The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzyyyyy

I did my GCSEs several years ago. :tongue:
Got my mocks back! Got 9 A* and 3 A's, so happy! :biggrin:

Amazing! Well done :biggrin:
Oh that is so annoying! I don't think I could survive waiting out the holiday! I am going to be so bad at waiting for the real ones hahahah. Thanks, you too! What are you aiminng for? As we have to make Alevel choices before Christmas, I want to get A* in Te subjects I want to take, and don't mind about the rest as long as I get a B or above :smile:

I was prepared to just wait, but I was surprised to get my English back, I got an A and it think other teachers will give back the marks but not the actual grade. Congrats on your mock results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to the Y11s who are waiting for their mock results, still doing their mocks or have yet to start them! :h:

Original post by Martie08
Got 11A*s in my mocks!! :biggrin:

Got my mocks back! Got 9 A* and 3 A's, so happy! :biggrin:

Well done guys! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats
Amazing! Well done :biggrin:

Hehe thabks in sure you will do great :smile:
You guys have amazing results. Anxious to hear mine in a week's time. Were you guys nervous,excited or simply couldn't be bothered ?
Congratulations. How long did you guys revised for?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 2887
How do you revise for english??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
How do you revise for english??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't revise for my mocks but I suppose past papers is the best way and for English literature to try and memorise the poem analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Good, but sorry to hear about your boyfriend. :frown: Decided on your A-Level options yet or...? :smile: Presuming you're doing A-Levels, of course!

I think I've decided, took a while though! I'm thinking Politics, Chinese, Philosophy and Ethics and Music. Although Chinese isn't confirmed yet, my current GCSE teacher already teaches A Level and she thinks we're good enough so fingers crossed the school will allow it...

Basically what happened with le boyf was that the SEN department stopped him from doing some music events because he had 'important tests' (an end of unit RS test, would you believe). However pretty much all of us other year 11s have tests going on and we could still go... It was really inconsiderate of both his needs and the music department, and his mum was too pressured into it to disagree - she's lovely and rarely says no, and they told her about it point blank over the phone. I'm really annoyed and so is he because of various things. Grrrr. :mad:
Hi Guys,

So I have been experiencing a very difficult dilemma over the past week and this is concerning my GCSEs. I know that I am in the final months of Yr 11, but it still affects me deeply. Here is the background information: I am a native Austrian-German, who moved to England, and I have just done my German GCSEs early and I got a B ( very close to an A) and this was very disappointing. I have been doing Spanish GCSE, since last year and I am doing the exam next year, with all the others. I don't know what to do; knowing that I got a B in German, hurts me a lot, as I know that I could have done better and it is also my native tongue. But I have already done Spanish for 1 and 1/4 years, and I am in the process of finishing it. I propose that I drop it, even though I have completed 2 controlled assessments, and focus on German - hopefully, I will be able to bring that B up to an A or A*. Or, I leave it, as an extra GCSE and continue to do Spanish, and try and get an A/A* next year.

Thank you so much and hopefully, I will see many of your replies.
Original post by germanshepherd_
Hi Guys,

So I have been experiencing a very difficult dilemma over the past week and this is concerning my GCSEs. I know that I am in the final months of Yr 11, but it still affects me deeply. Here is the background information: I am a native Austrian-German, who moved to England, and I have just done my German GCSEs early and I got a B ( very close to an A) and this was very disappointing. I have been doing Spanish GCSE, since last year and I am doing the exam next year, with all the others. I don't know what to do; knowing that I got a B in German, hurts me a lot, as I know that I could have done better and it is also my native tongue. But I have already done Spanish for 1 and 1/4 years, and I am in the process of finishing it. I propose that I drop it, even though I have completed 2 controlled assessments, and focus on German - hopefully, I will be able to bring that B up to an A or A*. Or, I leave it, as an extra GCSE and continue to do Spanish, and try and get an A/A* next year.

Thank you so much and hopefully, I will see many of your replies.

I can't give in that much input since I'm not dedicated toward the MFL subject that I'm studying and I'm not doing the home language but you already got a B in it, don't drop Spanish, you spent time on your 2 CAs, don't just throw it away.

Although, are you doing German as an external subject, a home language or an actual class subject?
Hello, fellow Y12s! How art thou?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Hello, fellow Y12s! How art thou?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry Mr. Stormtrooper sir but this is the yr 11 thread..... Ummm, so, you know....
Original post by Firenze26
I'm sorry Mr. Stormtrooper sir but this is the yr 11 thread..... Ummm, so, you know....

It's nearly midnight. I'm sleepy and unobservant!
Original post by Firenze26
I can't give in that much input since I'm not dedicated toward the MFL subject that I'm studying and I'm not doing the home language but you already got a B in it, don't drop Spanish, you spent time on your 2 CAs, don't just throw it away.

Although, are you doing German as an external subject, a home language or an actual class subject?

German was done as an external subject, but I am prepared to drop Spanish - which I don't really care about - to redo German and get that A/A*. Yes it means one less GCSE, but I rather have that and all my GCSEs to be of an A/A* standard, rather than having a B.. but... I don't know tbh.
German was done as an external subject, but I am prepared to drop Spanish - which I don't really care about - to redo German and get that A/A*. Yes it means one less GCSE, but I rather have that and all my GCSEs to be of an A/A* standard, rather than having a B.. but... I don't know tbh.

I think you should work hard at Spanish and if your German is an extra just re take it with the rest of your year aswell. Don't drop Spanish now! Speak German a lot at home, and really familiarise yourself with the exam technique. If you have German relatives, Skype/ call them and only speak to them in German. Make sure you use lots of different tenses and expressions because that really gets you the marks. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
I think you should work hard at Spanish and if your German is an extra just re take it with the rest of your year aswell. Don't drop Spanish now! Speak German a lot at home, and really familiarise yourself with the exam technique. If you have German relatives, Skype/ call them and only speak to them in German. Make sure you use lots of different tenses and expressions because that really gets you the marks. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, thank you for your advise. I really appreciate it, and you know, I don't think I will drop it. You are right, I worked hard in it and I have already done 2 CAs. So yh. But German is an issue, because my school actually doesn't do it; literally, I was the only one in my year to do it. Plus my school is being horrible, and they said that they do not want me to retake my German GCSE. This is a problem because I then need to apply to be an external student, and I have to find schools that are willing to accept my German retake. So... any suggestions or what??// :smile:
Aww, thank you for your advise. I really appreciate it, and you know, I don't think I will drop it. You are right, I worked hard in it and I have already done 2 CAs. So yh. But German is an issue, because my school actually doesn't do it; literally, I was the only one in my year to do it. Plus my school is being horrible, and they said that they do not want me to retake my German GCSE. This is a problem because I then need to apply to be an external student, and I have to find schools that are willing to accept my German retake. So... any suggestions or what??// :smile:

I wish I could help but I know nothing about doing external exams. Although, Have you talked to your teacher about any schools that offer them or some kind of website or organisation that help you find schools that offer them, maybe they can help.
Reply 2899
need to revise for mocks but im not motivated and dont know what methods help..

Latest