The Student Room Group

GCSE Chemistry is such a pain

I'm good at other subjects but chemistry is honestly the most infuriating subject I have ever been taught. I barely understand anything; I try to revise and still can't seem to understand and it really doesn't help that I have my chemistry gcse in 1 year. Has anyone felt like this about chemistry before and what should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anc123
I'm good at other subjects but chemistry is honestly the most infuriating subject I have ever been taught. I barely understand anything; I try to revise and still can't seem to understand and it really doesn't help that I have my chemistry gcse in 1 year. Has anyone felt like this about chemistry before and what should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously, I felt like this when I did GCSE's a while back, but using things like MYGCSEScience really helped. Just you wait until you're doing A levels :lol:
Reply 2
Thank you very much! That has definitely reassured me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm having the same exact problem. I infact made a similar post to yours concerning the issue. Ive hated Chemistry since Year 9 when I started Core. This could be due to the fact that there is so much application involved. Think of it this way. Physics is easy when your good at maths also they give you the formula sheet so you don't do much...Biology all you need is an average memory to pass. But Chemistry you need everything in additition the formulas for Chemistry aren't given to you. I'm still struggling on Balancing Equations which is Basic...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh my gosh same... I hate it. Once I finish my chemistry gcse I am never doing anything chemistry related. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hated it, started revising it, ended up loving it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Physics is worse trust me.
Reply 7
Usually Chemistry is my weakest out of all three.
However, I revised for my Chemistry mock, last night, and I found the mock pretty easy, this morning, I think I did better in the Chemistry, than the other two.
Somehow, I actually enjoyed revising for Chemistry, similar to Chittesh.
I'm going to try to adapt my knowledge, so I can begin to like it, and hopefully do much better in it.

Like the above poster, I did bad in my Physics mock.
I didn't do any revision for it.
If I'm honest I find Physics boring to revise for, as there's no content, just equations, but much easier than Chemistry.

Biology is probably my favorite out of all three, simply because it's just a memory test. :smile:
Original post by Grade
However, I revised for my Chemistry mock, last night, and I found the mock pretty easy, this morning, I think I did better in the Chemistry, than the other two.
I'm going to try to adapt my knowledge, so I can begin to like it, and hopefully do much better in it.

If I'm honest I find Physics boring to revise for, as there's no content, just equations, but much easier than Chemistry.

Biology is probably my favorite out of all three, simply because it's just a memory test. :smile:

True I guess, agree with most I like physics though good at it 😀 and brother can teach me it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grade

Exactly!!
Finally somebody who understands...
I think I find Chemistry just a little more boring to revise due to the fact that in Physics time and space is fascinating especially life cycle of stars whereas Chemistry is just learning about how chemicals react and the factors that effect it. I just don't care what happens when something reacts with another thing -__-.
Reply 10
Get a cgp guide to revise chemistry it really help me

Quick Reply

Latest