The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Offers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by powerpuff_girl
It seems a bit overcrowded to me ... that's why I would prefer a 5 bed flat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough! If you don't mind me asking what made you choose Aston as an international student? What made it stand out from the rest?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Liverpool061897
Fair enough! If you don't mind me asking what made you choose Aston as an international student? What made it stand out from the rest?

Well I am not exactly an International student or at least in Aston they don' t classify me as one I think because I am from Bulgaria which is in the EU .. however from the moment I decided I want to study in the UK and I stared searching through the net I "fell in love" with Aston .. just the course is exactly what I want to study and I liked the campus, the halls just everything ... also I am not denying the fact that the city played and important role .. I mean Birmingham being the 2nd largest city in the UK is a plus indeed .. now you will probably ask me why not University of Birmingham then ... well I applied there and I got an offer and I know it is ranked higher but ... I am not sure if I made myself understood or you may think that I am crazy :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Same here :smile: I am even a bit worried cause I have received my offer of 5th of November then on the 8th I firmed Aston and no letter has come to me yet ... and I know that the rooms for the accommodation are "first come first served" and I really want to get a room in a 5 bed flat so ... have you been to an open day btw .. have you seen the accomm. ?

Hi! Thought I would just give you my opinion on the accommodation rooms at Aston as I went to the open day in October. The 5 bedroom flats are great! I liked them the most out of the 3 possible options with larger space in each room, bigger bed and your own toilet and shower, the lakeside one isn't too bad as well so it shouldn't matter too much.
Well I am not exactly an International student or at least in Aston they don' t classify me as one I think because I am from Bulgaria which is in the EU .. however from the moment I decided I want to study in the UK and I stared searching through the net I "fell in love" with Aston .. just the course is exactly what I want to study and I liked the campus, the halls just everything ... also I am not denying the fact that the city played and important role .. I mean Birmingham being the 2nd largest city in the UK is a plus indeed .. now you will probably ask me why not University of Birmingham then ... well I applied there and I got an offer and I know it is ranked higher but ... I am not sure if I made myself understood or you may think that I am crazy :biggrin:

I totally understand! You just love Aston :smile:
Original post by Liverpool061897
I totally understand! You just love Aston :smile:

Yes :smile: though I havent been there yet I mean I havent visited the open days ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer from aston!
I applied for psychology 4 weeks ago and got my offer today :biggrin:
Original post by Hwhit7304
Got my offer from aston!
I applied for psychology 4 weeks ago and got my offer today :biggrin:

Congrats ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone firmed Aston for chemical engineering? If so could tell me why you chose Aston for chem eng as I'm really lost on which uni to firm :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I've made Aston my firm choice for IBML (German) to start in September 2015! I was just wondering if there's anyone who does this course already that can say what they think about it or the Uni itself? I haven't applied for accommodation yet either (I was thinking Lakeside) should I apply ASAP and if so where's the best place?

I've been to an open day and an applicant day and I've been really impressed by both! Hopefully I'll be there next year :biggrin:
I got an offer for chemical engineering, I dont know much about aston though is it any good for chem eng?
Erm it's fairly good for it. I know a few people who've applied for STEM courses at Aston but I don't think it's quite in the same league as imperial college and Oxford etc but the league tables often don't give you the full story as it's based on research best thing to do if you haven't already go to an open or applicant day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Hi i also have an offer for chem eng at aston and will be firming it too.

I dont really know how good aston is but from my uni choices is it the best based on the league tables so i also would like to find out a bit more about aston

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gonna go to one of applicant open day and give my judgment then. Aston is tenth on the Guardian league table for chemical engineering but for me it's mainly if I would enjoy studying and living there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was really impressed when I went on the applicant day but IBML is known as one of their flagship courses. Not sure what it's like for Chem Eng but student life looks good and Birmingham's a huge student city
Hi! I've firmed Aston to do Business and Management... can't wait! :smile:
Original post by BrianOblitey
Nah I'm applying for Marketing. I sent my form last Monday and I still ain't got an offer :confused:

Have you received your offer yet? I applied for the same course :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bethkb
Yeah, they do seem to take a while to decide and it's always seemed to be a very poplular uni. I got replies from my other choices within three days in total and they were the ones I really wanted to get, so I withdrew my choice.

Have you received your offer yet? I applied for Marketing as well :smile:
Reply 157
Original post by mcristinabianca
Have you received your offer yet? I applied for Marketing as well :smile:

I withdrew it so I never found out whether they'd have given me an offer or not! Slightly regretting it now, but as I say to all my friends who have applied to uni and are waiting patiently for offers: no news always means there's a chance for good news! Good luck on your offer :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by awais97
Hi i also have an offer for chem eng at aston and will be firming it too.

I dont really know how good aston is but from my uni choices is it the best based on the league tables so i also would like to find out a bit more about aston

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I have friends who do engineering, including Chem Eng at Aston and they've all said the course is really good. Aston actually seems to be a pretty good place for engineering in general, despite it priding itself more on its Business School. Congrats on your offer and I hope you like the uni!
Original post by bethkb
I withdrew it so I never found out whether they'd have given me an offer or not! Slightly regretting it now, but as I say to all my friends who have applied to uni and are waiting patiently for offers: no news always means there's a chance for good news! Good luck on your offer :smile:

Thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest