The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay the most eagerly awaited moment! I'm sure its excellent as per :wink:
Looking forward to the winter series, haven't really found many of the fall series interesting enough to pick up and watch.

Ansatsu Kyou****su looks interesting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Good sports anime?

diamond no ace is goood
Original post by the north
diamond no ace is goood

Original post by Red Fox
Good sports anime?

Hajime no Ippo :wink:
Original post by eugenius 8
Hajime no Ippo :wink:

Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's older than me but it's decent so far:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's older than me but it's decent so far:lol:

The original anime series starts off well, but you will see a deterioration in narrative as the series progresses, mirrored by the fact that the creator was going through a mental breakdown (The End of Evangelion movie is probably as bad as it gets, good luck understanding that one).

If you can, try the Rebuild of Evangelion series, which at the moment is a series of three films based on the plot of the manga, anime and some entirely new material (the 3rd movie deviates quite a bit).

I have a massive soft spot for Evangelion, it was one of my first animes, and despite all the pretension, I eat it up every time.

I'm really enjoying Psycho Pass season 2 at the moment! Akane has become a far more interesting character this season too:

Spoiler

I was in Japan a few weeks ago where it was being promoted quite heavily in Akiba, even got myself a chibi Akane figure for my desk :cool:
Original post by the north
diamond no ace is goood

Original post by Red Fox
Good sports anime?

I second that motion! I'm currently watching it! I just think it's so fun! The feels, the fun times, the stupidity. Definitely check it out! High School Baseball.
Has taught me quite a few things about the game (had no idea of anything. I thought it was a lame version of rounders lol)
Original post by steadmusic
I second that motion! I'm currently watching it! I just think it's so fun! The feels, the fun times, the stupidity. Definitely check it out! High School Baseball.
Has taught me quite a few things about the game (had no idea of anything. I thought it was a lame version of rounders lol)

I'm not a huge fan of baseball but I'll give it a shot in the near future.

Watched LB: Refrain yet?
A couple of friends are in the process of starting up a business selling anime figurines and merchandise, and are looking for feedback from anyone who's ever imported such things from Japanese sites. Or just feedback in general, really. So if anyone has a spare minute to look at this short survey, it'd be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Q1S9ZNy1dIk22m5ZzSIwN31MeIHXQREPIBquE0c1qQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
Finally got around to starting to read my pile of 20th Century Boys and have been absolutely blown away by it. Have read 6 volumes so far and it's one of the greatest manga series I have ever read. The plot is incredibly detailed and intricate without ever being too confusing. The fact Urasawa can jump between time periods with no warning and I am still able to perfectly follow what is going on is pretty amazing. Only 1/4 of the way through but hoping it can keep up the quality for the rest of the series.
Original post by Red Fox
I'm not a huge fan of baseball but I'll give it a shot in the near future.

Watched LB: Refrain yet?

No :/
I am still without my phone, and that has all my list on :frown:
Bar two nights ago, I hadn't watched any anime for a month or so... Probably longer. Trying to finish Chuno before christmas. 1hr long eps are great but so time consuming!
Original post by steadmusic
No :/
I am still without my phone, and that has all my list on :frown:
Bar two nights ago, I hadn't watched any anime for a month or so... Probably longer. Trying to finish Chuno before christmas. 1hr long eps are great but so time consuming!

If you want to keep your memory of the show as a happy group of friends playing baseball then don't watch it:tongue:

I doubt I could stay concentrated on a show for an hour:lol:
I've heard about an anime called Mahou Shoujou or something and it involves a lot of cute magic girls but it turns out to be really dark or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just marathoned valverape..sorry I mean valverave ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I've heard about an anime called Mahou Shoujou or something and it involves a lot of cute magic girls but it turns out to be really dark or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'd be Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, almost certainly - Mahou Shoujo on its own just means magical girl. :p:
Original post by Red Fox
If you want to keep your memory of the show as a happy group of friends playing baseball then don't watch it:tongue:

I doubt I could stay concentrated on a show for an hour:lol:

Ikr... Somefolk are graduating... New characters will be introduced and it's Key... They always go to say, heart wrenching times lol

Hour shows are cool! I watch Sherlock (BBC) and Doctor Who (BBC) so I'm used to em. But most of all, I grew up with martial art movies and westerns so I'm used to long showings lol. 10-20min eps are refreshingly short lol
Currently enjoying Michiko and Hatchin. Very cool anime, reminds me of cowboy bepop whilst the art reminds me of samurai champloo - a good combination to have! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending