The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

I think I'd die of a heart attack if I ever got above 90.
My highest in undergrad for something that needed articulate writing was 87% (if I recall correctly.. or 82% no idea. But in the 80s). I basically gasped and couldn't believe it.

Now I'm sitting in the library, reading some paper about HIV and asking myself if this is even still English.
Man, three exams. I need to learn calculations and serial dilutions again. **** viruses. I hate you.
Get ready for a long, long rant!
Finished my essay and emailed it to my lecturer. Fine, I hope that the essay will get me a high B. It's worth 20%.
Got a C in the first essay worth 40%, I don't know which class of a C though. :mad:
As I was emailing that lecturer, I noticed that another one of the module lecturers emailed me the grade of that second essay also 40%. Got a B3. At least it's slightly better than a C!

I really need to start focusing on French, German and Marketing now. I haven't even started revising for German yet. (Watching last Sunday's Tatort and Lindenstrasse doesn't count! :tongue:) I have loved German this semester, I have been working really hard at it. I managed to get an A1 in my German literature essay, (I'd never done a 1,500 word essay in German before and I was really proud of that essay!), a B1 in my grammar mid term and my lecturer told me that my oral exam was brilliant. I also got an A1 in my group oral presentation. At least in German, my hard work actually pays off! :smile:

French is the other love of my life. Got an A1 in my literature essay, B1 in my Cover Letter and CV test, my group Oral presentation went really well but I messed up my grammar mid terms. I barely passed them. :frown: At least I can learn from my mistakes and improve for the final exam! :smile:

As for marketing, that's my next exam and I'm behind in my revision for it. I got a B2 in my Marketing Group Report and Presentation. It was worth 50% so I have a lot of work to do to improve that grade!

Sorry, for the rant everybody! I just need to write my current progress down somewhere. I have been working really hard this semester. It's really frustrating when not all of my grades reflect that. :frown:
Original post by addylad
No need to apologise; I cringe on your behalf every time you post anyway. Samual, isn't it?

Seriously, this has already been debated at length, with you, to death. Perhaps you need to just let it go, or find a new pursuit? You seem to be getting really nettled by it.

Your interpretation is correct! Given that my named degree was BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences, and I explicitly state that I have transferred 180/360 credits, most sober people have little difficulty figuring out how it works.

I have never debated this with you. We have crossed swords on the issue of the OU giving out multiple qualifications, but that isn't the same thing at all. Which posts in particular do you cringe at? I had no idea you followed me.

No it isn't correct, in fact it makes no sense - having been enrolled on a BSc degree does not entitle you to use it. You will regret doing this when a future employer asks why you lied on your CV. :sadnod:
Original post by Snufkin
I have never debated this with you. We have crossed swords on the issue of the OU giving out multiple qualifications, but that isn't the same thing at all. Which posts in particular do you cringe at? I had no idea you followed me.

No it isn't correct, in fact it makes no sense - having been enrolled on a BSc degree does not entitle you to use it. You will regret doing this when a future employer asks why you lied on your CV. :sadnod:

You haven't seen my CV so how the devil would you know? In fact, you are the one who makes no sense. The name of the degree is just that. I clearly state the credits obtained on that course.

Funnily enough the large multinational I work for understood my situation perfectly. Perhaps this is why you are on here obsessing over my credentials; jealousy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
You haven't seen my CV so how the devil would you know? In fact, you are the one who makes no sense. The name of the degree is just that. I clearly state the credits obtained on that course.

Funnily enough the large multinational I work for understood my situation perfectly. Perhaps this is why you are on here obsessing over my credentials; jealousy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have seen it (it is on the link in your sig). You still haven't explained why you think it is acceptable to claim a qualification you didn't complete. You seem to think that this is usual practice and everyone in your situation would do the same thing, but they wouldn't. Sooner or later an employer will take you up on it. As for me being jealous, that is plain ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Original post by addylad
x

Original post by Snufkin
x

If possible, could you bring this discussion to PM as I can't see it ending well :erm:
Original post by Slowbro93
If possible, could you bring this discussion to PM as I can't see it ending well :erm:

:dry: Not much point, I think the discussion is pretty much over.
Last exam today! The one I'm least prepared for :redface: psychology - 80 multiple choice and an essay. Already have a B average for the other half of the module so hoping to get a B/C overall, I don't really mind as I'm only taking it this semester and just want it over with honestly, not my bag at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woke up to a really sad message this morning :frown: feeling quite upset atm :cry2:
Original post by Vitamin D
Last exam today! The one I'm least prepared for :redface: psychology - 80 multiple choice and an essay. Already have a B average for the other half of the module so hoping to get a B/C overall, I don't really mind as I'm only taking it this semester and just want it over with honestly, not my bag at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!!

