The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
Know how you feel, two essays I worked really hard on got given 50% and 58%!

I know university life can be so unfair at times, can't it. :frown: It's just an awful feeling when you work really hard and don't get any reward afterwards! A lot of people have been complaining about this module and I'm not the only one to have gotten a bad mark, but still! At least I won't be studying this subject ever again after this. Thanks for reading my rant, it was so long that I didn't expect anyone to. :colondollar:

Original post by WhamBamJam.
So much work to do but I'm so poorly! :frown: it's not the ill symptoms which are getting me, but the emotional side effects - feel so low and pants. :frown: any tips anyone? Just rest up and feel sorry for myself for a few days? I just hope the low feeling doesn't continue as I need to be productive!

Work in your bed on your laptop! Wrap up warm and drink a Lemsip or a hot chocolate*.

*Warning this opinion may not have any health benefits.

It was my birthday today, so I was pretty lax with regard to study. Going to go to bed earlier tonight and wake up at six in the morning and study non stop tomorrow! I must do well in my exams! :eek:

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Thank you everyone ❤️ I feel abit better now! Just a friend had to quit uni for personal reasons and moved away so not sure if I'll get to see them again :frown:

That's awful! I always get close to study abroad and Erasmus students that are always gone after a semester. :frown: There's always Skype though! I have a lot of friends who live abroad, it won't be as hard to keep in touch as you think! :smile: I see my best friend from school only a couple of times a year but we still have a strong friendship, when we meet up it's like nothing in our lives has changed!

I'm moving to Germany in three weeks and I am still going to make an effort to stay in contact with the friends who mean a lot to me. What I'm trying to say is that it will be difficult to maintain the friendship but honestly if you make the effort to stay in touch it will be fine! :smile:
Original post by Elphaba Thropp
I know university life can be so unfair at times, can't it. :frown: It's just an awful feeling when you work really hard and don't get any reward afterwards! A lot of people have been complaining about this module and I'm not the only one to have gotten a bad mark, but still! At least I won't be studying this subject ever again after this. Thanks for reading my rant, it was so long that I didn't expect anyone to. :colondollar:

Work in your bed on your laptop! Wrap up warm and drink a Lemsip or a hot chocolate*.

It was my birthday today, so I was pretty lax with regard to study. Going to go to bed earlier tonight and wake up at six in the morning and study non stop tomorrow! I must do well in my exams! :eek:

happy birthday :hugs:
Original post by lilGem
happy birthday :hugs:

Thanks! :colondollar:
That's awful! I always get close to study abroad and Erasmus students that are always gone after a semester. :frown: There's always Skype though! I have a lot of friends who live abroad, it won't be as hard to keep in touch as you think! :smile: I see my best friend from school only a couple of times a year but we still have a strong friendship, when we meet up it's like nothing in our lives has changed!

I'm moving to Germany in three weeks and I am still going to make an effort to stay in contact with the friends who mean a lot to me. What I'm trying to say is that it will be difficult to maintain the friendship but honestly if you make the effort to stay in touch it will be fine! :smile:

I know, and it was really unexpected so came as a bit of a shock! But I will try and make the effort to stay in contact!

Thanks for that! Made me feel better :smile:

Thanks! :colondollar:

Happy birthday!!!

ditto with the 58% module and happy birthday
ditto with the 58% module and happy birthday

Thank you! :smile: Your avatar is a reminder of what my Dad gave me as a birthday present, he went to the trouble of wrapping up some Wensleydale cheese for me. :redface: I love Wallace and Gromit, that's why he did it. It was the last thing that I was expecting! :biggrin: That module was atrociously taught and we received no essay guidelines at all. Also some lecturers were marking students more leniently than others, I am hoping that my grade will improve thanks to the external reviewing. As long as it doesn't go down even further, I'll be happy!

Original post by Psyc_Girl
I know, and it was really unexpected so came as a bit of a shock! But I will try and make the effort to stay in contact!

Thanks for that! Made me feel better :smile:

Happy birthday!!!

