the song and it's great. & Free! ES definitely made up for a fairly bland OP with its ED. Hadn't heard any of the others on your lists. :tongue:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
The With Craft Works ED is glorious; I didn't watch the show but for some reason listened to the song and it's great. & Free! ES definitely made up for a fairly bland OP with its ED. Hadn't heard any of the others on your lists. :tongue:

Most of the feedback I've had so far is that I should've rated the Witch Craft Works ED higher. And I'm starting to agree, the more I listen to it again, the more I like it. :p:
Reply 8285
I'm glad this thread is about manga too :blush:
(As a bit of a background, I started watching anime since I was very little and only got into manga when I started high school, but it's my main 'hobby' now, anime take more time -totally different when it comes to action packed series, those are awesome as anime and wouldn't change them for anything!! :drool:)

Anyways, I read a large array of genres. I wanted to ask you guys if you've got any seinen manga to recommend. Some of my favs are: Suicide Island, Onepunch-Man (this one-no words lmfao), Homunculus, Kiseijuu (fav seinen by far). Any manga similar to this would be nice :smile: I'll search myself too, just thought would post here because you never know. Or if you know any shoujo, comedy (slapstick maybe) or tragedy that are especially nice, I'd like those too, but I have read my fair share of shoujo so I know many of them. Even if you don't have any recommendations, just say hi or mention some anime :biggrin: would be nice to talk to aomeone about these.
Original post by iama
I'm glad this thread is about manga too :blush:
(As a bit of a background, I started watching anime since I was very little and only got into manga when I started high school, but it's my main 'hobby' now, anime take more time -totally different when it comes to action packed series, those are awesome as anime and wouldn't change them for anything!! :drool:)

Anyways, I read a large array of genres. I wanted to ask you guys if you've got any seinen manga to recommend. Some of my favs are: Suicide Island, Onepunch-Man (this one-no words lmfao), Homunculus, Kiseijuu (fav seinen by far). Any manga similar to this would be nice :smile: I'll search myself too, just thought would post here because you never know. Or if you know any shoujo, comedy (slapstick maybe) or tragedy that are especially nice, I'd like those too, but I have read my fair share of shoujo so I know many of them. Even if you don't have any recommendations, just say hi or mention some anime :biggrin: would be nice to talk to aomeone about these.

Hello, welcome to the society :yeah:

Hmm how about

Deep Love - Ayu no Monogatari (short but ending was good)
Gantz (good but gets a bit stupid after 200 chapters or so)
Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (romance with a twist)
Shadow Star Narutaru :ninja:

oh and Onani Master Kurosawa for the jokes :awesome:
Reply 8287
Original post by eugenius 8
Hello, welcome to the society :yeah:

Hmm how about

Deep Love - Ayu no Monogatari (short but ending was good)
Gantz (good but gets a bit stupid after 200 chapters or so)
Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (romance with a twist)
Shadow Star Narutaru :ninja:

oh and Onani Master Kurosawa for the jokes :awesome:

Thank you for having me :biggrin:

I'll check those out starting tomorrow~. Haha, anything funny would be cool, some manga just crack me up and I love it so much
OMG THE CENSORING ON TERRA FORMS IS SOOOOOO STUPID!
spoiler alert!

Spoiler

There is an uncensored version up.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
There is an uncensored version up.

Yep lol I watched some of them, pretty interesting and enjoyable to say the least :biggrin:
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Yep lol I watched some of them, pretty interesting and enjoyable to say the least :biggrin:

Its kinda slow though, especially since there is supposed to be 12 episodes. Those 3 eps involving Adolf were long.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Its kinda slow though, especially since there is supposed to be 12 episodes. Those 3 eps involving Adolf were long.

I am on episode 10/11 now think.
It's very similar to shinegki but I don't think it's executed anywhere as good as that was done by production IG
There's still only a few series that I've watched where the ending has actually not disappointed me, they always feel rushed or I end up confused, I don't know if it's just me though.

Toradora is always rated really high so I thought I'd give it a try, I quite liked it until it felt like it ended abruptly, I watch a lot of romancey type stuff so it might be limited to just those.
Original post by Infan2a
There's still only a few series that I've watched where the ending has actually not disappointed me, they always feel rushed or I end up confused, I don't know if it's just me though.

Toradora is always rated really high so I thought I'd give it a try, I quite liked it until it felt like it ended abruptly, I watch a lot of romancey type stuff so it might be limited to just those.

I haven't watched toradora but Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood ending amazingly IMO. Naruto had an okay... ending. God, Gantz messed it up so badly. You don't even know. Trust me. Steins;gate had an amazing ending too. Fate/stay night UBW remake is going to have an AMAZING, if not sad, ending.

It's pretty much hit and miss.
Original post by Infan2a

This is why I prefer original anime rather than those based on manga and light novels. Nothing worse than a terrible, rushed anime-original ending. (Except maybe when it just ends randomly with no resolution whatsoever)
Been watching cross ange definetely a suprise anime and up there this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good sports anime?
Original post by Red Fox
Good sports anime?

If it's recommendations you want, the first to spring to my mind are:

Cross Game (Baseball)

Giant Killing (Football)

Haikyuu!! (Volleyball)

Yowamushi Pedal (Cycling)

Chihayafuru (Karuta)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
If it's recommendations you want, the first to spring to my mind are: