The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7120
Original post by Lúcio
Exactly what I feel like - credit to the keeper for keeping everything out but no matter how skilled the guy is in goal, players simply must score from those chances.
We had the chances we needed to win that game and we didn't take them - we just decided we'd rather gift you goals at the other end instead :smile:

Thing that annoys me is people are talking like he made a string of brilliant saves over and over. You'd expect a top quality keeper to save them all, except the Balotelli one of course which well deserved a goal.

It's kinda a positive for you; Sturridge back should mean you score more; he can actually finish. Tough season though.

We had basically our same team as last year on the pitch today bar the final 20 mins or so, minus evra rafael and vidic :lolwut: I'm not sure why our fans expect us to look amazing when we play with no fullbacks, and a midfielder in DC along with 2 defenders who haven't played for months. Have no doubt we'll improve, and improve a lot when everybody is finally fit.

One final note, Moreno was poor as hell. I actually felt sorry for Allen, he was literally covering him 24/7. We missed Shaw and ADM though.
Original post by samba
Thing that annoys me is people are talking like he made a string of brilliant saves over and over. You'd expect a top quality keeper to save them all, except the Balotelli one of course which well deserved a goal.

It's kinda a positive for you; Sturridge back should mean you score more; he can actually finish. Tough season though.

We had basically our same team as last year on the pitch today bar the final 20 mins or so, minus evra rafael and vidic :lolwut: I'm not sure why our fans expect us to look amazing when we play with no fullbacks, and a midfielder in DC along with 2 defenders who haven't played for months. Have no doubt we'll improve, and improve a lot when everybody is finally fit.

One final note, Moreno was poor as hell. I actually felt sorry for Allen, he was literally covering him 24/7. We missed Shaw and ADM though.

exactly - give sturridge those chances and we wouldn't be crying over a 3-0 loss, we'd probably have won the match (although there's other variables unaccounted for here)

i'm glad we created so much but 1) your makeshift defence is laughably easy to open up, and 2) we used a system with the expense of a striker
if sturridge doesn't hit the ground running and we don't buy in jan it's over man, no question
a long way to go but we're so far behind now that we'll be playing catch up all the way

exactly - you guys are only gonna get better but you're already 10 points ahead
so we have to catch up 10 points (probably more by january) on a team that will only get better as they (potentially) bring in better quality in jan and start to actually play well.
K den.

moreno was frustratingly poor which annoyed me because in general he has been gret for us
he has been left out a fair bit recently though so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he isn't 100% physically and/or mentally
but to be taken apart so easily by bloody valencia is not promising in the slightest.
Ronald De Boer said his brother would take the LFC job in the summer if offered. If you were smart you'd be all over that
Original post by Zürich
Ronald De Boer said his brother would take the LFC job in the summer if offered. If you were smart you'd be all over that

I don't really know anything about De Boer other than he's dutch so maybe you or someone else can give some insight to how good of a manager he is, what style does he make his teams play, experience in Europe etc..
Original post by Zürich
I think he actually said he would think about it, instead of rejecting immediately like he did before.
Original post by samir12
I don't really know anything about De Boer other than he's dutch so maybe you or someone else can give some insight to how good of a manager he is, what style does he make his teams play, experience in Europe etc..

How do you not know Frank de Boer?
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
How do you not know Frank de Boer?

He's obviously referring to his managerial ability, I couldn't tell you jack **** about that either.
Why wouldn't Guardiola join the pools? He wants money and time.

And both of that is available at Liverpool. Plus with no europe next season he can take one week to work on each game. Liverpool for da treble folks in 2015/16 folks. I'm calling it.
Original post by sr90
He's obviously referring to his managerial ability, I couldn't tell you jack **** about that either.

What makes your level of knowledge relevant?
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

And both of that is available at Liverpool. Plus with no europe next season he can take one week to work on each game. Liverpool for da treble folks in 2015/16 folks. I'm calling it.

I'm sure he's happy at Bayern while looking to dominate Europe for the foreseeable future.

Original post by sr90

He's won the Eredivisie with Ajax for the last 4 years in a row which isn't a shabby achievement.
Well Besiktas are currently heading up the Turkish league so they won't be easy.. ah well we can worry about them in February. Plenty more to worry about in the mean time.
Original post by JamesR12
What makes your level of knowledge relevant?

''How do you not know Frank de Boer?'', implies that everyone knows all about his record as a manager.
Demba Ba will cause huge problems against our defence.
Original post by Mackay
Demba Ba will cause huge problems against our defence.

Dreamer, what fool would walk away from BM now. When he can dominate germany/europe for the next 2-3 years.

How will he win treble next year then without Europe unless you mean domestic treble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7136
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
How will he win treble next year then without Europe unless you mean domestic treble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Capital one cup init

Lolol
Please tell me this was piece due to be published on April 1st 2015? It isn't even "Moneyball" - funnily enough Chelsea have a moneybag operation but we don't..
Whey would anyone base their transfer policy on a computer program!????!!!!!!!!!! espicially one designed by someone who has a skewed definition of defender etc.
Looking at the current squad, it's hard to judge who may or should still be here in 2 years time..

Yes you would still want here

Philippe Coutinho
Jordan Henderson
Daniel Sturridge
Albert Moreno
Emre Can
Raheem Sterling
Jon Flanagan
Lazar Markovic
Andre Wisdom
Divock Origi

Maybe would still want here

Mamadou Sakho
Javi Manquillo
Adam Lallana
Lucas Leiva
Joe Allen
Martin Skrtel
Iloris
Ibe

Retired/left/declined

Glen Johnson
Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Steven Gerrard
Ricky Lambert

Not good enough

Brad Jones
Dejan Lovren
Simon Mignolet
Fabio Borini
Suso
Mario Balotelli
Assaidi
Coates
Alberto
Aspas

A little bit worrying how many we have in the not good enough/will leaving soonish?

Quick Reply

Latest