Thank you and you're welcome! Friendships change and adapt all the time. If you both like each other and have a good bond, I think you'll be okay! :smile: PM me, if you want to talk about it! Although, I also broke up with a former good friend of mine this semester, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask! :redface: (Made some new friends this semester too though. Let's just say I did an early friendship Spring-cleaning session. :wink:)
lifdiogihg

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! / Happy birthday! (:
Have fun in Germany! Which part are you moving to? I'm going back home to Germany in 7 days for two weeks :biggrin:

------

I need a heart out of stone right about now. Please. Sigh.
Holiday? What holiday? Time to start reading for essay 1 of 3.
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! / Happy birthday! (:
Have fun in Germany! Which part are you moving to? I'm going back home to Germany in 7 days for two weeks :biggrin:

Danke schön! / Thank you!
Ich wird in Nordrhein-Westfalen wohnen. :smile: / I will be living in North Rhein Westphalia. :smile:
Woher kommst du in Deutschland? :smile:/ Where are you from in Germany? :smile:

Holiday? What holiday? Time to start reading for essay 1 of 3.

I know the feeling jelly! :frown: Still studying for my exams next week and next weekend I have to complete a two day intensive introduction to TEFL course. I have to study over Christmas as well, I have to write up my project outline for my DAAD research scholarship. No rest for the wicked!
Worked my first 10 hour shift today and its worn me out so badly! My throat kills (which is never good when you have to shout and sing all the time in my job) and I'm so so tired hence no motivation to work.
Not too sure whether or not I can cope with having to revise and work over Xmas :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danke schön! / Thank you!
Ich wird in Nordrhein-Westfalen wohnen. :smile: / I will be living in North Rhein Westphalia. :smile:
Woher kommst du in Deutschland? :smile:/ Where are you from in Germany? :smile:

God, I dislike Northrhine-Westphalia hahaha. but it's a cool place, lots of big cities if you're into that. Urban jungles all over.
I'm from Hesse!

----
I think I have a date tomorrow. I don't really know. I think. I hope. I'm so nervous.
Need to study.
Stupid exams.
God, I dislike Northrhine-Westphalia hahaha. but it's a cool place, lots of big cities if you're into that. Urban jungles all over.
I'm from Hesse!

----
I think I have a date tomorrow. I don't really know. I think. I hope. I'm so nervous.
Need to study.
Stupid exams.

Good luck with the date :biggrin:
Think I've finally finished my lab report :woo:
Original post by shorttstuff
Worked my first 10 hour shift today and its worn me out so badly! My throat kills (which is never good when you have to shout and sing all the time in my job) and I'm so so tired hence no motivation to work.
Not too sure whether or not I can cope with having to revise and work over Xmas :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's rough! Why do you have to shout and sing?

Is it that irritating Christmas cheer kind of job?

----
Need to study.
Stupid exams.

Good luck!
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Good luck with the date :biggrin:

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising

Good luck!

Thanks! ^^ I've got some hope. But I shouldn't expect anything so I won't be disappointed.
Thanks! ^^ I've got some hope. But I shouldn't expect anything so I won't be disappointed.

Is it with that girl? :smile:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising

Nah I work at build a bear workshop :rofl: if you've ever been in store you'll realise what my job entails :lol:

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my last work shift on Saturday there, was a wee bit sad tbh! However, two of the managers called me over and they've given me the option of coming back in January to work 1 shift a week, then coming back properly in February (ie: perfect situation- time off for uni work/the christmas break, little bit of money in January while still allowing me to have a break and then can jump back into working again as soon as term-time re-starts). I said to them I'd think about it so I'll let them know in a week or two. Happy that worked out well :smile:

However, I need to get my **** together. Because of work, I've pretty much done **** all work this term. That's fine, I did that last year and still pulled it together, but it really does matter this year. It's still all to play for and I can still do well, but I need to start putting in that ground work now or it'll be too late.

So yeah, time to get **** done. This week:

- Email diss. supervisor and arrange a meeting for this week
- Write up essay proposal and bring along to aforementioned meeting/email it to her
- Choose essay question for CLP
- Start to make notes on St. Erkenwald
- Start to read Troilus and Criseyde

I'll get the first two done today, then I'll start getting ready because I'm going out tonight :woo:. I was such a mess on Friday, it was actually tragic. I'm lucky I didn't get a *******ing from the managers (one of which had to get his mate to get me a taxi home :rofl:). I am so embarrassed. Shame. No more wine, I've learnt my lesson. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest