The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyap
It was more technical than I expected

How so? What is an example of a technical question?
anyone received an offer from CS yet?
Original post by Cutmeloose
Not much, how are your spring week apps?

at MS for the summer.

they are kinds going ok, will pm

waheyy very nice, research?
Original post by Cutmeloose
Interviewed for GIR last year and most people who got offers seemed to have pretty hot credentials (seemed to be a recurring theme that most were 2nd years on a 4 year course) I think there were about <15 in GIR and guessing around <40 in IBD?

As mentioned before, IBD headcount is far higher, but you're probably more likely to convert to summer in GIR.

Hey, thanks for the info - just wondering, how many of them hold econ/finance degrees?

I don't want to be auto-rejected as I am doing physics.
Original post by IB Fanboy
Hey, thanks for the info - just wondering, how many of them hold econ/finance degrees?

I don't want to be auto-rejected as I am doing physics.

Banks are very big on diversity nowadays.
Original post by Mralpha
anyone received an offer from CS yet?

They are handing out their first offers next week
How does the process work for accepting spring week offers? I have one from CS but it's not my preferred department. Does accepting now mean I won't be able to take any other offers or am I able to wait? Thanks.
Original post by masseffect
How does the process work for accepting spring week offers? I have one from CS but it's not my preferred department. Does accepting now mean I won't be able to take any other offers or am I able to wait? Thanks.

Depends on whether it's exploding (time limit). You could accept and reneg if you are given a better gig but that's generally deemed as very deceptive. So be sure you will take up this offer, if you accept to keep all parties happy.
If you scored within the top 1 % in both the numerical and the logical (think I got them all right) at RBS, are you almost sure to get a telephone interview? (given you study at a good engineering and/or business school)

I.e, how much does the tests really matter?
Original post by masseffect

Nice, I'm waiting on them for this week after my interview, when did you have yours?
Original post by lovelondonlife
just got invitation from HSBC for numerical test. If I pass that, do I still need to go through tel interview? I saw some posts that they only chose dates of availability.. :O

well done!!! :smile: all the best! can I just ask when did you submit your application for HSBC? thanks!
just got an email saying I've passed HSBC numerical and they're gonna review my application again. does this basically mean I've got a tel itw? i doubt they'd reject anyone post successful numerical but pre interview if ygm
Anyone who submitted Nomura app on November heard back yet?

I think they've only replied to the womens programme.
Original post by tcoburn
just got an email saying I've passed HSBC numerical and they're gonna review my application again. does this basically mean I've got a tel itw? i doubt they'd reject anyone post successful numerical but pre interview if ygm

I reckon they would benchmark applicants and probably put through those in the highest percentiles.
Has anyone had a Citi interview yet? If yes, how did it go?
Original post by Anonynous
I think they've only replied to the womens programme.

Thx again - wondering if I should make a call.

I have a friend who had an interview on Friday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
I have a friend who had an interview on Friday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know when did he/she submitted the app?
Do you know when did he/she submitted the app?

My application is still under screening too. Submitted it early November time still not heard back anything :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending