The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zxh800
Told I was too far down the Monitor Deloitte queue and asked to fill in the service line questionnaire for other areas of consulting. A bit pissed off. Invited to first round interview but god knows how long they'll take to schedule that. Incredibly frustrating.

Original post by Vox Feni
Same here, I received this bs after 6 weeks of "you have been invited to the AC" on my application status.
I wonder what is the point of specifying a firm deadline for applications If in the end they end up processing applications on a first-come-first-served basis? meh. :mad:

By the way, how did you go about choosing your alternative service line on the questionnaire? more than half of all available options (which are not even labelled) seem to describe several subsets of the technology consulting practice, with no real explanation of how they differ in terms of skills required...

So after having to select a different service line for Deloitte (changing from Monitor) through completing the service line questionnaire I received an email with:

"We should now like to invite you to our office for the next stage of the selection process and will be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for your interview."

How long after the email were you guys contacted? Also, was it through email/ phone/ Deloitte System etc? Thanks for your help x
Original post by cupertino
I haven't heard back yet either. I could kick myself for forgetting to ask after my interview, but I assumed (hoped!) they would let us all know today (or at least by the end of tomorrow) as first round interviews have now finished as far as I know.

Do you mind if I ask what uni you are at? I heard Bain only wants top 5 unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bankonthis
Do you mind if I ask what uni you are at? I heard Bain only wants top 5 unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm definitely not the usual candidate - I go to Edinburgh and don't have any traditional 'city' internships nor do I study business/finance.

Meeting the other interviewees though I genuinely got the impression that Bain looks for a much more diverse set of candidates than BCG or McKinsey. I only speculate, but I think what mainly counts for them is your performance. I'm pretty sure the main reason I got to interview was because I did very well on the numerical and they wanted to give me a shot. And although the interviewers were very friendly and personable on the day, the focus was definitely primarily on the case with only a brief 5 minutes spent on motivational questions, which makes me think that your success hinges on your ability, rather than your work experience, university, or background.
I'm definitely not the usual candidate - I go to Edinburgh and don't have any traditional 'city' internships nor do I study business/finance.

Meeting the other interviewees though I genuinely got the impression that Bain looks for a much more diverse set of candidates than BCG or McKinsey. I only speculate, but I think what mainly counts for them is your performance. I'm pretty sure the main reason I got to interview was because I did very well on the numerical and they wanted to give me a shot. And although the interviewers were very friendly and personable on the day, the focus was definitely primarily on the case with only a brief 5 minutes spent on motivational questions, which makes me think that your success hinges on your ability, rather than your work experience, university, or background.

I see. Thank you. Will take this into consideration when I apply to them, maybe next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 764
I haven't heard back yet either. I could kick myself for forgetting to ask after my interview, but I assumed (hoped!) they would let us all know today (or at least by the end of tomorrow) as first round interviews have now finished as far as I know.

Just heard back and was invited to the final round. Anybody have experience with Bain's written case study?
Original post by tasmith247
Hi don't worry about this one. I literally didn't prepare for it at all as I have already accepted an offer elsewhere but I just went for the experience/travel reimbursement as I had already booked my flights!

Group exercise- picking a town to host an event.

Case study- lots of info to digest in 30 mins. in the interview you will be asked 6/7 questions on it.

Interview- very relaxed. standard why deloitte, why consulting, why this service line. then asks about a project and they delve further into it.

Piece of advice: really know what your service line does. i.e. day-to-day tasks

Hey thanks for the details about the session, really helped me expect what it will be at the AC. Did they ask much about current issues?
Reply 766
Original post by edgorey
Just heard back and was invited to the final round. Anybody have experience with Bain's written case study?

Hey, congrats on making the final round. How did your first round go just btw? I had mine very recently but haven't heard back yet, so just wondering if you feel yours went exceedingly well?
Anyone here done PWC phone interview yet, any weird questions or just normal competencies?
Original post by niccypiccy
Hey thanks for the details about the session, really helped me expect what it will be at the AC. Did they ask much about current issues?

Nope none at all!
Nope none at all!

Who did you go for in the end?
Original post by wisepirate
So after having to select a different service line for Deloitte (changing from Monitor) through completing the service line questionnaire I received an email with:

"We should now like to invite you to our office for the next stage of the selection process and will be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for your interview."

How long after the email were you guys contacted? Also, was it through email/ phone/ Deloitte System etc? Thanks for your help x

Still nothing. I think we will receive another email soliticing us to book an interview slot through the application system, in the box that now shows "no slots available please try later".
I'm starting to think that interviews for us who had to change service line will not occur before January though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bankonthis
Who did you go for in the end?

Capgemini!
Original post by Samantha303
Anyone have advice on Mercer Video Interview? Would really appreciate any input!

Hi, I also had a video interview for Mercer but haven't heard back yet despite being told I would in 5-7 days (this was now just over 2 weeks ago).

I was wondering if you have had any response to your interview, and if so how quickly after you submitted was it? Thanks!
Capgemini!

they are yet to arrange a phone interview with me. Its been 3 weeks!
Capgemini!

Congratulations :smile: Are you waiting for anyone else or are you taking Capgemini regardless?
Reply 775
Has anyone had their AC with EY yet? I've got mine on Tuesday and just wondering if anyone had any pointers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TC2016
Has anyone had their AC with EY yet? I've got mine on Tuesday and just wondering if anyone had any pointers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, PM me if you like. Have my partner interview Monday.
Reply 777
Original post by huhdurrrr
Anyone here done PWC phone interview yet, any weird questions or just normal competencies?

If you call them 'PWC" they're automatically gonna reject you
Original post by kosy91

It would be pretty hard for the OP to pronounce the differences between PWC and PwC on their phone interview, so I don't think this is a valid point really.
Original post by kosy91

Well i did on my app and i got through so....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending