The Student Room Group

A refernce from you work experience Headteacher..... applying for primary ed QTS

hey i want to do Primary education QTS at birmingham city, newman and worcester
and worcester want me to have a refence from the headteacher from the primary school i had experience in, how do i get one?
what would i need to email to the primary head teacher?
also how do i send it off to the ucas?
please help... thanks in advance :smile: :biggrin:
I have heard Newman arent brilliant, i think a friend went there to do Social work, and left because most lectures got cancelled.

But just email them something along the lines of,

Dear whoever

I came and did some work experience on the (insert date) and have been asked by one of my chosen universities that i need a reference from you before im considered for a place. Please would you be able to do this for me.

Yours sincerely,
your name

You wouldnt be the one to send it off though, as you would be able to doctor it, so the head would have to send it off for you, there should be an email address with it? If not i would get back to Worcester and ask them how they want to receive the reference.

Hope this is of help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Jay018
I have heard Newman arent brilliant, i think a friend went there to do Social work, and left because most lectures got cancelled.

But just email them something along the lines of,

Dear whoever

I came and did some work experience on the (insert date) and have been asked by one of my chosen universities that i need a reference from you before im considered for a place. Please would you be able to do this for me.

Yours sincerely,
your name

You wouldnt be the one to send it off though, as you would be able to doctor it, so the head would have to send it off for you, there should be an email address with it? If not i would get back to Worcester and ask them how they want to receive the reference.

Hope this is of help.

aw thanks thats really helpful! but i think that im not gonna apply for wrocester anymore
Im gonna apply for derby instead :smile:
and oh about newman :/ thats very strange
Original post by glitzy08
aw thanks thats really helpful! but i think that im not gonna apply for wrocester anymore
Im gonna apply for derby instead :smile:
and oh about newman :/ thats very strange

I also took them off my list because of that. As i dont really see why it is needed... But then again i do.. XD

I replaced it with a local uni to me, just in case i decide against moving away to Plymouth XD.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll have a chat with them and see if that is the case.
Reply 4
Original post by Jay018
I also took them off my list because of that. As i dont really see why it is needed... But then again i do.. XD

I replaced it with a local uni to me, just in case i decide against moving away to Plymouth XD.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll have a chat with them and see if that is the case.

hm yeah it's like i'd have to wait an extra week or so to get a reference + the libarary is like 15 mins walk abway from uni at worcester, so i dont really think thats a good place for me haha... and yh newman seemed pretty good :smile:
hm yeah it's like i'd have to wait an extra week or so to get a reference + the libarary is like 15 mins walk abway from uni at worcester, so i dont really think thats a good place for me haha... and yh newman seemed pretty good :smile:

Yeah, you dont want that, as you want easy access at 12am to study and not walking the streets on your own. Campus ones are way better :P dont know where Plymouths is but at a guess it would be on campus, with it being a campus uni XD

Okay, it might be for teaching but i guess it depends. Still havent gotten in touch with them im afraid. too lazy :P will ask now while im thinking about it XD
We have heard and she doesnt recommend the Uni because they had most lecture cancelled and crap like that, also they are very disorganised. You're better off going somewhere else like Derby (I think you mentioned)

Edit, they'll ask a few people they know and see what it is like. And ill get back to you asap.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wel they just got back to me and she says that one of her friends on the course says it isnt great. best to go for somewhere else
Reply 8
Original post by Jay018
Wel they just got back to me and she says that one of her friends on the course says it isnt great. best to go for somewhere else

oh wow, you're very organised haha! thanks for the feedback... hmmm, yh i think i will write Newman down (as my last choice)!! bwecause i dont want to go too far...
so ill go with; Birmingham city, Derby, Northampton, Gloucester and newman :/

are there anymore near the birmingham area (max. 2 hours on transport)?? :/

and ps... thanks very much :smile::redface:
oh wow, you're very organised haha! thanks for the feedback... hmmm, yh i think i will write Newman down (as my last choice)!! bwecause i dont want to go too far...
so ill go with; Birmingham city, Derby, Northampton, Gloucester and newman :/

are there anymore near the birmingham area (max. 2 hours on transport)?? :/

and ps... thanks very much :smile::redface:

Yeah, when im going to get something done, i'll do it, also my friend was quick at replying :smile: yeah, still go with it as you never know. Im only going to put 3 down i think, just because of travel costs but i might also put Derby on my list. But I dont mind how far i go, but wanting to avoid certain areas haha.

I'm not sure really, how about Bedford? as i think they do it, but it might be further away than you want. I can only think of the ones you have already put down.

How far are you until you'll be applying? As im just about to finalise my PS and then im done :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Jay018
Yeah, when im going to get something done, i'll do it, also my friend was quick at replying :smile: yeah, still go with it as you never know. Im only going to put 3 down i think, just because of travel costs but i might also put Derby on my list. But I dont mind how far i go, but wanting to avoid certain areas haha.

I'm not sure really, how about Bedford? as i think they do it, but it might be further away than you want. I can only think of the ones you have already put down.

How far are you until you'll be applying? As im just about to finalise my PS and then im done :smile:

hey yh Bedords a good one,,, but yh i already applied(thank God!!) on wednesday night :biggrin: so yh, hoping my school gets the reference done quick!! :/ so yh it's good if u also get it done before christmas holz... haha :biggrin: :smile:
:biggrin: yey just imagine getting into the same uni!! that would be cool, and i dont even know you :smile:
hey yh Bedords a good one,,, but yh i already applied(thank God!!) on wednesday night :biggrin: so yh, hoping my school gets the reference done quick!! :/ so yh it's good if u also get it done before christmas holz... haha :biggrin: :smile:
:biggrin: yey just imagine getting into the same uni!! that would be cool, and i dont even know you :smile:

Ah lucky, I've been so busy trying to get assignments done havent had enough time to get things sorted, but nearly done them so have more time to sort it :smile: but yeah, need it done by then as that my college deadline.. getting nervous.

But yeah it would be fun if i did :P where would your first and second choice be? mine would be Plymouth and Gloucester :smile:
Reply 12
oh okay that's cool aswell!! Assignments are a bugger lol

anyways, My choices by preference would be : Birmingham City, Derby, Northampton, Gloucester and Newman :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jay018
Ah lucky, I've been so busy trying to get assignments done havent had enough time to get things sorted, but nearly done them so have more time to sort it :smile: but yeah, need it done by then as that my college deadline.. getting nervous.

But yeah it would be fun if i did :P where would your first and second choice be? mine would be Plymouth and Gloucester :smile:

anyways, My choices by preference would be : Birmingham City, Derby, Northampton, Gloucester and Newman

anyways, My choices by preference would be : Birmingham City, Derby, Northampton, Gloucester and Newman

Yeah they are, really hate two of them XD but then the first set are the hardest they say. so it should get better over time :smile: but finished my PS just waiting to hear back from my tutor now :smile:

Ah nice, im wanting to avoid the midlands really, but if i need to go i wont complain, as i could easily move during the second year XD
Reply 15
Original post by Jay018
Yeah they are, really hate two of them XD but then the first set are the hardest they say. so it should get better over time :smile: but finished my PS just waiting to hear back from my tutor now :smile:

Ah nice, im wanting to avoid the midlands really, but if i need to go i wont complain, as i could easily move during the second year XD

yeah thats good that you've got it done.
I had done everything on ucas, just waiting a week for my teachers to do a reference... hoping they get it done fast haha

and yh i wanna stay in the midlands bexcause it's local, but yh lets see :smile::smile:
yeah thats good that you've got it done.
I had done everything on ucas, just waiting a week for my teachers to do a reference... hoping they get it done fast haha

and yh i wanna stay in the midlands bexcause it's local, but yh lets see :smile::smile:

Nice, hope they can get something done quickly for you. Going to send it off tomorrow hopefully, even if it means staying after college to sort things out properly. As im not sure if im in on Weds as my tutor for my lessons is not going to be there so there might be no point in going in just for a tutorial.

I'm wanting to move away. Staying in London doesnt appeal to me, having lived here for nearly 20 years now XD. I don't mind the distance, as i know people down in Plymouth so it won't be too bad. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest