The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tlunn223
Me too, for straight IR. Wonderful...

I got my 8 week email today.. just feeling really tense now.....
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by aisha 56
I got my 8 week email today.. just feeling really tense now.....

what have you applied for?
Original post by jimmy234
congratulations!! can I ask what your GCSEs were?

Thankyou!

Um I think it was something like 4A*s 5As and a C in PE (we were forced to do PE, I wasn't too pleased with having to do so) and a Distinction* in IT BTEC. I know they aren't the best but they could have been much worse!
Hope we can all hear from LSE next week.
I got two 4 week emails yesterday, for both management and economics. LSE is really taking its time. I really hope they will send a final decision next week, I wanna get some nice gifts for christmas :P
I'm 7 weeks and 3 days into my '8 week' email. It seems that they're leaving it quite last minute - is it common for them to give a response after the 8 weeks are up? Have any other Politics and Philosophy applicants found the response to be pretty slow? :s-smilie:
Original post by Ryrytho
I'm 7 weeks and 3 days into my '8 week' email. It seems that they're leaving it quite last minute - is it common for them to give a response after the 8 weeks are up? Have any other Politics and Philosophy applicants found the response to be pretty slow? :s-smilie:

I received my 4 week email for straight economics last week, and I was 6 weeks into my 8 week email. So it is possible that they contact you before the 8 weeks deadline.
Original post by Georgina2613
Did you apply for Law too? Don't worry! I didn't get any offers at first and everyone kept saying "it's law...it'll take longer!" Who knows, they may be right? :biggrin: All the best!

Yes I applied for Law :smile: I only applied 8 days ago haha. Thank you, you too!
Original post by lub1960
what have you applied for?

Politic and IR
I'm an LSE student in the govt. department, if anyone has questions about anything I'll do my best to help. Probably best to give me a pm as I don't use TSR enough to keep up with all the threads and that these days.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Straight econ at UCL which I got an offer for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you send off your application? I sent mine mid october; havent heard anything since apart from a questionaire for module grades. I too applied for straight econ with AAAB in maths, further maths, german and economics, predicted A*A*AA if that helps.
Original post by tazza ma razza
When did you send off your application? I sent mine mid october; havent heard anything since apart from a questionaire for module grades. I too applied for straight econ with AAAB in maths, further maths, german and economics, predicted A*A*AA if that helps.

I sent mine off on 14th oct. I applied with maths history bio and Chem with 4As at AS predicted 3A* in maths Chem history and an a in as f maths. I heard they're really big on GCSEs- I got 9A* 2As if that makes any difference
I'm sure you'll be fine you're a more suitable applicant than me haha especially since I focused so much on economic history in my ps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gcseboy1997
I sent mine off on 14th oct. I applied with maths history bio and Chem with 4As at AS predicted 3A* in maths Chem history and an a in as f maths. I heard they're really big on GCSEs- I got 9A* 2As if that makes any difference
I'm sure you'll be fine you're a more suitable applicant than me haha especially since I focused so much on economic history in my ps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet grades - espicially those predicted grades! I too got 9A* 2A at GCSE; so we are roughly the same! Tbh, economic history is unique; so the admissions people would have liked it! I spoke about fiscal policy and government intervention; so your bog standard ps lol
Okay just to clarify, if we don't receive a decision from LSE by next week then we will have to wait until January because the admissions office will close for winter break, correct?
Original post by ak2015
Okay just to clarify, if we don't receive a decision from LSE by next week then we will have to wait until January because the admissions office will close for winter break, correct?

Yes. Last year the last batch before Christmas was the 18th (or at least I got mine then and Im pretty sure that was the lat)
Has anyone applied for Stats with Finance?
once you get the 8 week email i guess your grades are good enough for LSE, so is the deciding factor between applicants at this stage ultimately determined by personal statements and references (predictions)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
once you get the 8 week email i guess your grades are good enough for LSE, so is the deciding factor between applicants at this stage ultimately determined by personal statements and references (predictions)?

That's a reasonable deduction
Hi, I'm applying for straight Economics and my 8 weeks end exactly tomorrow. Does it mean i'll receive either a rejection, an offer, or a further 4 weeks email tomorrow?
Original post by ArseneWenger
Hi, I'm applying for straight Economics and my 8 weeks end exactly tomorrow. Does it mean i'll receive either a rejection, an offer, or a further 4 weeks email tomorrow?

From what we've seen, the 8 week email isn't a guarantee that you'll receive a response within 8 weeks. That is, we have no idea what's gonna happen. You've just got to wait it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending