The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liamc1997
Thank You! & that was my 6th; I've had 3 different jobs before then & 2 mock interviews with current cambridge students. hope your application works out too :-)

Oh ok awesome
Original post by SteelCookie
Predicted an A in FM, I'm applying for Economics & Statistics. And thank you!

AAB in Math, Chem, Bio & 6A* out of 10 at GCSE.

Your predicted grades?
Original post by Skill Twix
Your predicted grades?

Already got AAB, only predicted grade is an A in FM.
I had these interviewers in King's on Wednesday!
Really nice guys who did their best to make me feel comfortable but my interview didn't go great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by louisjones
Really nice guys who did their best to make me feel comfortable but my interview didn't go great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw how come? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Cry at my 93.3 average ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! :frown:
They gave us maths problems and I didn't complete any of them by myself. They literally held my hand through the question 😏
They gave us maths problems and I didn't complete any of them by myself. They literally held my hand through the question 😏

Ngl I felt the same at mine (different college though) 😔
Original post by oreoenthusiast
Same! :frown:

Still autopool though so not all bad 😎
They gave us maths problems and I didn't complete any of them by myself. They literally held my hand through the question ������

Out of curiosity, what sorts of questions did they ask you? I think the interview process is over so you guys can talk about it now, right?
Original post by ak2015
Out of curiosity, what sorts of questions did they ask you? I think the interview process is over so you guys can talk about it now, right?

Nope interviews still going on this week so please don't mention specifics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the average UMS avg. is that gets into Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same had mine at kings on Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I won't be specific but there was a function to draw and some general problem solving questions.
Does anyone know what the average UMS avg. is that gets into Cambridge?

95+.That's what Mike 123 said!
Nope interviews still going on this week so please don't mention specifics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooops sorry! I didn't go through the interview process but I thought it was over by now, my mistake.
Original post by Skill Twix
95+.That's what Mike 123 said!

hopefully my 94.1 avg is rounded up then hahahaha :colondollar:
hopefully my 94.1 avg is rounded up then hahahaha :colondollar:

Mine's 85ish :frown:
Original post by ak2015
Ooops sorry! I didn't go through the interview process but I thought it was over by now, my mistake.

Yeah it's fine, I just wanted to make sure no one accidentally messed up their application :smile:
I'd say the best time to discuss individual questions will surely be in January, that'll be risk free :smile:
Yeah it's fine, I just wanted to make sure no one accidentally messed up their application :smile:
I'd say the best time to discuss individual questions will surely be in January, that'll be risk free :smile:

Outside the door for my interview there was a note (mostly explaining the format of the interview) but it also said that it's in your best interests not to discuss the interview or the interview process until the middle of January. Presumably this is in case they want to interview some of the pooled applicants? Not sure though, I'd say that's a good guideline time frame anyway
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending