The Student Room Group

Sould Sharia law be tolerated in the UK??

Scroll to see replies

Sharia law will always be subservient to EU law.

When Brussels bureaucrats determine that some sharia law is offensive to gays/feminists/vegetarians then no doubt they will put a massive infraction on the sharia courts and bill them €2 million.
No this is ENGLAND not ISLAMABAD
Reply 82
Original post by neal95
No this is ENGLAND not ISLAMABAD

No one gives a **** about sharia in Islamabad either.
Original post by Trupac

good to hear
Absolutely not. We have no need for such barbarism nor do we want it. I would argue it is not to be tolerated in any society.
Reply 85
Original post by Trupac

Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Groot
Birmingham has lots of Muslims? What other UK cities are Muslims large in numbers in?

enjoy
Reply 87
Original post by Greg Jackson

enjoy

Damn those guys have such nice haircuts.

Which ones your cousins btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by ubi1
No Islamic one is perfectly just and fair, Ill explain to here hold on......
1. When a woman divorces from a man, he has NO responsibility for her. She becomes under the care of her own mahram men such as brothers, ubcles and fathers. This is because in Islam the nikah (marriage) is a contract whereby a man provides for the wife and in return she and him can have physical relations, raise children etc. Once that contract between him and the woman is broke he no longer has to honour that because there I no longer to his benefit, only hers. How's that fair? Islam also does not restrict a woman from earning and keeping her own wealth, so why should she be entitled to money from the husband after divorce? The western laws leave men deprived of wealth in reality they earned and usually need to.continue supporting their children as an Islamic obligation and make it more difficult for men to move on when they're paying exorbitant amount to an ex wife who Islamically they have no.responsibility for.

Can you provide a source where men win 60% of children's custody cases most of the time the mother gets custody

Haha yeah that's completely fair;

'She becomes under the care of her own mahram men such as brothers, ubcles and fathers' - because of course women can't take care of themselves

'This is because in Islam the nikah (marriage) is a contract whereby a man provides for the wife and in return she and him can have physical relations, raise children etc.' - also completely fair, let's forever pigeonhole people into traditional gender roles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Which ones your cousins btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

All but the first who's my older brother.
Reply 90
Original post by Ggmu!

Why is it that in the Muslim teen community, there is a noticeable proportion of wannabe gangsters? This is not so for Christian teen communities, etc.
Original post by Groot
Why is it that in the Muslim teen community, there is a noticeable proportion of wannabe gangsters? This is not so for Christian teen communities, etc.

Such a ignorant statement rofl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Such a ignorant statement rofl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're going to say it's an ignorant statement, at least say what's wrong with it and write a few lines to teach me better.
Original post by Groot
If you're going to say it's an ignorant statement, at least say what's wrong with it and write a few lines to teach me better.

Why waste my time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Why waste my time.

You wasted your time by replying to my post to begin with.
Original post by Groot

Are you for real? Go to any urban area with a large White British or Black Caribbean population.
Reply 96
Original post by Ravenous
Are you for real? Go to any urban area with a large White British or Black Caribbean population.

I was comparing Muslim teen communities to other RELIGIOUS teen communities.
Original post by Groot
I was comparing Muslim teen communities to other RELIGIOUS teen communities.

Er, what constitutes a 'religious teen community' to you?
Reply 98
Original post by Ravenous
Er, what constitutes a 'religious teen community' to you?

Where the individuals of the community lead their lives following a religion.
Original post by Groot
Where the individuals of the community lead their lives following a religion.

Most of those wannabe gangsters aren't really that religious, although they might be proud of and emphasise their Muslim identity, they don't actually practise the religion that well. If you go to heavily populated Sikh areas (like Southall) there are lots of them there like that as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending