The Student Room Group

Is it worth paying for TSR pro?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MrMango
im considering it.. they may think twice before giving me warnings and bans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But... Random on-the-spot bans for trolling, abusive language and spam are what internet forums are all about! You can't take that from me, it's why the Rap Battle thread fades so often! Imagine if I never got banned for calling someone's mother a ****ing ****...
I haven't been a sub for ages, but the shoutbox was the only reason to be one. There is now absolutely no reason to be a sub.

Since I first joined TSR has just been a steady decline, where anyone who disagrees is completely ignored, and anyone who agrees just eggs the admins on to go even further.

Ridiculous. Try getting someone involved that has some personality and won't just agree with everything that's put forward. Being on this forum is like being in the real world, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a place where humour is discouraged and criticism not allowed, in the middle of an Aspergers Anonymous meeting.

TSR could do a lot to help people with social problems, instead it leads them further down the rabbit hole.
Original post by TillyP
Urm, yeah. Not much more to say apart from the title...
I can probably get my parents to pay, but don't want to spend their money unnecessarily....

Well, you could always earn a free sub by helping out and becoming a part of the Welcome Squad.

Spoiler

Lol at everyone's posts getting deleted.
No, not now they've taken away a key feature at a moments notice.
Original post by TillyP
Urm, yeah. Not much more to say apart from the title...
I can probably get my parents to pay, but don't want to spend their money unnecessarily....
Not any more.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Lol at everyone's posts getting deleted.
What posts?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Well, you could always earn a free sub by helping out and becoming a part of the Welcome Squad.

Spoiler

Pls get me a job at tsr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Pls get me a job at tsr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, a job? You mean a volunteering from home position?
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
Lol, a job? You mean a volunteering from home position?

No I mean I wanna work for tsr

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I skimmed this thread. Did they put the box out of its misery?

Didn't think I'd see the day....
if you would like to waste your youth even more
Original post by ByronicHero

Yes they did.
Reply 52
Original post by OU Student
Yes they did.

How come? And what was so great about it?
Original post by dawn94

Arguments and **** from what I understand. I never used it; so can't say what was so great about it. But I know that some users were saying it meant that there was almost always someone there to talk to, etc.
Original post by ByronicHero

"Temporarily"

So we all know what that means.

Apparently moderating it was too risky and placing too much of a burden on the CT. :indiff:
Original post by dawn94

We're fairly attached to it and we have spent, in some cases (2 years for me, 8 years for others), years talking there daily. I did 60k posts in there this year. It's a great place with great people, for me anyway. I need them. But I see that from CT POV some changes need to be made.
Original post by PQ
"Temporarily"

So we all know what that means.

Apparently moderating it was too risky and placing too much of a burden on the CT. :indiff:

Good ol' TSR.
Should I subscribe to it monthly? Are the resources useful enough to pay money? Will it be helpful for my exams?
I am 20 I am in college studying AS english literature, AS economics and BTEC law.

Quick Reply

Latest