The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tory_lee_x
I thought "practical" was the best way to go. I went for chinos, shirt, flat shoes and a gilet. I didn't got for a dress because I just thought that we're applying for a practical course so something practical would be best. This is just my opinion, but I hope this has helped :smile: x

Original post by Alex15
I'm wearing a black skirt and blazer with a cream blouse and flats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys :smile: don't want to be overdressed seeing as it is a more practical course
Hi guys :smile:

I'm also applying for veterinary nursing at

Hartpury
RVC
Askham Bryan
Middlesex
Edinburgh Napier

I have an interview for Middlesex on Monday (15th), Hartpury on the 21st January and Askham Bryan on the 17th January.

Has anyone got any tips at all, especially for Middlesex? I look forward to seeing some of you there! :smile:
Well done!! :biggrin: Can I ask how much work experience you had? (:
I just got an offer from Bristol after my Skype interview on Tuesday!
Reply 4404
Original post by Jisabella

YEY well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations to everyone that got offers and interviews today :biggrin: ! Busy day!
Original post by D of T
I'm going to slightly disagree. 16.2 weeks at 13 places with all the bases covered was not enough last year. It simply isn't possible to have more variety than that and they didnt like it
Its too late now but I advise people applying not to apply to Liverpool unless they significantly exceed those numbers. To be excluded on that criterion alone is frustrating and a waste of a choice. Fortunately RVC and Bristol have a much more multicomponent assessment of suitability (including WE but not only WE)

This is what I suspected... I had 14 weeks last year and double that this year But still waiting to hear from lpool. I know my lack of invite may be fir other reasons.
Original post by Jisabella

OMG ME TOO! I'm so happy!!!

Edit: Congrats of course! :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tory_lee_x
That's amazing well done!!!!! I got an offer for AAA yesteray (I'm still doing A Levels) after my interview on Wednesday. I am so so so happy!! Well done again!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: x

Thank you! And wow, that's fab, well done to you too! And good luck with your A Levels! :biggrin:
Original post by katehassall
When I was at Surrey, even though it could've been practical, there were a lot of people in dresses and skirts:smile: There was also quite a lot in trousers but either way I think everyone in dresses looked fine, but we didn't end up havingto do anything practical anyway! I wore jeans but I was literally the only one!

I think I might just stick with what I have, I'm sure I won't be the only one! Thanks :smile:
Saw someone on Connect that has been invited to an interview at Nottingham and I still don't have anything 😁😁
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Saw someone on Connect that has been invited to an interview at Nottingham and I still don't have anything 😁😁

Hi, that might be me... are you uk? If you are, then don't worry about it, cus I'm an international/eu applicant so they sent it via email.
Good luck and hope you hear soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15
Have you got one for nottingham? If you have are you a UK applicant? Congrats though! Very jealous as I've only got one so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nawh didn't apply there :frown:
Original post by regsyl
Just got all my interview invites!:biggrin:

Wow! Congrats!! :biggrin:
Where did you apply, just out of curiosity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15
Have you got one for nottingham? If you have are you a UK applicant? Congrats though! Very jealous as I've only got one so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have an interview ... Well done and good luck.... Many hundreds of others on this forum have none and will go through the whole year without getting an interview .. So be pleased you have one interview and try not to be jealous of others ... Though we all know you don't mean "really jealous" please, every one getting more than One interview, be sensitive to the many hundreds on this forum with no interviews.
(edited 9 years ago)
For those that have had an interview at Bristol or Surrey this year, what where the interviewers like? Last year, at one of my interviews, one of my interviewers in the face to face was from France and I found it very hard to understand the questions he was trying to ask, phrased in quite weird ways and the accent. Probably didn't help I was concentrating so much. I had to ask quite a few questions to be re-phrased and eventually the other interviewer rephrase his questions without me asking -so annoying. Hopefully, this year I get someone I can understand. So how have people found the interviewers so far?
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Wow! Congrats!! :biggrin:
Where did you apply, just out of curiosity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

cambridge, rvc, edinburgh and bristol! Just got an offer from bristol though, thank god. :biggrin:
Original post by regsyl
cambridge, rvc, edinburgh and bristol! Just got an offer from bristol though, thank god. :biggrin:

Nice :smile:
Congrats on bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oliver Giles
For those that have had an interview at Bristol or Surrey this year, what where the interviewers like? Last year, at one of my interviews, one of my interviewers in the face to face was from France and I found it very hard to understand the questions he was trying to ask, phrased in quite weird ways and the accent. Probably didn't help I was concentrating so much. I had to ask quite a few questions to be re-phrased and eventually the other interviewer rephrase his questions without me asking -so annoying. Hopefully, this year I get someone I can understand. So how have people found the interviewers so far?

Surrey-all the interviewers were absolutely lovely (although ai am pretty sure one of them despised me) and they made sure you felt comfortable and were all completely fine to understand! Felt sorry for them trying to understand me talking so fast! You also get to talk to some of them beforehand:smile: Bristol-I gave no clue, I gavnt heard back from them:smile:
Original post by katehassall
Surrey-all the interviewers were absolutely lovely (although ai am pretty sure one of them despised me) and they made sure you felt comfortable and were all completely fine to understand! Felt sorry for them trying to understand me talking so fast! You also get to talk to some of them beforehand:smile: Bristol-I gave no clue, I gavnt heard back from them:smile:

I met one of the professors when I was doing a work experience placement at the AHPA in November, and he was very nice. Hopefully I don't get the one that despised you - have you got a name so I can avoid and hide in toilets LOL. The professor I spoke to said that's why they have the MMIs so that one persons opinion doesn't ruin it. I sure he loved you really - just shy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest