The Student Room Group

Rate my First Song

Hi, this is my first song that I have written and recorded. Here it is:

SKAG - What happens on your Perfect day

Please let me know what you think, your feedback is greatly apreciated.

If you like the song please share it on facebook, twitter etc,

If you own or know of someone with a page with a lot of followers and they would let me pay them to post my song on their page let me know.

I have more songs that I have written but I want to wait till I get a bit of a fan base before I record more songs.

Thankyou,
SKAG
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
This song is really good. I cant wait to see what you write about next.
Voice is very good, you sound like someone I've heard but I can't quite remember who. Lyrics are good too, and the music is nice and unconventional.
Reply 3
Original post by dibber
This song is really good. I cant wait to see what you write about next.

Thanks man, im going to record another song tomorrow night and probably put it on youtube tomorrow night or the next day. Its a totally different genre though more of a hip hop beat where I rap and sing.
Reply 4
Original post by somemightsay888
Voice is very good, you sound like someone I've heard but I can't quite remember who. Lyrics are good too, and the music is nice and unconventional.

Thanks, let me know if you remember who you thought I sound like.
Reply 5
Hey man, have you recorded any more new songs?
Reply 6
Original post by dibber
Hey man, have you recorded any more new songs?

Yeah I have done rough recordings of 4-5 songs but been busy with work, uni and everything else. I had my last exam for the degree I have just finished a couple of days ago. The course I just completed was for construction management but starting a new course next year in sound engineering. I should post a few more songs over the next couple of weeks.
Original post by wanderer1029

If you own or know of someone with a page with a lot of followers and they would let me pay them to post my song on their page let me know.

I have more songs that I have written but I want to wait till I get a bit of a fan base before I record more songs.

Thankyou,
SKAG

I like the song, good first effort but it could have been improved by turning the volume on the vocals up a tad so they came out stronger in the final mix. It sounds cool musically and the lyrics that I can make out are decent but there's parts where they're a bit inaudible because the vocal is buried too far under the music for my ears to pick them up.
Reply 8
Original post by IanDangerously
I like the song, good first effort but it could have been improved by turning the volume on the vocals up a tad so they came out stronger in the final mix. It sounds cool musically and the lyrics that I can make out are decent but there's parts where they're a bit inaudible because the vocal is buried too far under the music for my ears to pick them up.

Thanks for the feedback. Were you listening to the song on headphones or through speakers, if you don't mind me asking.
thanks

Agree with this, drums are a bit too present and vocals are buried generally.
There's also not a great deal of dynamic & range. Its quite monotonous. Needs some oomph.

Listening on headphones, my partner is also a professional musician, so picked up a bit of an ear.

Not at all bad for a first song.

What software did you use out of curiosity?
Thanks for the feedback. Were you listening to the song on headphones or through speakers, if you don't mind me asking.
thanks

I was listening on a pair of desktop speakers :smile:
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Agree with this, drums are a bit too present and vocals are buried generally.
There's also not a great deal of dynamic & range. Its quite monotonous. Needs some oomph.

Listening on headphones, my partner is also a professional musician, so picked up a bit of an ear.

Not at all bad for a first song.

What software did you use out of curiosity?

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the feedback. The software I used was a program called mixpad but will be using different programs soon because I am going to purchase a mac.
I was listening on a pair of desktop speakers :smile:

Thanks for the reply.
Reply 13

Thankyou,
SKAG

This song is really good especially as a first song. My friends and I listened to the song a few times, it is really catchy and becomes stuck in your head after hearing it a couple of times. Nice lyrics and voice.
Original post by pychgirl
This song is really good especially as a first song. My friends and I listened to the song a few times, it is really catchy and becomes stuck in your head after hearing it a couple of times. Nice lyrics and voice.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm am very happy that you and your friends like the song. Check out the new song I just uploaded on tsr, its a completely different genre though.

Quick Reply

Latest