The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I wasn't surprised with that score at all. Lovren is a £20 million piece of rubbish, this summer I had high hopes for him at Liverpool with helping us out defensively. But it looks like we were worse off than last year, we really shouldn't have let go of Agger. :frown:
We didn't deserve to win 3-0 at all. Everyone will talk about our defending (and rightfully so because we were ****ing dire) but your defending was a complete joke as well, especially for our third goal. Lovren in particular was awful. The difference is that we're missing a whole host of key defensive players (Rafael Smalling Rojo Shaw & Blind), who do Liverpool have to come and improve things other than Sakho? Selling Agger last summer is looking very foolish indeed.

You badly need a GK, CB and striker in January.
Overall wasn't a gaping difference between the teams in terms of general play imo, I don't think they were value for the score line and we what doubled the amount of chances? But our finishing needs work, it's below par atm as was the defence, DDG was fantastic today and their finishing is clinical. Kudos.

We were creative today, that was good to see now we just need someone to finish them. Bring in a striker in Jan pls, someone with good movement, finishing and pace preferably.

Robin confirmed he got a touch, but that's not significant.

Just my 2 cents, won't be replying/posting since most comments on here are ****.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
We didn't deserve to win 3-0 at all. Everyone will talk about our defending (and rightfully so because we were ****ing dire) but your defending was a complete joke as well, especially for our third goal. Lovren in particular was awful. The difference is that we're missing a whole host of key defensive players (Rafael Smalling Rojo Shaw & Blind), who do Liverpool have to come and improve things other than Sakho? Selling Agger last summer is looking very foolish indeed.

You badly need a GK, CB and striker in January.

We have Lucas and Toure who make our defence more solid but they can't play every single game otherwise fatigue will make them less effective. Flanagan was solid last season, he seems to be forgotten about but not the solution to our CB problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
We have Lucas and Toure who make our defence more solid but they can't play every single game otherwise fatigue will make them less effective. Flanagan was solid last season, he seems to be forgotten about but not the solution to our CB problem.

Where on earth is Flanagan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Where on earth is Flanagan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He had a knee injury in pre season, not sure when he's returning.
Original post by So Instinct
Overall wasn't a gaping difference between the teams in terms of general play imo, I don't think they were value for the score line and we what doubled the amount of chances? But our finishing needs work, it's below par atm as was the defence, DDG was fantastic today and their finishing is clinical. Kudos.

We were creative today, that was good to see now we just need someone to finish them. Bring in a striker in Jan pls, someone with good movement, finishing and pace preferably.

Robin confirmed he got a touch, but that's not significant.

Not the first time Robin's put his hands somewhere illegally :tongue:
Coutinho and Sterling lost you that match.

Rodgers messed up by not playing Balo from the start.
Liverpool's lowest points total after 16 games in PL history.
#rafa #deboer #klopp #simeone
The ****ing clown Brendan Rogers after losing 2-0 to Chelsea last season - "it's easy to defend by parking two buses."
Ahahahaha. I hate United but Rogers is a funny man.
As I said in the match thread, pressure on Rodgers is real now

Confidence obviously very low, defence is shambolic and transfers have been painful.

I'll be surprised if he is given another war chest for January; I wouldn't be surprised if the board cuts it's losses tbh
Original post by Zürich
Not the first time Robin's put his hands somewhere illegally :tongue:

That is slander considering he was cleared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber

Confidence obviously very low, defence is shambolic and transfers have been painful.

I'll be surprised if he is given another war chest for January; I wouldn't be surprised if the board cuts it's losses tbh

He's gone if he loses to Bournemouth and Arsenal imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully Arsenal smash them but they beat Bournemouth so Rodgers has his job for another month :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber

would you trust that man with more of your money?
it's only gonna get worse.

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm not calling for his head yet but neither would i be particulalry bothered if he is sacked in january.

honestly i don't see us winning either - bournemouth will seriously take advantage of low morale and Sanchez FC will destroy us
they won't let us dictate the game like you did; they'll come at us and break us apart.
It's funny how Lucas and Toure started the past few games and we stopped losing, today we go back to Lovren and Gerrard starting as a deep midfielder and we go back to losing again. The difference is, Mignolet was dropped and we started with no striker on one of the biggest games of the season. Rodgers continues to confuse and frustrate Liverpool fans and entertain rival fans...
(edited 9 years ago)
#BringBackQueenKenny
I say give Brenda another 200 million. He can't do worse than he already did. Just expect to pay a bit more for your tickets.

Not that you lot go to games lol.
Original post by samir12
It's funny how Lucas and Toure started the past few games and we stopped losing, today we go back to Lovren and Gerrard starting as a deep midfielder and we go back to losing again. The difference is, Mignolet was dropped and we started with no striker on one of the biggest games of the season. Rodgers continues to confuse and frustrate Liverpool fans and entertain rival fans...

both the manager and the players are the blame.
rodgers using ridiculous tactics keeps morale low because a player in good form like lucas will just randomly be dropped for somebody as useless as allen.

but the players, my god the players need to take a look at themselves.
how can premier league players be given so many chances in a game and still lose 3-0?
the fact that united kept a clean sheet is the most embarrassing thing of all.

word cannot describe how much sterling contributed to this loss.
he maintains my opinion of being one of the worst finishers i've seen in the league this season.
i don't give a damn if he was good to make the runs; the fact is that he can't put the ball in the bloody net and that's the main reason why we lost.

Quick Reply

Latest