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Woke up to a really sad message this morning :frown: feeling quite upset atm :cry2:

:frown:
:hugs:

hope you're okay :hugs: if you need to chat, pm's always open :smile: xx
going out tonight and gonna get so drunk yayyyyyyyy.

then last shift in work tomorrow night and getting drunk etc after. yayyyyy.

then going out loads next week. yayyyyyy.

(can you tell i've missed alcohol?)
Postgrad apps are driving me insane

Original post by snailsareslimy
going out tonight and gonna get so drunk yayyyyyyyy.

then last shift in work tomorrow night and getting drunk etc after. yayyyyy.

then going out loads next week. yayyyyyy.

(can you tell i've missed alcohol?)

Just a tad bit :tongue:

:console::hugs: Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon!

This French history of language that I am revising is really boring. The lecturer's notes are not extensive enough either...
Original post by Elphaba Thropp
Get ready for a long, long rant!
Finished my essay and emailed it to my lecturer. Fine, I hope that the essay will get me a high B. It's worth 20%.
Got a C in the first essay worth 40%, I don't know which class of a C though. :mad:
As I was emailing that lecturer, I noticed that another one of the module lecturers emailed me the grade of that second essay also 40%. Got a B3. At least it's slightly better than a C!

I really need to start focusing on French, German and Marketing now. I haven't even started revising for German yet. (Watching last Sunday's Tatort and Lindenstrasse doesn't count! :tongue:) I have loved German this semester, I have been working really hard at it. I managed to get an A1 in my German literature essay, (I'd never done a 1,500 word essay in German before and I was really proud of that essay!), a B1 in my grammar mid term and my lecturer told me that my oral exam was brilliant. I also got an A1 in my group oral presentation. At least in German, my hard work actually pays off! :smile:

French is the other love of my life. Got an A1 in my literature essay, B1 in my Cover Letter and CV test, my group Oral presentation went really well but I messed up my grammar mid terms. I barely passed them. :frown: At least I can learn from my mistakes and improve for the final exam! :smile:

As for marketing, that's my next exam and I'm behind in my revision for it. I got a B2 in my Marketing Group Report and Presentation. It was worth 50% so I have a lot of work to do to improve that grade!

Sorry, for the rant everybody! I just need to write my current progress down somewhere. I have been working really hard this semester. It's really frustrating when not all of my grades reflect that. :frown:

Know how you feel, two essays I worked really hard on got given 50% and 58%!
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't worry. He's been schooled now. :smile:
So much work to do but I'm so poorly! :frown: it's not the ill symptoms which are getting me, but the emotional side effects - feel so low and pants. :frown: any tips anyone? Just rest up and feel sorry for myself for a few days? I just hope the low feeling doesn't continue as I need to be productive!
Original post by WhamBamJam.
So much work to do but I'm so poorly! :frown: it's not the ill symptoms which are getting me, but the emotional side effects - feel so low and pants. :frown: any tips anyone? Just rest up and feel sorry for myself for a few days? I just hope the low feeling doesn't continue as I need to be productive!

I do that. The get loads of rest and feel sorry for myself for a while.
and I'm home for the holidays! collected my new bike today along with SPD-SL pedals and cleats, road shoes and overshoes and successfully rode in cleats without falling off :woo:

taking a break from coursework for a few days to catch up on myself- Biochemistry part 2 due in on the 5th

here's hoping I'll replicate my 78% in it :biggrin:
Original post by rayquaza17

:frown:

Original post by snailsareslimy
hope you're okay :hugs: if you need to chat, pm's always open :smile: xx

Original post by Elphaba Thropp
:console::hugs: Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you everyone ❤️ I feel abit better now! Just a friend had to quit uni for personal reasons and moved away so not sure if I'll get to see them again :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest