The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sugarcandy
Hey guys! So just discovered I was rejected from Manchester with no interview. My stats are: 4 A* prediction, 688 UKCAT. I can't understand why I've been rejected straight out Esepcially as they don't seem to have specific UkCAT cut offs. Does anyone know why I might have been rejected without an interview given I fulfill the requirements and more?

I agree Manchester love work experience and what you learnt from it. They don't care much for all A*s or high ukcat. Im sure you'll get an interview at Kings if you applied there :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vic_cloud
12 in our group today x

Ta, glad it went well :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a graduate entry interview and was wondering about how to answer 'tell me about yourself' in the interview. Should we include our reasons for choosing dentistry?
Original post by Banani12
I have a graduate entry interview and was wondering about how to answer 'tell me about yourself' in the interview. Should we include our reasons for choosing dentistry?

Personally I would speak about my favourite past times and why I want to be a healthcare professional, you can then incorporate your life experiences into your answer. Probably a bad idea to start going off on a tangent about your suitability to dentistry as you risk sounding rehearsed and dubious. I'm sure they will ask you 'why dentistry' separately. But that's my opinion, hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer for undergrad from Plymouth yesterday
Original post by BiomedDentist
I got an offer for undergrad from Plymouth yesterday

Congrats!
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Congrats!

As much as I would love to go, doing the 5 year is a last resort really, not sure if I could fund it, so keeping everything crossed for my other applications :biggrin:
As much as I would love to go, doing the 5 year is a last resort really, not sure if I could fund it, so keeping everything crossed for my other applications :biggrin:

Ah okay! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I've applied for 2 5 year (kcl/qmul) and one 4 year (kcl). I'd love to get the 4 year but hell I'd do anything just to hear back atm! Lol
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Ah okay! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I've applied for 2 5 year (kcl/qmul) and one 4 year (kcl). I'd love to get the 4 year but hell I'd do anything just to hear back atm! Lol

GCSE: 1A* 6A's 2B's
A level: A*AAC
Predicted 1st Biomedical sciences
UKCAT: 688
and a little bit of work experience in GDP, community dentist and dental lab

:smile:
GCSE: 1A* 6A's 2B's
A level: A*AAC
Predicted 1st Biomedical sciences
UKCAT: 688
and a little bit of work experience in GDP, community dentist and dental lab

:smile:

Cool. With grads do they look at your a levels and GCSE's? I know they for at kings and qmul...
Anyone else just got an interview invite from King's?? Over the moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Me too! 28th Jan :biggrin:
Original post by rkumar3
Me too! 28th Jan :biggrin:

Same here! Mine is at 10.15 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
Original post by farmy93
Same here! Mine is at 10.15 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll see you then! :biggrin:
Was it for the graduate entry or undergrad? Also, do you mind me asking what you got in your GCSEs and A levels? (Do King's care about those for grads?)

Congrats on the interviews everyone :smile:
interview at kings 28th jan!!
Is biomedical science an easier course to study or pharmacy? Could someone help please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 337
How's everyone feeling about the UCLan interview next week?
Reply 338
Anyone else that have received an interview for kings and confirmed it on the myApplication finds that if u log back in to Myapplication the interview has disappeared and it goes back to saying "your application is currently being processed" ? - they better not have made a mistake lol.
Original post by S-man8
Anyone else that have received an interview for kings and confirmed it on the myApplication finds that if u log back in to Myapplication the interview has disappeared and it goes back to saying "your application is currently being processed" ? - they better not have made a mistake lol.

I'm too scared to confirm it now lol

Quick Reply