The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Wow, that's amazing! Well done, you must be so chuffed! Tell us about the interview!
Original post by Ratchit99
So, just got back from my first ever teaching interview for an NqT role for september and i got it!! Woop!!
Possibly the most nerve wracking day ever but its done with!!

Congratulations!!!
Original post by bellylaugh
Wow, that's amazing! Well done, you must be so chuffed! Tell us about the interview!

Thanks guys,
So arrived at around ten to 9, in the interview letter they gave me a subject to teach and key objectives for the lesson to be achieved, as well as pupil stats.
Lesson was an hour long and the head of dept and a member of slt were observing like when were observed in school by our mentors with the same grids.
Then a tour by members of the school council so had a chat with them and they ask questions too like what other interests do i have etc.
Then interview was quite formal. Took in examples of good lessons and was asked to discuss examples and talk about how i would manage a disruptive pupil, an example of a lesson when i feel ive improved pupil attainment etc, was quite scary tbh!
Just remember to take examples lf your work to show etc
So, just got back from my first ever teaching interview for an NqT role for september and i got it!! Woop!!
Possibly the most nerve wracking day ever but its done with!!

Omg you got a job already?! I didn't even know there were any out. Well done!! That must be a big relief to have that sorted already.
Original post by Airfairy
Omg you got a job already?! I didn't even know there were any out. Well done!! That must be a big relief to have that sorted already.

Yeah, some of the ones for computing are starting to appear.
It is a relief to have it done but theres that extra pressure now! Lol
Hey guys well done to everyone coming to the end of placement one!

My final assessment review was fine! They graded me as a good, which really surprised and pleased me :smile: now just one last week in school to enjoy with the children wooohooo

I've been seeing them come up but I'm terrified I couldn't demonstrate a good enough less yet to get through. Do they take into account how far we are in our training when they make judgements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I've been seeing them come up but I'm terrified I couldn't demonstrate a good enough less yet to get through. Do they take into account how far we are in our training when they make judgements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they know were training so they give advice on what they would want worked on at this stage, but i guess its potential at the moment that they look at
Hi Everyone... doing my PGCE in secondary mathematics--- this placement is nearly coming to an end... have been given RI grades, I am fine with that..... now getting stressed about the assignment homework..... has anyone thought of any ideas? please advise.....
With everyone finishing placements it seems weird that I'm still at mine for a month after christmas. I feel like I'm just getting a handle on my more difficult classes, so I'm glad I do have that time to iron things out.

I found out where my next placement is yesterday, though. It's an all-girls school, which I'm not thrilled about, but at least it only takes 40 minutes to get there this time (provided I can trust Google maps...).

Original post by mutenmax
Hi Everyone... doing my PGCE in secondary mathematics--- this placement is nearly coming to an end... have been given RI grades, I am fine with that..... now getting stressed about the assignment homework..... has anyone thought of any ideas? please advise.....

All universities have different assignments, so people can't help without knowing what the question(s) is/are.
Original post by tory88
With everyone finishing placements it seems weird that I'm still at mine for a month after christmas. I feel like I'm just getting a handle on my more difficult classes, so I'm glad I do have that time to iron things out.

I found out where my next placement is yesterday, though. It's an all-girls school, which I'm not thrilled about, but at least it only takes 40 minutes to get there this time (provided I can trust Google maps...).

All universities have different assignments, so people can't help without knowing what the question(s) is/are.

My uni does overlapping placements so I had a block in November and march/April in school A, and a block in June, plus intro days in Jan for school B. So I find it weird to see people leaving schools for good this early on!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am going back to my first school for a few weeks in Feb, then my second placement starts around Easter.

Is anyone else feeling a bit rough since they've finished? It's like now I've relaxed it has all caught up with me.... my stomach is all over the place, and I am sooo tired! I hope it wears off soon! :frown:
I have my uni obs tomorrow and I;m unbelievably nervous. I've been thinking about it all weekend. I'll be glad to get it done. I think I'm going to have to take some of my anti-anxiety meds because I'm that bad at the moment. I don't like taking them though because they make me really drowsy...
I have my uni obs tomorrow and I;m unbelievably nervous. I've been thinking about it all weekend. I'll be glad to get it done. I think I'm going to have to take some of my anti-anxiety meds because I'm that bad at the moment. I don't like taking them though because they make me really drowsy...

Good luck, youll be fine :smile: just keep doing what you already are and itll all go ok x

You'll be okay. It feels worse than it is but once you're in there doing your stuff you'll forget they're even there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah as another poster said, once the lesson starts you'll forget them. You'll be too busy to think 'she's here'. You'll be fine and seeing it's your first placement, they can't expect you to be perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask what will be your salary as NQT? Also, is it full time or part-time?
Original post by Juichiro
May I ask what will be your salary as NQT? Also, is it full time or part-time?

Full time and mps1 as nqts are usually put on
Finally got my appointment to see my mentor today; hopefully will be starting my placement after new years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're doing a micro teach at uni today and I really don't fancy doing it at all. Think I got to the end of all of my observations last week and now I'm not really in the doing work kinda mood.

And I think I'm suffering with whatever my mentor had last week too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending