The Student Room Group

Hamilton Campus UWS January 2015 intake Nursing

Hi. Is there anyone looking accommodation for January 2015 intake in Hamilton Campus - Uni of the West of Scotland? Im looking for someone or people to live with near the university. I have been accepted onto the MSc Adult Nursing course which is only 2years long.
Get back to me if you are in the same or similar situation. Thankss :smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I have been given a conditional offer for the same course. I need to come in for the testing session on the 19th of August. how about you
Reply 2
Original post by Wum
Hi, I have been given a conditional offer for the same course. I need to come in for the testing session on the 19th of August. how about you

When is the starting date of ur Nursing course? In January?
I was at a testing session there in April and passed the Maths & English and then passed the interview that same day too :smile:
Reply 3
Congratulations. The letter sent to me says 27th of January. So fingers crossed I pass my test and interview on the 19th.
Reply 4
Hi there, I've also been offered a conditional place on MSc Nursing course and am due in Hamilton on Tuesday for tests etc. :eek:
Reply 5
Good Luck :-)
For maths test we completed half with a calculator and the other half without.
For english test we had to write a short paragraph on a certain subject but it only tested our english skills & not on the topic.
Some pointers 4 interview would be about knowledge of the role of a student nurse, how dedicated u are to become a nurse, what things have you done to prepare for the interview.
Hopefully that helps you a bit if u manage to read this before 2moro lol :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you Ashleen. The interview went very well. I hope Cheryl, Jennifer, Jane and Andrea got the news they wanted because I did. x
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Wum:smile: Yea i got a place too. Congratulations.
Reply 8
Original post by Wum
Thank you Ashleen. The interview went very well. I hope Cheryl, Jennifer, Jane and Andrea got the news they wanted because I did. x

Jane starting in January. Glad You are too. See you there! x
Reply 9
Original post by Ashleen90
Hi. Is there anyone looking accommodation for January 2015 intake in Hamilton Campus - Uni of the West of Scotland? Im looking for someone or people to live with near the university. I have been accepted onto the MSc Adult Nursing course which is only 2years long.
Get back to me if you are in the same or similar situation. Thankss :smile::smile:

Hi Ashleen, I will also be moving to Hamilton or surrounding areas. Have you now got your accommodation sorted?
Reply 10
Hi folks i have my interview for adult nursing for the september intake next week. Looking for some pointers in what kind of questions may be asked at the interview? Tia
Original post by Ashleen90

hi, I'm starting the Msc in mental health nursing in January 2015. I'm looking for accommodation too as I will be coming from Ireland. Just wondering have you found accommodation yet? I have applied for student accommodation in the Hamilton campus so waiting to hear about that, but I really don't know if staying in student accommodation is the way to go!
Reply 12
Original post by Wum

So r u starting induction on Mon 26th Jan? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Wum
Hi Ashleen, I will also be moving to Hamilton or surrounding areas. Have you now got your accommodation sorted?

Yeh I have accommodation sorted now. Have u? I'm within walking distance to the campus so it's handy enough. :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Orla.g123
hi, I'm starting the Msc in mental health nursing in January 2015. I'm looking for accommodation too as I will be coming from Ireland. Just wondering have you found accommodation yet? I have applied for student accommodation in the Hamilton campus so waiting to hear about that, but I really don't know if staying in student accommodation is the way to go!

Hi :smile: Yes I have accommodation sorted as I'm moving over next week 😃 Have u found anything yet? R u moving over on your own?
Reply 15
Original post by CherylHealy
Hi Wum:smile: Yea i got a place too. Congratulations.

Hi.
Have u a place on the adult or mental health course? 😃
Reply 16
Yes I am starting on the 26th. Not too long now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
That's handy 😃 It will be a big change. Do u have to go to that Occupational health screening on the 19th?
Reply 18
yeah.9am. Still confused if I need to take the other form to my G.P though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ash_90
Hi :smile: Yes I have accommodation sorted as I'm moving over next week 😃 Have u found anything yet? R u moving over on your own?

Yea moving over on my own, it's a big change for me! Since I don't know the area etc I thought I'd play it safe so I got student accommodation until June and then il find somewhere else to move into after. I think il be moving over around the 20th. So much to organise before then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending